Post your TECH ISSUES for Demigods here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Feb 17, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your technical problems!

Edited on 02/17/2014 at 9:29:50 AM PST

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Demigods here

[Post New]by annmariepinto on Feb 17, 14 3:54 AM
game jamming, it takes a really long time to load, help! I want to play it!!!

Agnes_2810
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by Agnes_2810 on Feb 17, 14 4:08 AM
I think, Annmarie, all the fishies are on big shopping-tour, and downloading the games they bought on the sale. My downloadings are also very slow, one of them took more than half an our. Normally they are down in minutes. So be patient, it's very likely not this game, but the big download-busines.

[Post New]by annmariepinto on Feb 17, 14 4:10 AM
it downloads no problem, it is the game itself it takes forever to load to play screen and then freezes to get to level one ugh!

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Feb 17, 14 4:49 AM
PAINFULLY slow! I think there is just too much going on in this game that doesn't have anything to do with the gameplay. Example...Level 3 there is a graphic of a moving octopus with waves crashing...nice effect and I get that the developers were going for the shock and awe effect. However, it slows the main gameplay down to the point where the level took me almost 23 minutes just waiting for the players to move and break rocks. I attempted this game on another site and it wouldn't even load for many people, including myself. Don't attempt timed mode on this. You won't get past Level 1.

[Post New]by westman2000 on Feb 17, 14 6:37 AM
annmariepinto, mkastor
Can you please post your computer's specifications? OS, RAM, Video etc.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Feb 17, 14 7:17 AM
Windows XP, Service Pack 3, 2.99 GB

Myriade99
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Myriade99 on Feb 17, 14 7:26 AM
I find that the SPX like the hydra does slow down the play a lot, but I had no problem beating the time so far (level 5).

[Post New]by westman2000 on Feb 17, 14 7:40 AM
mkastor, and how many RAM and video RAM you have?

[Post New]by oceane12 on Feb 17, 14 8:46 AM
cant play everyting freeze

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Feb 17, 14 9:28 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

lynn106
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by lynn106 on Feb 17, 14 10:10 AM
The game will not stay in full screen mode. It switches back to windowed between each level.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Feb 17, 14 11:11 AM
Thank you for starting the Tech Issues thread Pondprowler!

[Post New]by ladystar1309 on Feb 17, 14 12:53 PM
Hello, I am having a TECH issue. The directory content/****/Demigods will not or can not create during install and no files load. I tried to make the proper directories so it will load the files but that did not work either.

I hope this is what you want in this area.

Patty

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Feb 17, 14 11:58 PM
mkastor wrote:PAINFULLY slow! I think there is just too much going on in this game that doesn't have anything to do with the gameplay. Example...Level 3 there is a graphic of a moving octopus with waves crashing...nice effect and I get that the developers were going for the shock and awe effect. However, it slows the main gameplay down to the point where the level took me almost 23 minutes just waiting for the players to move and break rocks. I attempted this game on another site and it wouldn't even load for many people, including myself. Don't attempt timed mode on this. You won't get past Level 1.

I haven't had any problems, to be honest. Other than that I found a sound that plays in the background to be quite awful. But no loading issues or lag, so it must be something with your computer that needs to be looked at/adjusted/repaired.

[Post New]by Ann123456 on Feb 18, 14 3:53 AM
Game very slow & freezing ! Will there be a patch for this...I would like to play it !

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Feb 18, 14 7:36 AM
I have had this game a while now and I found it was jumpy. I was told my graphics card was too small. I then had to reinstall Windows 7 Pro 64 and downloaded the game again and it took an age to open and play. I then uninstalled and reinstalled and it is working great now.

honest2
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by honest2 on Feb 18, 14 7:41 AM
Level 33 started to freeze but spluttered through.
Level 34 froze altogether and I had to turn computer off.
One earlier level was a bit iffy but I don't know which.
Other than that no problems(even with the "krakurn" )

MammawJo
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by MammawJo on Feb 18, 14 10:34 AM
I've had no response from **** since the day this game launched. First, there was only 1 page of the story and the screen kept switching to windowed mode after each and every level. Gameplay was mostly fine...only a couple places did it seem to lag a bit but it wasn't awful... until I hit levels 25 & 35; then the pixels went crazy. I had to exit out & restart the game for these levels. Since the comments section and the forums are now removed from the new website, I'll tell you there were alot of people with these same issues...also some dl problems and freezing/lagging problems. A few people said that with a fresh download and install that it fixed the problems; others said it did not.

I did a clean reinstall & the story part of it was fixed. I was able to play about 12-15 levels before the screen started switching back to windowed mode. In the comments section at ****, someone suggested using the Alt+Enter to switch the mode instead of going through the options. This worked for me, but I have to use Alt+Enter each time I start the game (at least it stays fulls screen until you exit the game.) I still have to exit and restart the game at levels 25 & 35. The game is playable with only a few irritating and annoying problems.

I guess **** is too busy with the new website page to bother with support. I use to like their website & support was always top notch. Now I do not like the new site & it's no longer optional to get the old site. There are no comments, no reviews, no screenshots, the colorful graphics have been replaced by gray, and support is at facebook & google+, but apparently no one's home.

Maybe the powers-that-be here at BFG can get some sort of answers from them.

My rant is now done!

MammawJo
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by MammawJo on Feb 18, 14 10:40 AM
I didn't realize we couldn't say the devs name in a post. I figured I couldn't post the exact website. Oh well, no biggie! Anyone who has played the game knows where it came from.

Go to: