mrlcool1949
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

sending email

[Post New]by mrlcool1949 on Feb 19, 14 5:43 PM
can someone please tell me how to set up an email client for the game it says I need to set up a default client in windows this is in the task so I can get the 2 gold coins

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

Re:sending email

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Feb 20, 14 11:10 PM
You can't. It's a cruel joke.

LunyKimberly
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by LunyKimberly on Feb 21, 14 6:17 AM
Email clients are programs that let you send, receive and read emails on your computer. You can have multiple email accounts set up in one program - saving you from constantly visiting multiple websites to read all your email. Some of the more common ones include: Mozilla Thunderbird (free), Windows Live Mail (free), Microsoft Outlook Express (free but mostly only on WinXP or possible Windows Vista systems), and Microsoft Outlook (the costly version that's part of the MS Office suit). There's plenty of others depending on your operating system but these are just some.

The problem with the game is that it doesn't always recognize that you've got an email client on your computer - or it only recognizes it for some quests. Some can't get the game to recognize the email client at all, some can send pictures (to complete the "Share a picture" quest) but can't get it to recognize their email client for the "Invite Friend" quest. Some have multiple email accounts and/or clients on their computer and have been able to make another account/client their default and been able to get the quests to work that way but others have tried the exact same thing and not had it work.

If you use a program other than your web browser to read/send your email you've got a default client on your computer already - the game just isn't recognizing it. Unfortunately, the only thing you can really do in that case is to ignore those quests and hope for an update that fixes things.

If you want to read through some of the results others have tried, there's a full thread that deals with some of the headaches people have had here: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/264707.page

mrlcool1949
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by mrlcool1949 on Feb 21, 14 10:10 AM
am I able to request friends for this game so I can set them up as an email client

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Feb 21, 14 10:16 PM
No. You need to have an email client to invite friends.
There is no internal email or friends list as in other games.
The post immediately above yours (by LunyKimberly) describes in detail what is needed, and why (as I said before that) the whole quest is a cruel joke, as the game does not see to recognize actual email clients.
(As LunyKimberly explained, an email client is nto a person, it's a software application.)
Try the suggestions she made. Good luck.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Feb 22, 14 7:37 PM
Since this doesn't work, we should get the coins credited to us anyway. It's not like we haven't honestly tried to do those tasks.

SnowBunnyB16
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,493 Posts

[Post New]by SnowBunnyB16 on Feb 22, 14 9:41 PM
It worked for me. I have aol

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Mar 2, 14 9:14 AM
So, is this game just a shill for AOHell?

[Post New]by thequeen624 on Jul 3, 14 8:01 AM
Having same problem too and after reading all of your input and when it was requested it appears to me that we are not going to get an update to the game to fix the problem.

I guess when everyone stops playing it then maybe it will get their attention.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Jul 7, 14 6:48 PM
thequeen624 wrote:Having same problem too and after reading all of your input and when it was requested it appears to me that we are not going to get an update to the game to fix the problem.

I guess when everyone stops playing it then maybe it will get their attention.

Doubtful, they have already shelved this game and are probably on to the next FTP game. No updates, and none in the works. I liked this game, so sad

Go to: