Post your TECH ISSUES for European Mystery: The Face of Envy Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Feb 15, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your technical problems!

Edited on 02/15/2014 at 9:01:34 AM PST

gnewburn
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for European Mystery: The Face of Envy Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by gnewburn on Feb 15, 14 5:14 AM
I purchased the game it wouldnt D/L I rebooted my computer I was told to go to purchase history...that tab wont open ..so Im

gnewburn
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for European Mystery: The Face of Envy Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by gnewburn on Feb 15, 14 6:02 AM
problem solved...just deleted & reinstalled BF

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Feb 15, 14 9:00 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

cindybuns
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Achievement GOOFS on displaying whether or not hints/skipping used

[Post New]by cindybuns on Feb 15, 14 9:43 AM
Just played the demo, I have used hints in the HOS as well as skipped one of the mini games, however the achievements displayed no hints used after the HOS and after skipping the mini game the achievement displayed no games skipped.

Apparently the developers GOOFED (technical term) on the achievement section of the game and it needs to be fixed.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Feb 15, 14 10:02 AM
cindybuns wrote:Just played the demo, I have used hints in the HOS as well as skipped one of the mini games, however the achievements displayed no hints used after the HOS and after skipping the mini game the achievement displayed no games skipped.

Apparently the developers GOOFED (technical term) on the achievement section of the game and it needs to be fixed.

Same here -- I did not use hints, but I'm sure it took more than a minute and I know I clicked on a wrong item, yet I got the achievements for finishing in less than a minute and for no mistakes.

Sheila155
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Sheila155 on Feb 15, 14 10:33 AM
I also got achievements for completing a hos without a hint when I had used one. I then skipped a game and got my achievement for that too.

I was playing in casual mode and only used hint and skip to get the maximum time to play the demo, but I'm not sure I want achievements that I haven't earned honestly.

Other than that, the game appeared to run just fine

cindybuns
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by cindybuns on Feb 15, 14 10:44 AM
Just wanted to let you guys know I also reported this to BF's technical department as well.

Just wondering don't the developers test these games?

I also played in casual mode.

Edited on 02/15/2014 at 10:46:09 AM PST

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Feb 15, 14 3:41 PM
Same here..got achievements for things that didn't happen! Oh well, it isn't really that much of a problem for me since I don't care about achievements in games (except for morphing objects, or collections..those are fun)! It is a problem however that the dev let something like this slip. Sloppy work in my opinion.

Gojira2006
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,183 Posts

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Feb 15, 14 3:57 PM
cindybuns wrote:Just wanted to let you guys know I also reported this to BF's technical department as well.

Just wondering don't the developers test these games?

I also played in casual mode.

I Beta-tested this game a while ago, but I don't remember achievements being made available . . . Unfortunately, we get a stripped-down version of the game when we test it, so these problems don't become apparent until after they're released, & a flood of complaints come cascading in . . .

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 15, 14 5:51 PM
Just wanted to say that this is not the first time that an achievement was handed out for something that didn't happen. This seems to happen frequently. I keep seeing it in different games.

hcatb
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by hcatb on Feb 16, 14 1:41 PM
hcatb wrote:
cindybuns wrote:Just played the demo, I have used hints in the HOS as well as skipped one of the mini games, however the achievements displayed no hints used after the HOS and after skipping the mini game the achievement displayed no games skipped.

Same here, I received the achievement even though I did not deserve it. I guess everybody is having the same problem.

[Post New]by beth0716 on Feb 16, 14 6:25 PM
Trying to play the trial but after putting the jewel on the door and trying to enter the house the game freezes. I deleted the game and re-downloaded but it keeps doing the same thing??????

Anyone else have this problem?

LinLyn
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by LinLyn on Feb 18, 14 7:37 AM
The game was going great. Then I got to the place where you have to get a pipe by completing the search area under the couch in the Jeweler's room. That all went well until I tried to place the piece of rose jewelry with the other piece of rose jewelry on the board. Hope you will know what I mean because I can't explain it better. I can NOT get the piece to go where the hint (and common sense) shows it should go. Has anyone else had this problem or any suggestion on how to solve this problem? There are no skips for this and I can't complete the game until it is solved.

[Post New]by bigmonster on Feb 18, 14 11:05 AM
Hi
I cannot get the White heart to paint in the HOP of hearts. It is so cose to the side of the screen and I tried dozens of times and it won't paint the darn heart.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Feb 18, 14 10:22 PM
The achievements are glitching! I'm getting achievements for stuff I haven't done yet!

I used about 3 hints in the first HOS: Got an achievement for solving a HOS without skipping.
In the first HOS I also got an achievement for not miss-clicking, even though I miss-clicked a couple of times.
I skipped my first puzzle: Got an achievement for solving a puzzle without skipping.
I just finished my 3rd HOS. Got an achievement for solving 3 HOS with no hints.

Believe it or not, it's actually getting REALLY annoying!

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Feb 19, 14 1:00 PM
I have tried forever to create the crown for the Greek statue, but it keeps saying the yellow crystal has not been energized.

Does anyone know how to do this? I have colored in the crown a zillion times and it keeps telling me it is wrong. How do I energize the gem in the right light when it sticks where it is?

Help!

[Post New]by agthomas on Feb 19, 14 7:12 PM
Police sketch...

I have a sketch of a suspect and buttons that apparently are for choosing matching features, but the buttons don't work. The Guide indicates that's what they are for, but gives no hint on how to operate them. Otherwise, the game works for me, but I'm stuck on this.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Feb 20, 14 12:17 AM
LinLyn wrote:The game was going great. Then I got to the place where you have to get a pipe by completing the search area under the couch in the Jeweler's room. That all went well until I tried to place the piece of rose jewelry with the other piece of rose jewelry on the board. Hope you will know what I mean because I can't explain it better. I can NOT get the piece to go where the hint (and common sense) shows it should go. Has anyone else had this problem or any suggestion on how to solve this problem? There are no skips for this and I can't complete the game until it is solved.

Hi LinLyn,

Each set of gems forms a picture so after moving them into the correct color column, you have to arrange each set to form a complete picture. Just select 2 gems of the same color to swap their positions until each picture is formed. Let me know if it worked or you still need help, if you wish of course.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Feb 20, 14 12:45 AM
aalaurie wrote:I have tried forever to create the crown for the Greek statue, but it keeps saying the yellow crystal has not been energized.

Does anyone know how to do this? I have colored in the crown a zillion times and it keeps telling me it is wrong. How do I energize the gem in the right light when it sticks where it is?

Help!

aalaurie, are you sure the yellow crystal is in the right place? It must be placed in the slot near the top right of the blueprint. If you have it in the jeweler's box, it certainly is charged. Also, when painting the crown make sure to use the right color on the right spot. Let me know if you need further help.

Edited on 02/20/2014 at 1:03:48 AM PST

Go to: