Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Going To Have A Normal Version?

[Post New]by Yaelle on Feb 18, 14 12:48 AM
I saw this game and I jumped up a little bit! I clicked, went to its page and "Ah heck!" or something like that... LOL when I noticed that its F2P.

Noooooo!!! I haven't tried one of those yet from here, but I know a lot about them & have tried the F2P model elsewhere & its....no.

Does anyone know if there is some sort of way to know about or tell how if where when how why a game will be released into the normal, downloadable format? I figure this works the same as why I decided to buy a house & stop renting: eventually, if I live long enough, this house will belong to me. With a landlord, I'd be paying again & again & again & again but would never see anything in the end.
(Besides, who wouldn't want the luxury of having to pay for plumbers & electricians all the time? )

I want this game so badly!!! But I shall never play it as a Free To Play.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

Re:Going To Have A Normal Version?

[Post New]by phatkhat on Feb 18, 14 1:08 AM
I hear ya. I saw this, and then, what??? ANOTHER F2P so soon? Nope. Not even gonna try it.

janedoe20
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by janedoe20 on Feb 18, 14 1:45 AM
Me neither. F2P after F2P - what happened to the pledge that we would only get F2P games on occasion?

[Post New]by skippett on Feb 18, 14 2:12 AM
I agree! Yesterday's game was also a F2P. There have been so many, I have found myself going back & visiting my prior game buying site (that I was so happy to leave because BFG had such a better, more current & constantly updated selection. The old monthly membership is looking tempting. I don't care how many F2p games you post (I have even tried some, but lose interest fairly quickly), but please don't lose sight of what has made you the best casual gaming site on the web!

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Feb 18, 14 3:21 AM
janedoe20 wrote:Me neither. F2P after F2P - what happened to the pledge that we would only get F2P games on occasion?

I guess that pledge went the same way as the one that said F2P games would not be TGT, to the bottom of the Pond!

seems to have developed a short memory!

BK

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Feb 18, 14 4:51 AM
Janedoe20

Be on the lookout then,cause according to the pond BF has at least 2 more FTP
games coming out (Fishao and a poker game)

I myself won't even bother to download because it's just another way of getting more money.

BearKat, they shouldn't be posted as TGT.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Feb 18, 14 6:50 AM
There is NOTHING free about FREE TO PLAY GAMES and I am sooooo very tired of these!

I have to agree with some other posts I've seen. The main page reviews are based on good memories of Archie comic books as a child not on the actual game. I have those same memories but.....

We pay BF monthly and buy games to own. With F2P we pay monthly and then pay and pay and pay and pay...... Somethings so wrong about that!

chiniakbay
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by chiniakbay on Feb 18, 14 7:03 AM
"Free" to play ? Really ? I won't even try. You end up spending more than a regular game. Bummer.

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Feb 18, 14 8:31 AM
While I agree this should not be listed as TGT I don't think it is a bad game.

I have been playing about 8 different free to play games for months and have only spent real money on one of them and that was for about the price of a CE.

I have actually spent less money this year so far than last year because I am playing so many free to play games.

I do agree there seems to be a bit too many coming out so quickly but that is the market right now and for each one that is successful there will more showing up.

I have a short attention span so these games are just right for me as I can play a few minutes on each game and still end up on the computer for hours without getting bored.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Feb 18, 14 11:22 AM
I doubt if they will come out with a "normal" version. Wish they would! I would love to play a game about Archie and the crew!!

As it is, I will never play these so called Free games. Don't like em, won't play em!

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Feb 18, 14 12:05 PM
I was so excited to see this today, thought maybe a TM....then found out it was another "Free" to Play game. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow will be a normal game?

palegoldfish
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by palegoldfish on Feb 18, 14 3:04 PM
BFG is doing the same thing with the FTP games as they did with the Collector's Edition of games. They start out appearing occasionally and then they become the norm and you have to wait for the standard edition, or in the case of FTP, the pc version.

Edited on 04/02/2014 at 2:56:10 PM PST

sitesoweb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by sitesoweb on Mar 3, 14 10:24 AM
I have tried pretty much all the FTP games. I don't spend money. The only reason you would ever have to spend money is if you are in a hurry. You can play the games perfectly well without spending a dime. I actually have spent less money at BF overall then before due to the FTP games. They are continuous so I'm not looking for a game every few days. Also, well I play for free.

[Post New]by OMGr8573 on Mar 3, 14 1:21 PM
Sorry to say but this is the "normal version". It started out some time ago as a iOS game and now it's been ported to PC.

Go to: