crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

PARENTS BEWARE

[Post New]by crispypot on Feb 20, 14 6:33 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned but to anyone who lets there children play this game, it has quite a bit of rather BAD language in it, just thought children or most people shouldn`t have to read those sort of words !!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:PARENTS BEWARE

[Post New]by peglegann on Feb 20, 14 10:50 AM
Bless you twinsoniclab for the warning.
I would be surprised if any "young" children would be playing this. I have not had the chance to try this game and I am not a fan of bad language.
Have fun

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Feb 20, 14 1:07 PM
It's true, one of the characters called the other a "big poopy pants". It was horrifying.

troischats
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by troischats on Feb 20, 14 2:34 PM
snapnhiss wrote:It's true, one of the characters called the other a "big poopy pants". It was horrifying.

LOL!

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Feb 20, 14 5:38 PM
thanks for the flag up on this - did notice prisoner and others called certain people bl**dy B*S*a*dS
NOT needed in games at ALL
And putting a COULERED guy in shackles _ JUST NOT ON _JUST BAD MOVE -AND GET A LIFE DEVS
WE ARE ALL EQUAL _DONT MAKE THEM OUT TO BE LOW LIFE - THEY ARE NOT -PUT A WHITE GUY IN AS WELL
GLAD I GOT HIM OUT OF CHAINS - SHAME ABOUT! - AND DONT WANT TO REVEAL WHAT HAPPENS
BUT GOOD GAME -EVEN THOUGH SOME OF THE ETHICS ARE

bansama
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by bansama on Feb 20, 14 7:59 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:I think "bloody" is a lot worse language to those in Great Britain (correct me if I'm wrong )

Then allow me to correct you =) It's as low on the profanity scale as you can get. In fact, where Americans tend to say "Oh my God", we Brits will more than likely say "Bloody Hell" with the same implied meaning.

Edited on 02/20/2014 at 8:00:14 PM PST

yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on Feb 20, 14 9:31 PM
what bothered me more (in a different game) there was killed an elephant...

why did the devs to that?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 20, 14 11:57 PM
snapnhiss wrote:It's true, one of the characters called the other a "big poopy pants". It was horrifying.

LOL Thanks for the laugh, Snaps. I needed that. *wipes tears from her eyes*

--- --- ---

bansama wrote:
twinsoniclab wrote:I think "bloody" is a lot worse language to those in Great Britain (correct me if I'm wrong )

Then allow me to correct you =) It's as low on the profanity scale as you can get. In fact, where Americans tend to say "Oh my God", we Brits will more than likely say "Bloody Hell" with the same implied meaning.

Yup... that's true. Although I usually go with the softer choice of "bleeding heck". LOL

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Feb 21, 14 1:28 AM
Just to say, the words didnt really offend me or wouldnt stop me buying the games, its just sometimes kids do play these games, even older people ( my father in law would find it very offensive, he`s of the older generation )

I have 10 yr old nieces who like to play the games with me & i would hate to have to take them home & explain to there mum why a tied up black man was calling people bl**dy b **** ds !!!! I`m no prude but it shocked me a bit.

While " big poopy pants " may be funny, for some the other isn`t there is enough smutt in the real world, just maybe not needed in games too.after all thats what it is ... a game
sorry, was just a heads up for some people

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Feb 25, 14 4:43 PM
I hate to say it, but I can almost "bloody" guarantee that kids hear worse than that every day they are in school, any time they are out in public, and as soon as they are able to read T-shirts. At least it's in context.

agrimony
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by agrimony on Mar 9, 14 8:01 PM
all of this may be so but do we have to keep encouraging the bad language. It is foul enough now, what will it be a few more years down the line.
Bad language shows bad character and lowers the moral in people. I will not say I am sorry I do not use bad language and I get highly offended when others use it on not only on me but other people as well. What has this generation gotten to by saying "kids hear it at school" or "out in public" etc. If each one of us stop using this kind of language maybe just maybe we will get our morals back and maybe the violence will calm down also. Just my thought.
You can jump on it (as most do calling me a what ever comes to their mind) or you can agree and help better this and the following generations to better themselves.

ZekesPeach
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by ZekesPeach on Mar 28, 14 6:47 PM
I haven't noticed bad language (maybe I'm too involved in what I'm searching for), but I do have to say that the guy in the shackles never even crossed my mind as anything racial or demeaning. He was a mechanic on the ship, not a slave, and he was overtaken by the bad guys and left in a way he couldn't go after them. The fact he is played by a real person (and very well, I might add) sort of indicates that the actor didn't find any political correctness fault with his character's predicament either. If he had been the guy left clinging to the ice while his body hangs in the cold water, then gets gobbled up by evil right after he is rescued, would there be complaints about those things happening to him as being racial? No complaints about that happening to a white guy? Relax and enjoy the game.

sackese
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by sackese on Apr 2, 14 9:38 PM
Oh people grow up FFS!

First, kids DO hear a lot more foul language than there is on this game.

Second, this isn't a game for kids in the age in which they "should be protected" from fou language.

Third. Talking about moral when there are a lot more important things to worry about, like, you know, people getting killed because some others accept that weapons should be public available? Foul language hasn't killed anyone yet...

Fourth. A lot of those who go around and get horrified by others using foul language don't hesitate do call people names etc. just because they don't agree with the way the others live by.

So, as Zeke said, relax and enjoy the game, or if it's too unbearable, just delete it from your computer!

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on May 10, 14 11:19 AM
Just out of curiosity, are you going to forbid kids to take up woodworking because they might come across a bastard file? Or to study biology because something might be bloody?

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Jun 3, 14 10:16 AM
peglegann wrote:Bless you twinsoniclab for the warning.
I would be surprised if any "young" children would be playing this. I have not had the chance to try this game and I am not a fan of bad language.
Have fun

It wasn't me (twinsoniclab) who "warned" you! I have no problem with "real life" language in games, if it fits the context. I would rather have "bad" language in a game (or book, movie, etc.) than promote edits and bans. If it's too vile, I don't read/watch/listen/play it. I don't use "bad" language, never have, but when my adult children do it does not indicate a lowering of their morals, as some suggest!

My daughter and I were in a Mother-Daughter book club a few years back, and one family took exception to the title of a book. It was Hell's something, like Pass or Peak. I forget, but the point was it was the name of a geologic formation. Like in Lassen Park, Bumpass Hell is a hot springs area. (well worth the hike!). I used to live near Mount Diablo, in CA. Every so often someone pushes for a name change, most recently to Mount Reagan!

Go to: