A thread for your technical problems!

Edited on 02/19/2014 at 7:19:36 AM PST

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Mystery Expedition: Prisoners of Ice here

[Post New]by Robilyn on Feb 19, 14 1:08 AM
Well another game that doesn't work. After I give the captain the injection the screen starts flashing the pointer takes on a life of it's own.I had to shut down my computer to get out of the game. This is like the 5th game this month that doesn't work. Oh well I am saving money.

sandyterryb
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by sandyterryb on Feb 19, 14 1:13 AM
Game froze on me when I tried leaving the cabin. Had to shut down my computer to get out also.

[Post New]by rioracer314 on Feb 19, 14 2:04 AM
same as above--game freezes after injecting the captain-- at first I thought it must've been released by some shoddy fly-by-night company, but went back and checked--it's produced by BIGFISH.. -how could you release a game without making sure that it doesn't have major glitches like this?

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Feb 19, 14 2:12 AM
I cant go any further either after I helped the captain, oh well another glitch I was enjoying the game seem like a keeper..

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Feb 19, 14 2:28 AM
So sorry that you have problems. The game works fine for me. It's strange that some of us have troubles with games.

Annemotherof3
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Annemotherof3 on Feb 19, 14 3:03 AM
It doesn't seem to want me have the cork in the HO game, I had trouble getting the lighter in a previous HO scene and had to keep clicking, I have clicked all over but still can't get the cork. I was going to buy game but am having second thoughts now.

Edited on 02/19/2014 at 3:04:33 AM PST

Annemotherof3
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Annemotherof3 on Feb 19, 14 3:07 AM
Huh went back into game to give it another try and it let me have the cork straight away.

Agnes_2810
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by Agnes_2810 on Feb 19, 14 3:53 AM
Now you are a lucky Annemotherof3and1cork

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

[Post New]by leacraw on Feb 19, 14 4:26 AM
'Tracer' stars popping up after I tried the grappling hook to exit up out of ice cave. So many games lately that have tech issues for me. My computer is up to date. I'm running Windows 8. The only thing new is using Avast antivirus. Anyone else have trouble with it?

[Post New]by Jade1953 on Feb 19, 14 5:03 AM
After being thrown into the chasm, the game began to have problems. It started having "snow" and the cursor began to "echo" by continuously flowing like a special effect. I was able to go to the igloo, but, when I tried to play again, the same thing happened. It also flashed as if trying to continue, but, was unable to do so. Up until then, I enjoyed playing. I have not had trouble like this before. I am using Windows 8.

asenski
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by asenski on Feb 19, 14 5:08 AM
leacraw wrote:' Anyone else have trouble with it?

I can't even get the game to open. I click to start, but nothing happens. When I click again, I get the window stating, that another game is currently running. This is not the first time this is happening to me. Lately I am having quiet a few problems with the games to either download or start,

[Post New]by NancySusan on Feb 19, 14 5:41 AM
This game didn't size properly on my computer. It actually came up as a moderately large window on my desktop, as if it were a regular file, but with picture and sound. I couldn't click on picture size on the upper right of the "file." The size of the window left a lot of my desktop visible around it and the BFG manager didn't close. After I gave myself a name, I checked options, and neither widescreen nor fullscreen were checked, so I checked widescreen which elongated the picture some, then checked fullscreen, which bizarrely caused the picture to disappear while the sound kept on playing. An icon for the game showed up down in the toolbar, flashed off and on a couple of times, then I was able to click on it and it went back to the original moderately sized window. I checked widescreen in options again, and again it elongated some, but after that I just got out of the game and deleted. I have an HP Envy desktop running Windows 8, with a 23" widescreen and the recommended setting for resolution, which I don't fool around with. I'm certainly not going to check out the game any further, unless I hear something has changed. Too bad -- it looked like it might have been an interesting game.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Feb 19, 14 5:48 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:So sorry that you have problems. The game works fine for me. It's strange that some of us have troubles with games.

Ditto what dobbie said. I am sorry too. I am running Windows 8 64 bit and use Kaspersky Anit-virus. I didn't have a bit of problems so far. I have to agree it is strange that some of us do and some don't. Hope you all get it rendered so you can play. Maybe try the old trick uninstall and re-install and change the profile name?

[Post New]by sweet4grease on Feb 19, 14 6:49 AM
Jade1953 wrote:After being thrown into the chasm, the game began to have problems. It started having "snow" and the cursor began to "echo" by continuously flowing like a special effect. I was able to go to the igloo, but, when I tried to play again, the same thing happened. It also flashed as if trying to continue, but, was unable to do so. Up until then, I enjoyed playing. I have not had trouble like this before. I am using Windows 8.

Same here, snow covering the screen and cursor echoing to the point I can't do anything with it. Another disappointment from Big Fish. I switched to the system cursor and got the same result, snow is covering the screen and the cursor is unresponsive except to cover the screen.

Edited on 02/19/2014 at 6:54:24 AM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Feb 19, 14 7:18 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 02/19/2014 at 7:19:10 AM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Feb 19, 14 8:14 AM
Same problem here. After giving the captain the injection, the screen flashes and freezes over with ice and the cursor runs amok and I cannot do a thing. Went out and came back in and the same thing happened. I had enjoyed the game up to that point.

moglassie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by moglassie on Feb 19, 14 8:24 AM
I am having many of the same problems that all the other fishies have talked about on this thread.
Screen freezing with the tracker arrows was the worst for me so far. I had to completely back out of the game and try again to unfreeze the screen. Many cursor freezes on each screen and fussing with the screens made for a really short demo. It might be fun if all of the problems are fixed.

mlc9
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mlc9 on Feb 19, 14 8:29 AM
After talking with the captain the game no longer runs. The ship keeps flashing off and on. Another bad game!

MamaTraci
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by MamaTraci on Feb 19, 14 9:02 AM
Seems like alot of people are having the same issue I am. I gave the captain the injection was hit over the head tossed in the ravine then the screen started to snow over and the pointer left trails and I was unable to contiune. I was able to click on menu and close the game I uninstalled and reinstalled and had the same issue. I am also running windows 8

Go to: