bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Updated PC Version of The Serpent of Isis ™ Available Now

[Post New]by bfgErie on Mar 18, 09 3:21 PM
Just want to let everyone know that we now have another version of The Serpent of Isis ™ available for download right now. This newest version should resolve the issue of duplicating inventory items and other minor fixes. To get the new version, simply uninstall the game from your computer and then reinstall the game from our website. For instructions on how to do this, click on the link below that will take you to a help page article that gives you step by step information:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

In order to see these updates, you will need to create a new profile and start over from the beginning of the game. It's unfortunate that you have to restart the game, but the developer was unable to correct these issues any other way.

If you have any trouble installing the new version of the game, please contact our Technical Support team. You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "We're here to help" link at the right of this page.

Edited on 03/25/2009 at 11:32:31 AM PST

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

Re:New Version of The Serpent of Isis ™ Available Now

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 18, 09 4:14 PM
Is this for PC or Mac?

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Mar 18, 09 4:41 PM
Sorry, I should have noted that. This new build is the PC version of the game.

donamae222
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Updated PC Version of The Serpent of Isis ™ Available Now

[Post New]by donamae222 on Mar 18, 09 4:50 PM
Did it as I also had my pyramid sitting on my suspect list and couldn't finish. Took me back to where I was after the uninstall & reinstall but.....pyramid still sitting there and my inventory full. Does the fix not kick in till I start the game all over??
Thanks

donamae222
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by donamae222 on Mar 18, 09 5:04 PM
Forgot to mention....when I click on the inventory item where the pyramid is (on top of suspect list) there is a weird crackly noise. Mean anything?
That is in the Tower of London, Chapter 10.

frunny
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by frunny on Mar 19, 09 2:21 AM
IMPORTAND: You need to create a new player in order to get the new version to work!

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Mar 19, 09 9:12 AM
I've been told that in order to see these updates, you will need to create a new profile and start over from the beginning of the game. It's unfortunate that you have to restart the game, but the developer was unable to correct these issues any other way.

It's also worth noting that the new version also gives you a flashlight to help you look for items in the darker scenes! Instructions on how to install the new version is in the first post in this thread. Please feel free to contact our Support team if you need any assistance!

ksbee
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by ksbee on Mar 20, 09 6:00 PM
If I just purchased the game Serpent of Isis, does that mean I have the update in this download?

ksbee

[Post New]by PrincessPepper on Mar 21, 09 8:43 PM
I just downloaded the updated PC version. It plays "smoother" somehow - seems to respond faster. and the flashlight in the dark areas is wonderful. I didn't realize that comments could actually result in real help.

bonnallen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by bonnallen on Mar 24, 09 5:38 AM
bfgErie wrote:Sorry, I should have noted that. This new build is the PC version of the game.

When will the Mac new build be ready?

phuquemoi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by phuquemoi on Mar 24, 09 2:02 PM
When will the Mac update be out?

[Post New]by panthermo on Apr 1, 09 2:20 PM
Hi
Can you let us Mac users know when Big Fish will get Serpent of Isis available with new updates. I am sure like many other Mac users, we have already purchased the game and either would like to play it or get credit for it
thanks

Tressa999
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Tressa999 on Apr 7, 09 8:39 AM
On the new build, did they do anything to lighten the screen? It is nearly impossible to find things, especially later in the game. I love Hidden Object Games, but not Dark Screen Games. This has happened on several HOG, but not the MCF ones. Could they lighten the screens up???

McBs
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by McBs on Apr 7, 09 8:34 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game I when I started up the new version my profiles were still there. I deleted them I tried to create a new profile but it only allows me to type 1 alpha character and then begins the game. Now my profile is called "M".

Any help would be appreciated.

Nevermind...it's working now! thanks for all you do!

Edited on 04/07/2009 at 8:40:01 PM PST

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Apr 8, 09 6:13 AM
Tressa999 wrote:On the new build, did they do anything to lighten the screen? It is nearly impossible to find things, especially later in the game. I love Hidden Object Games, but not Dark Screen Games. This has happened on several HOG, but not the MCF ones. Could they lighten the screens up???

Hi Tressa99- welcome to the forums!

The new version also gives you a flashlight to help you look for items in the darker scenes!

Hope this helps!

PrplDva

[Post New]by alideb on May 28, 09 2:26 PM
I am on level nine going to budapest london but it begins I click on the only room I can and it saids ty for playing sepent of Isis,want to play again. Cannot get pass this spot without it quitting on me. I had a flashlight with me the whole time but nowhere to use it

Edited on 05/28/2009 at 2:27:43 PM PST

[Post New]by FleenerJ42 on Jun 17, 09 9:58 AM
how do i download the new pc version of this game

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jun 17, 09 2:27 PM
Read the first post of this thread for instructions.

Edited on 06/17/2009 at 2:28:18 PM PST

mindee187
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Updated PC Version of The Serpent of Isis ™ Available Now

[Post New]by mindee187 on Aug 22, 09 11:06 AM
bfgErie wrote:Just want to let everyone know that we now have another version of The Serpent of Isis ™ available for download right now. This newest version should resolve the issue of duplicating inventory items and other minor fixes. To get the new version, simply uninstall the game from your computer and then reinstall the game from our website. For instructions on how to do this, click on the link below that will take you to a help page article that gives you step by step information:

<a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigfishgames.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=492>Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

In order to see these updates, you will need to create a new profile and start over from the beginning of the game. It's unfortunate that you have to restart the game, but the developer was unable to correct these issues any other way.

If you have any trouble installing the new version of the game, please contact our Technical Support team. You can contact our support team by clicking <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com>here</a> or by clicking on the "We're here to help" link at the right of this page.

mopeg
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by mopeg on Sep 7, 09 4:16 PM
some of the objects are below the window. Can't see the item.

Go to: