KittChaos
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

Midnight Castle Area Guide

[Post New]by KittChaos on Feb 17, 14 4:52 PM
Midnight Castle Area Guide

Notes -- I'm holding at level 14 because A -- I like the Iron Knight the way he is and don't want to transform him into a werewolf, and B -- I'm writing a Midnight Castle based story and need to be able to bop into game to fact check myself. So, I know the information isn't complete, but it might still be useful if a player is looking for a certain item, or general information about an area.

It should be evident, but there will be spoilers contained in this guide for new players.

A player 'finds' an item in a Hidden Object Scene by finding all the listed objects hidden in the scene. I hope the way I have this resource structured is self-explanatory and helpful. Please let me know if there are any questions. And, if anyone who's played to higher levels wishes to fill in the gaps, please send me a PM and I'll add to and refine the information. ^_~

All Non-Hidden Object Game Areas have several spots where phantom flowers appear briefly and then disappear. For every five flowers you collect (by clicking on them) you gain 10 gold pieces. Randomly, you may also gain a diamond instead.

NPC -- The Raven. Again, I've not gone past level 14, but I believe the Raven has been on the left side of the screen as a quest giver the entire game.

Castle vicinity

NPC -- none. There is a letter is next to the Broken carriage.

2 Hidden Object Scenes

Crypt -- Find one of the following: Torch, Murderer's eye, Eight pointed star, or Harpy's feather

Broken carriage -- Find one of the following: Winged amulet, Seal of courage, Runestone, or Chain of blood ties

3 Artifact Chests

Burnt tree -- Needs 1 Torch (Crypt) to open. Contains one of the following: Demon's eye, Noctule ring, or Silver arrow

Iron chest -- Needs 2 Murderer's eyes (Crypt) to open. Contains one of the following: Book of resignation, Golden watermark, or Pristine ruby

Road sign -- Needs 1 Styx charm (Belfry) and 1 Sign of steadfast faith (Broken well) to open. Contains one of the following: Bone whip, Stone of peace, Blind justice, or Steam tool

Point of Interest

The Airship tower is located on this map. Filling the airship and sending it on its way gives a reward. It is recommended to NOT pack any items until you have all of them; sending a partially filled airship does not give any reward and most likely results in the loss of the packed items.

This map connects to the Tavern and the Castle gates.

Tavern

NPC -- Inkeeper Warren "Salty" Took. There is a letter on the stool to the left of the bar.

2 Hidden Object Scenes

Gaming table -- Find one of the following: Devil's glove, Mournful fangus, Banner of loyalty, or Stranger's badge

Bar counter -- Find one of the following: Shackles of chaos, Insight ring, Rune of cruelty, or Universe foundation

3 Artifact Chests

Bear with armor -- Needs 2 Eight pointed stars (Crypt) and 1 Bear's fury (Fairy bas-relief) to open. Contains one of the following: Volume of fury, Spyglass, Banner of unicorn, or Ice beak

Drunken skeleton -- Needs 2 Raven's eye (Armor and banners) and 2 Mournful fangus (Gaming table) to open. Contains one of the following: Heavy seal of hops, Mandrake root, Tear of child, or Heavy brass cup

Monkey -- Needs 1 Ring of bloody eyes (Winter Garden), 1 Archistrategist's ring (Fire fountain), and 1 Insight Ring (Bar Counter) to open. Contains one of the following: Regal wreath, Call for adventures, Fire scepter, or Fangs and claws

Point of Interest

The Personal Table is located on this map. You may ante varying amounts of gold, matched by the opponent you choose, and throw dice three times. The higher number wins. A Deuce is called if there is a tie which behaves as if the throws never happened -- that is you do not lose your stake or your turn. If you wish to change your opponent after shooting dice the first or second time, there is a circular arrow symbol next to the opponent image that will take you back to the selection screen, so you may throw dice against one, two, or three opponents, or play all three times against the same opponent.

This map connects to the Castle vicinity.

Castle gates

NPC -- Anabel. There is a letter in front of Anabel on the ground.

2 Hidden Object Scenes

Broken well -- Find one of the following: Forged key, Shard of soul, or Sign of steadfast fate

Belfry -- Find one of the following: Sign of predator, Styx charm, Polestar, or Links of steel

3 Artifact Chests

Rock garden -- Needs 1 Forged key (Broken well) to open. Contains one of the following: Midnight rose, Nephrite fan, or Grave Blade

Prison cell -- Needs 1 Shard of soul (Broken well) to open. Contains one of the following: Rusty cage, Fibula of rage, John's wort, or Manticore's eye

Raven stone -- Needs 1 Seal of courage (Broken carriage) and 1 Sign of predator (Belfry) to open. Contains one of the following: Noctule's blood, Sphere of night, or Pedestal of wit

Point of Interest

The twin giant knights on either side of the castle gate salute if you click on them.

This map connects to the Castle vicinity and the Bailey.

Bailey

NPC -- Iron Knight. There is a letter on the wall to the right of the knight.

2 Hidden Object Scenes

Fairy bas-relief -- Find one of the following: Bear's fury, Seed of life, Black lily, or Life flower

Fire fountain -- Find one of the following: Ice crown, Archistrategist's ring, Soul harvest, or Vampire's palm

3 Artifact Chests

Astral lamp -- Needs 1 Winged amulet (Broken carriage) to open. Contains one of the following: Obsidian whirlwind, Demonic ring, or Dragon's fang

Stone gargoyle -- Needs 1 Runestone (Broken carriage) to open. Contains one of the following: Sun ember, Heart of moonlight, Carved scale, or Elephant's bone

Harp in blossoms -- Needs 2 Polestars (Belfry) and 1 Seed of life (Fairy bas-relief) to open. Contains one of the following: Valuable trophy, Dead mushroom, Fairy dust, or Hyena's chain

Points of Interest

The Fortune Wheel is located on this map. Once every 24 hours you may spin the wheel for free for a prize. After the first free spin, you may continue to spin starting at 100 gold and adding 100 gold to the cost of each subsequent spin. The only time spins after the first one do not cost any gold is if you hit the 'spin again' arrow on the wheel, or you hit the gold star. The spin right after a gold star result is free. Aside from purchasing with diamonds, the only way to 'find' a pet egg is if it shows up as a prize on the Fortune Wheel.

The secret keeper of the castle (according to the helpful Raven NPC) is located on this map. At level 14 there is no information about his purpose available.

This map connects to the Castle gates, the Throne hall, and the Ice rock.

Throne hall

NPC -- Lord Chancellor. There is a letter on the ground to the left of the Lord Chancellor.

1 Hidden Object Scene

Armor and banners -- Find one of the following: Mask of virtue, Raven's eye, Shield of order, or Cannonball

2 Artifact Chests

Dead ambassador -- Needs 2 Links of steel (Belfry) and 2 Black lillies (Fairy bas-relief) to open. Contains one of the following: Volume of blood, Stardust crystal, Medal of slaughter, or Voodoo doll

Flag -- Needs 2 Shield of order (Armor and banners) and 2 Banner of loyalty (Gaming table) to open. Contains one of the following: Royal stone, Roaring lion, or Charm of true feelings

Point of Interest

None revealed to a level 14 player yet.

This map connects to the Bailey, the Dungeon of the cursed, and the Forbidden tower.

Ice Rock

NPC -- 'Rustle' the Troll. There is a letter on the structure wall to the left of the gate of light.

2 Hidden Object Scenes

Winter garden -- Find one of the following: Ring of bloody eyes, Symbol of love, Live potion, or Celestial pendant

Frozen treasure -- Find one of the following: Horseman's seal, Sand of eternity, or Wreath of justice

2 Artifact Chests

Winter idol -- Needs 2 Masks of virtue (Armor and banners) and 2 Devil's glove (Gaming table) to open. Contains one of the following: Eye of hatred, Web of lies, Riveted disk, or Chimera's mask

Ice monster -- Needs 2 Shackles of chaos (Bar counter) and 2 Ice crowns (Fire fountain) to open. Contains one of the following: Rune of purity, Symbol of sacrifice, Triumphant wreath, or Beast's mark

Point of Interest

At level 14 a point of interest hasn't appeared on this map, but come on! There's a giant glow-filled archway! That has to be something!

This map connects to the Bailey.

Forbidden tower

NPC -- Wise Dragon. There is a letter next to the dragon on the left.

1 Hidden Object Scene

Mosaic stash -- Find one of the following: Blood greediness, Grasping handle, Immortal treasure, or Heaviness of sin

No Artifact Chests

None present at level 14

Point of Interest

The whole tower seems to be severely tilted -- and did you miss the honking great dragon?!

This map connects to the Throne hall.

Dungeon of the cursed

NPC -- Valeria. There is a letter located on a disturbing apparatus on the lower right side of the screen.

1 Hidden Object Scene

Skulls -- Find one of the following: Poisonous stinger, Stone of wild nature, Griffin's symbol, or Blood-red moon

2 Artifact Chests

Stone chaps -- Needs 1 Symbol of love (Winter garden), 1 Rune of Cruelty (Bar counter), and 1 Soul harvest (Fire fountain) to open. Contains one of the following: Cuirass of flame, Stamp of pain, Symbol of abyss, or Black widow

Carnivorous lily -- Needs 1 Poisonous stinger (Skulls), 1 Horseman's seal (Frozen treasure), and 2 Live potions (Winter garden) to open. Contains one of the following: Lucky clover, Succubus wing, Battle horn, or NIght orchid

Point of Interest

It's a creepy dungeon. I'm sure there are *lots* of interesting things, but I'm not the one to take a closer look, m'kay?

This map connects to the Throne hall.

Edited on 06/11/2014 at 3:25:11 PM PST

Sizzy
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

Re:Midnight Castle Area Guide

[Post New]by Sizzy on Feb 17, 14 8:21 PM
Great info! Thanks

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Feb 18, 14 12:16 AM
OK

Edited on 03/07/2014 at 9:51:34 PM PST

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on Feb 18, 14 1:34 AM
Thanks Kitt,

Clear described. Keep on the good work.

BFG, stickie please!

NyneZ
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by NyneZ on Feb 18, 14 9:19 AM
Great job laying out the area and where to find things, a useful tool.

Thanx Alot

NyneZ

ku4o
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by ku4o on Feb 18, 14 9:44 AM
Great work, KittChaos Now you have to request and pay by Big Fish!
After asking the players to buy diamonds and coins for real money play on the ground, so that pay developers, who create games a and so make a profit, then your work must also be paid by Big Fish with real money!
You create a piece of work that you put into this creation, to be paid in real dollars!

Edited on 02/18/2014 at 9:45:58 AM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Feb 18, 14 2:15 PM
This is some great information KittChaos! It looks like you did a lot of research and playing to get all that information. This will be a fantastic resource for many players, so I'm going to 'sticky' this thread.

Great job and feel free to keep it going!

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by kvanos on Mar 15, 14 3:31 PM
I have just started this game. How do I use all of the items I have collected in my inventory to craft?

[Post New]by cathiecaffey on Apr 30, 14 9:29 PM
Is there some sort of visual map (layout) to see where everything is? I only find the map where it has the castle (and other locked places on it). (At first I couldn't find the Bailey to find the Fortune Wheel to do daily. But found it under tips and tricks, like a walk-through map!

This info is fab! And the game awesome! I'm hooked!

Thanks.

Cathie

Edited on 05/01/2014 at 12:37:20 AM PST

Urania66
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Urania66 on Jun 2, 14 4:07 AM
Great job, KittChaos! I admire the system you managed to establish.

Because I was thinking for weeks now how this layout would be useful for the players (especially since we can not see the names and the items HOS bare and have when closed, you need to wait till HOS is ready to be played to click the info ("I" button) and see the items it can bring. HOS name can be seen only when you've done the HOS and before you close it.). But I never tried to make it because it eluded me how to organize the data. I am impressed with the structure you found!

I am on the level 27, waiting for the new update and nothing better to do but to send you the rest of the rooms and places as you suggested to be published.

Your Hat Lady

drew248
Clownfish
Clownfish
870 Posts

[Post New]by drew248 on Jun 7, 14 5:26 AM
in the Bar Food area of the Inn/Tavern the Mouse wiggles Ears and Gnome Bobble Heads when clicked

The secret keeper of the castle (according to the helpful Raven
to the right of Arch way --The Raven is now --updated in march--Prof Pinfeathers

The Raven. Again, I've not gone past level 14, but I believe the Raven has been on the left side of the screen as a quest giver the entire game.

yes--and continues--Winter Garden--if you watch long enough the Ermine's Ears wiggle

Edited on 06/07/2014 at 5:50:07 AM PST

[Post New]by luckiekat on Jun 12, 14 3:54 PM
Has anyone found how to get into the Clubs and Global Events? I saw it in the walk through, but it doesn't tell you how to access it.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jun 12, 14 3:55 PM
The thinking is those items will be available with the next update, date still to be announced.

medusa2468
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by medusa2468 on Jun 30, 14 7:22 AM
This Area Guide is SO HELPFUL, that while I'm not past level 14 yet, I wanted to see if anyone is working on adding to it for higher levels. I saw that Urania66 mentioned adding to it, but just wanted to follow-up because I didn't see it yet.

Thanks KittChaos for creating this! Really, REALLY has helped me.

KittChaos
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by KittChaos on Jun 30, 14 8:08 AM
Hi, Medusa,

I'm so glad the guide (limited as it is) is useful. ^_^

I'm about to start playing for experience again (I deliberately held at this level until I finished writing Ferrous Moon -- as I didn't want to get discouraged once a certain event happens <--- avoiding a spoiler for low level players and stop writing the story altogether), so I will be adding more information to the guide once I gather it.

Also, it's not quite ready, I still have a lot of work to do on it, but...

http://midnight-castle.wikia.com/wiki/Midnight_Castle_Wiki

Once I have the basic structure set, I would like to ask players here to become contributors, as well. I'm guessing that duplicating the Area Guide (with pictures, even!) would be a good section to add to the Midnight Castle Wiki?

~Kitt Chaos

[Post New]by Portiacait on Aug 9, 14 9:10 AM
How do I get the Seal of Courage? I'm at Level 9 & have over 3000 gold pieces, but when I go to the broken carriage it does not give me the required element.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 9, 14 9:25 AM
Portiacait wrote:How do I get the Seal of Courage? I'm at Level 9 & have over 3000 gold pieces, but when I go to the broken carriage it does not give me the required element.

Three things you could do:

1. Keep trying the Broken Carriage it will eventually give it to you.

2. Put it on your wish list so that a friend may gift it to you. or

3. Go to the Ravenstone (on the ground next to the well). Click the purple icon above the Image of the Seal of Courage to buy it for three diamonds. Do not open the Ravenstone, just back out. The Seal of Courage should now be in your inventory and you can use it on the lock as long as you also have the required coins.

You also may want to check out the "Midnight Castle Strategy Guide". Look under the locked yellow sticky on the front page of this forum titled "Helpful Links for Midnight Castle". You also find a lot of other usefull links in there as well.

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Aug 9, 14 9:28 AM
Portiacait, you can buy a Seal of Courage from the Ravenstone located in front of Anabel (blond woman). Just click on the Ravenstone then on the diamonds above the Seal. Then leave and go to the lock to the left of the Lord Chamberlain (old guy). Click on the Lock then on the Blue Check Mark to open the Tower.

If you are out of diamonds you can also put the Seal on your wishlist and hope that a friend has one to spare. You can find a link to friend codes under the "Helpful links for Midnight Castle" thread.

Good Luck.

[Post New]by melissa196303 on Aug 22, 14 11:39 AM
I've been trying to get to the ice rock to talk with mountian troll rustle but unable too tell me what i need to do

[Post New]by lota1079 on Nov 10, 14 10:38 PM
Great guide. But I would really lime some info on the inventory.
I am new to the game, so far I really like it. I am just confused about how to use items in my inventory. How do I take items out, say to craft or gift or feed my pet, etc. Please someone explain. Thanks.

Go to: