Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Review for Demigods

[Post New]by Janette5 on Feb 17, 14 5:35 AM
This game makes this done-to-death-type games fun again. Like all the games in the genre you have to collect resources, fix stuff and build stuff.

This is what makes this one worthwhile:

It is fast paced enough not to get bored - at no stage was I just waiting for the workers to run around, there was always enough going on, enough to plan for and decisions to make on the next action.

You build alters to the gods and each alter gives you a different benefit, so you worship at the alter depending on what benefit you want. This is entirely up to you to decide. In addition these spells from the gods can be used to generate extra resources out of your buildings so that you don't have to wait for them to tick over. This is a really great and useful addition.

There are hidden pathways and obstacles so you have to click around - you run in tunnels and under stuff. There are also quite often more than one pathway so it is up to you which pathway to clear.

There are extras - collect the golden sheep for a bonus star, easier said than done, it requires strategy and pre-planning.

This game is all strategy and you have to decide carefully and choose wisely else you'll have to restart the level and make different choices. It is a fun challenge!

Edited on 02/17/2014 at 9:32:10 AM PST

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Re:Review for Demigods

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Feb 17, 14 9:30 AM
A total strategy game , but so much fun and good graphics with hilarious animations at times. Love the little soldiers at the gate with their ramrod.
Planning ahead is everything.
I like the addition of grabbing the golden sheep. Gotta be fast though, they disappear quickly
I had to buy right away.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Feb 17, 14 9:31 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the review Janette5

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Demigods here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Demigods.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgDeveron

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Feb 17, 14 11:43 AM
ETA: Thanks Janette for a brilliant review that I totally agree with.

I too REALLY like this game.

I don't know who the Devs are but it reminds me very much of " All my Gods" with the characters and voices, but that is where the similarity ends.

I am a few levels in in part 2. It can be a bit hectic, but it is more the eyes darting around than click click click (although there is a lot of clicking.

As said earlier by gryhndlvr, the story so far is really quite funny. I am not sure how close to the truth the story is but as the lady said, if we met Uranus we'd be sorry LOL.

This IS also a game of strategy.

It is one of those that you try and try to make gold & fail miserably & then do a different strategy and sail through with bags of time.

I did find the work area a bit busy. Some times the paths are "disguised" and by the time you have worked out what leeds there, it is best just to start again.

The wonderful Sipason has got a vid walkthrough up (Thank you) I have not used it yet but have confidence I will )

In her post on here she explains how "looping the bonus's" really helps your timing. It does.

I am not sure how long this game is & will edit to say at another time.

Very enjoyable. I just hope it isn't missed upon being a soft release..

Enjoy.

Edited on 02/17/2014 at 3:08:07 PM PST

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Feb 17, 14 11:53 PM
I enjoyed what little I played of the game and I probably am going ot buy this after I finish writing this, I just wanted to mention one thing:
If the people who made this game are for some reason reading the reviews and comments here, there is one problem that is *quite* big for me.

I am probably still going to buy it, but believe me when I tell you that this is huge. There is this god-awful shrill, sharp sound in the background. I don't know if I could describe it, but I imagine that its something like what a dog whistle feels like for canines??

Does anyone else know what i'm referring to? This sound bothers me a GREAT deal & of course I muted my whole computer, but I would much rather be able to enjoy the sound! I think this would be a total no-buy for me if not for the fact that

a. I feel obligated to support any & all non spooky/haunted hidden object games just to keep other genres alive and let them know that there ARE players out there who appreciate other stuff!!
b. I'm desperate for a TM game. (see A)

I cant stress enough just how annoying that sound is. Its like having a long, sharp beep scream in your ear and then even after it goes away, the sound still lingers for a bit. Its funny that there are 2 posts above me mentioning the developer because I want to ask who it is so I can actually contact them & beg for an update/patch! Because I do want to buy the game.

Edited on 02/17/2014 at 11:54:31 PM PST

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

Review for Demigods

[Post New]by Csustar on Feb 18, 14 6:06 AM
Janette5 wrote:This game makes this done-to-death-type games fun again. Like all the games in the genre you have to collect resources, fix stuff and build stuff.

It is fast paced enough not to get bored - at no stage was I just waiting for the workers to run around, there was always enough going on, enough to plan for and decisions to make on the next action.

You build alters to the gods and each alter gives you a different benefit, so you worship at the alter depending on what benefit you want. This is entirely up to you to decide. In addition these spells from the gods can be used to generate extra resources out of your buildings so that you don't have to wait for them to tick over. This is a really great and useful addition.

There are hidden pathways and obstacles so you have to click around - you run in tunnels and under stuff. There are also quite often more than one pathway so it is up to you which pathway to clear.

There are extras - collect the golden sheep for a bonus star, easier said than done, it requires strategy and pre-planning.

This game is all strategy and you have to decide carefully and choose wisely else you'll have to restart the level and make different choices. It is a fun challenge!

What she or he? said!!!! This is an amazing game. Love, love, love it. I was beginning to think that we were never gonna get a good quality TM/Strategy game again. Thank you, Thank you Big Fish for brining it to us.

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Feb 18, 14 7:46 AM
This is a great game. It may not have a story, but it is the most ingenious game I have played and it is a real challenge to get all the stars as you have to think the route out before you play each level. There is a little trick but I don't want to spoil it for anyone. It is, to me, a real fun game and I did finish with 3stars on Normal and am now trying on hard to get 4 stars all the way through. Well worth the money.

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

Review for Demigods

[Post New]by moesart on Feb 18, 14 8:52 AM
Janette5 wrote:This game makes this done-to-death-type games fun again. Like all the games in the genre you have to collect resources, fix stuff and build stuff.

Great review! I totally agree!

elizaew
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

[Post New]by elizaew on Feb 21, 14 8:23 PM
I have only played the first couple levels so far. Very easy of course, since these levels are just for teaching you how to play. But I had to pause and come here to say I absolutely LOVE the graphics! The Kraken was fab!

MsHamster
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by MsHamster on Feb 22, 14 10:30 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed the demo. Most likely will be picking this one up!

ryouger
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

No Ending?

[Post New]by ryouger on Feb 23, 14 9:46 AM
I really liked the game & bought so I could advance. Loved the fast pace, loved the stacking shrine bonuses, loved the sheep. Graphics were great.

But after I finished level 40, there is no actually end-screen, credits, or "Congratulations! You won (or finished or something!!).

The map just come back with all levels completed. Am I missing something?

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Review for Demigods

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 1, 14 7:32 AM
Just one comment on the art.

When you have somebody as awesomely muscular as Protus, it's more than a little disconcerting for him to have Disney-style doe eyes.

A little less so for his rival.

[Post New]by july55 on Mar 5, 14 8:27 AM
I also enjoyed this game and I just bought it but when I got to the fifth level I could not get anywhere because to get anywhere I had to have the pink stuff and there is no where to get them. There isn't enough to build the food building and you also need to have food to continue on. There is no walkthrough to get help. What can I do so I didn't waste my money on the game.

[Post New]by FIREFLY1 on Mar 7, 14 4:24 PM
I need help. Am loving the game but am a bit frustrated with the 5 golden sheep. I get them an get a green tick and then just before the end of the game I get a cross through them. What am I doing wrong. Should I leave them to last? are they timing out? thanks in advance.

[Post New]by JenRar on Mar 9, 14 11:34 AM
FIREFLY1 wrote:I need help. Am loving the game but am a bit frustrated with the 5 golden sheep. I get them an get a green tick and then just before the end of the game I get a cross through them. What am I doing wrong. Should I leave them to last? are they timing out? thanks in advance.

I love the game so far, but I'm having this same problem on level 5. Would love to hear any answers!

[Post New]by gramie13 on Mar 20, 14 3:00 PM
this game crashes at level 16 and level 24. restarted it in a new name only to have it crash again. I would like to know how to get past this>

Edited on 03/20/2014 at 3:06:07 PM PST

[Post New]by silverdove50 on Apr 6, 14 7:56 PM
Loved the complexities of this game Great fun too with the hilarious characters. Something different in a TM game. Turned the sound off though. And it could have had another 8 levels or so. Highly recommend it though.

Go to: