Post your TECH ISSUES for Danse Macabre: The Last Adagio Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Feb 20, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your technical problems!

Edited on 02/20/2014 at 10:08:30 AM PST

devonview
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Danse Macabre: The Last Adagio Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by devonview on Feb 20, 14 2:00 AM
This game took an exceptionally long time to download the trial version (over an hour) whereas usually 15-20 minutes I usually consider to be much slower than average.
Then when I went to open it to play for the first time, I got TRIAL EXPIRED.
From previous experience I have never not gone on the get a full version, but it was a bit disappointing not to have even had a peek at the game. I am now downloading the full version, so hope that I won't be disappointed

RedPoppies
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Danse Macabre: The Last Adagio Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by RedPoppies on Feb 20, 14 2:26 AM
I'm not usually one to complain too quickly, but I've noticed that some of the objects in the hidden-object games are in the wrong place. The hint goes to the area as shown in the strategy guide, but you have to search to find the object elsewhere in the scene. Not a major thing - but I've found this happens with this developers games. Otherwise a worthwhile addition to my collection.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Feb 20, 14 2:35 AM
devonview wrote:This game took an exceptionally long time to download the trial version (over an hour) whereas usually 15-20 minutes I usually consider to be much slower than average.
Then when I went to open it to play for the first time, I got TRIAL EXPIRED.
From previous experience I have never not gone on the get a full version, but it was a bit disappointing not to have even had a peek at the game. I am now downloading the full version, so hope that I won't be disappointed

A false Trial Expired is often caused by a glitch in the download.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the game can sometimes correct this problem!

Hope this helps!

BK

[Post New]by wandawales on Feb 20, 14 4:17 AM
When I tried to run the game in a window the options menu wouldnt let me as it said the resolution is too low - I'm running at 1920 x 1080 at 32bit. Any way I can alter this? I am on a 24" monitor with 1920 x 1080 native resolution.

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Feb 20, 14 7:37 AM
I cant play with high resolution in this game. I have the newest driver and all other games play in high resolution. I don't have a widescreen my screenresolution is 1280x1024.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Feb 20, 14 9:00 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by clunce3 on Feb 20, 14 11:26 AM
Hi,
I have the flute and cannot give it to Pierre, so the game is stopped. What can I do? I am on a Windows 7 desktop.

Edited on 02/20/2014 at 11:28:27 AM PST

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Feb 20, 14 5:54 PM
one little blip the developers might want to know about.. You've finished this great game, did the bonus, bouquet is all perfec..then i went to souveners...i love this when you go back into the game and find more stuff..the bug is..at the end of finding things..your back in the filled souvener room and no way to back out without ct/at/de; and out. so, i cant go back to the extras and check out the music and how they made it..fun stuff. there isnt any way if your in the souvenerr room.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 20, 14 11:09 PM
kris_cross48 wrote:.the bug is..at the end of finding things..your back in the filled souvener room and no way to back out without ct/at/de; and out. so, i cant go back to the extras and check out the music and how they made it..fun stuff. there isnt any way if your in the souvenerr room.
Hi kris! In my game I have an "X" in the upper right hand corner of my screen when in the souvenir room. Is your game missing this?

_misschrissi_
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by _misschrissi_ on Feb 23, 14 2:36 PM
kris_cross48 wrote:one little blip the developers might want to know about.. You've finished this great game, did the bonus, bouquet is all perfec..then i went to souveners...i love this when you go back into the game and find more stuff..the bug is..at the end of finding things..your back in the filled souvener room and no way to back out without ct/at/de; and out. so, i cant go back to the extras and check out the music and how they made it..fun stuff. there isnt any way if your in the souvenerr room.

Same thing happened to me! Wiljul, there was no button to exit the scene ANYWHERE - I clicked and clicked and clicked all round the corners and down the sides, wondering if maybe the 'X' button was just out of sight, but nope. I had to ctrl/alt/del and use Task Manager to escape the Souvenir Room

[Post New]by OhVisibleFig on Feb 23, 14 6:53 PM
The gate puzzle has a glitch of some sort. At one point I had a floating button--twice, actually. I had green and red in place correctly. A solid button was in the gold position and nothing I did could move it. I wanted to continue with the demo, so after 15 minutes messing with the gate puzzle, I opted to skip. Perhaps it just needs a reset option (or reset automatically if you close the puzzle).

[Post New]by MadameGamer on Feb 23, 14 7:03 PM
This game is taking an average of 45 seconds to load screens between rooms where I'm left staring at a black screen very frustrating, ruins game play. Anyone else having this issue?

[Post New]by clearlakeruby on Feb 23, 14 8:34 PM
The game is telling me I need a security key to play. Is anyone else getting this message?

"This program requires a security key. If you have one, select OK to enter it. After entering a valid key, you will not be prompted again."

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and I am still getting this message.

[Post New]by undrgrndgirl on Feb 28, 14 6:14 PM
OhVisibleFig wrote:The gate puzzle has a glitch of some sort. At one point I had a floating button--twice, actually. I had green and red in place correctly. A solid button was in the gold position and nothing I did could move it. I wanted to continue with the demo, so after 15 minutes messing with the gate puzzle, I opted to skip. Perhaps it just needs a reset option (or reset automatically if you close the puzzle).

i'm having the same problem...and it's the FIRST PUZZLE in the game. (ugh. big fish. really getting fed up with the glitchy untested games you've been releasing over the last year.) i exited and reentered the game, but even the the puzzle does not reset. really don't like to skip. a reset is always appreciated.

[Post New]by undrgrndgirl on Feb 28, 14 6:18 PM
same gate puzzle, the red disk is now stuck at the edge between the part that circles around and the locks...serioulsy? three glitches in one puzzle?

tblair
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by tblair on Mar 2, 14 11:06 AM
well another game that bites the dust to be able to play

[Post New]by matkasouza on Apr 2, 14 1:59 AM
_misschrissi_ wrote:
kris_cross48 wrote:one little blip the developers might want to know about.. You've finished this great game, did the bonus, bouquet is all perfec..then i went to souveners...i love this when you go back into the game and find more stuff..the bug is..at the end of finding things..your back in the filled souvener room and no way to back out without ct/at/de; and out. so, i cant go back to the extras and check out the music and how they made it..fun stuff. there isnt any way if your in the souvenerr room.

Add me to the list of people stuck in the souvenir room. I tried multiple times, but always got the same result. I never got the "X" or any of the other indicators used to guide you from one room to another. Other than that, I really enjoyed the game.

Go to: