mechanic

mechanic

[Post New]by madragonlady on Feb 19, 14 10:36 AM
I have the key but it won't let me use it the hints tell me to click on the mechanic and then it says there is nothing to do, what do I do next?

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

Re:mechanic

[Post New]by didersham on Feb 19, 14 3:13 PM
I know you need the mechanic to fix the generator In the cave. Do you have a bunch of keys or just one? You need to put the key in the clamp. And then you need to find the broken key to put next to it to make a new key to take the hand cuffs off the mechanic, so he can fix the generator.

LynneHS56
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by LynneHS56 on Feb 20, 14 4:15 PM
I've made the key, wont let you go back to clamp to make another one but clicking key on mechanic wont work - any help please?

babe09
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by babe09 on Feb 20, 14 5:57 PM
Same here.. I have made the key, and the mechanic sets waiting for me to unlock his shackles. Doesn't look like I am going to be able to do that until the poor man freezes to death, or we get another update! LOL.

I have backed out, and come back in, and will now delete and reinstall the game to see if that helps.

[Post New]by jeaniewallace1 on Feb 21, 14 5:22 AM
going bananas trying to free mechanic, please help, I have the key but the game keeps telling me there is noting to do here when I try to open the locks on the chains, this is very frustrating. Please help me.

[Post New]by sugartoes43 on Feb 21, 14 12:29 PM
I have the same issue as I see a lot of us do. Has anyone found the solution
?

puzi
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by puzi on Feb 21, 14 2:08 PM
Hi there, it seems that there is a bug with the mechanic in the game. Is anyone from Big fish support can help?

algal0181
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by algal0181 on Feb 21, 14 4:50 PM
I had to uninstall and reinstall the game 4 times for it to allow me to get past this point. There is an update to help. Just keep at it. You will have to most likely switch profiles and start over, I did.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Feb 21, 14 6:03 PM
What worked for me was to zoom in on the mechanic and then give him the key.

Edited on 02/21/2014 at 6:06:29 PM PST

[Post New]by prb1970 on Feb 22, 14 3:33 PM
not going to bother with it. uninstall then delete the game.

mandeemae
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by mandeemae on Feb 23, 14 10:48 AM
I too am having problems with the mechanic. The key just won't work.
Any solutions? I just bought the game yesterday Feb 22 so I guess there is not a fix yet?? This is frustrating. Any help would be appreciated

[Post New]by Viv2012 on Feb 26, 14 1:58 AM
I too have done the key and it will not let me unlock the mechanic. Seen a walk through on utube video and I just cannot do as it says and give him the key.
What to do nexr?

[Post New]by mitch04 on Mar 5, 14 2:05 PM
Good news I have managed to crack the problem with the key. Unfortunately it means starting the game again, but its appears to be the only way around the problem. You need to go to the profile section at the start of the game and put in a different profile name. I did and I have been able to free the mechanic. Good luck!

[Post New]by jeaniewallace1 on Mar 8, 14 5:39 PM
It has been over two weeks since I complained of not being able to unlock the chains on the mechanic with no response - please refund my money to my account and notify me of such, thank you

Mazou884
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Mazou884 on Mar 8, 14 7:33 PM
mitch04 wrote:Good news I have managed to crack the problem with the key. Unfortunately it means starting the game again, but its appears to be the only way around the problem. You need to go to the profile section at the start of the game and put in a different profile name. I did and I have been able to free the mechanic. Good luck!

THIS WORKED for me! Thank you Mitch04. It's a good game, I'm happy to keep it.

Edited on 03/08/2014 at 7:35:10 PM PST

[Post New]by jeaniewallace1 on Mar 9, 14 4:45 AM
START A NEW GAME - CHANGE PROFILE, when you reach the area where the mehanic is go to the long tub on the left side of this scene, move items in tub retrieve token, go back to cave, place token on elevator door, play puzzle, when door opens take the weight, keys and coins, go back to mechanic area, place weight with other weights by the door complete puzzle,, go back inside check cabinet on left, go outside place keys in vice, go inside building behind mechanic, place triangular key on generator, retrieve token - go inside building behind mechanic, place token in cabinet on left, complete puzzle, take the BROKEN KEY go outside, place BROKE key in vice, beside regular key, use the RASP (in inventory) to make new key, give key to mechanic and he is free at last

mainegamer
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by mainegamer on Mar 25, 14 12:49 PM
mitch04 wrote:Good news I have managed to crack the problem with the key. Unfortunately it means starting the game again, but its appears to be the only way around the problem. You need to go to the profile section at the start of the game and put in a different profile name. I did and I have been able to free the mechanic. Good luck![/q

So, I created the new profile, got to the place where I made the key and attempted to unlock the shackles and...... it not only didn't unlock them, it disappeared from my inventory! This is crazy. Much as I hate to do it, guess I'm going to have to uninstall it and try again. Bother.

[Post New]by jayhawkme on Mar 27, 14 4:02 PM
I have the same issue. Not sure at this point if I want to start the game over though.

[Post New]by justhandleit on Apr 25, 14 7:44 PM
I have the same problem as everyone else except in my case, I clicked the key on the mechanic, it took the key but the man is still chained. So the solution is to start entirely over again. Not a happy camper here.

[Post New]by AndySP1 on May 21, 14 10:18 AM
justhandleit wrote: Not a happy camper here.

Same thing just happened to me and I'm not a happy camper either!!

Go to: