Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

How many coins for HOG scenes?

[Post New]by Amerzone on Feb 22, 14 7:59 AM
I'm at level 18, the only thing I have left to do is to click on the dragon's icon and accept his coins and progress. I've left him there so that the game doesn't lock me out.

I have a Phoenix egg that no one wanted to trade an owl egg for so I decided to try and get 50,000 coins. I'm at 34,900 and I earn about 830 coins when I play an entire round and click to amass flowers while playing. I figure that it will take me 18 days to earn the 50,000 coins.

#1 - can I click on the dragon and accept his coins or will the game then lock me out?

The other thing is how many coins do you get when you finish a HOS? I play fast and usually get around 50 but one scene gives me 75. It doesn't matter if I find all the items before the counter runs down to 1 or not. If I find all 23 items at once the game will run down to 1 before it registers that I had all 23 and I get 50 coins.

#2 - does anyone get more than 50 coins when playing a HOS?

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

Re:How many coins for HOG scenes?

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Feb 22, 14 8:38 AM
There are 2 changing factors to determine how many coins you get from a HOS.
1) The level of the scene
2) Your character's level

From what I've seen, how fast you do the scene doesn't factor in to how many coins you get. The multiplier is for how much experience the scene gets towards it's next level.

If you are trying to make money, there are a few crafted items that sell for more than they cost to make. Usually if the item requires a lot of marks to make it will sell for more. For example: the Prayful Seal sells for 2700g but only costs 700g to make. (Warning though: it takes 4 Unique Marks to craft so you'll have to decide if it's worth the cost of marks) Blessing Pendent is pretty good with a cost of only 200g, 12 ordinary marks, and 8 unusual marks. It sells for 2240g. I've made that one several times to get enough money to win an egg on the Wheel.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Feb 22, 14 8:44 AM
Thanks Lady_Sabelle!!

I would still like to know how many coins you get. I'm trying to figure out if my game is buggy or if my coins are average. Thanks

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Feb 22, 14 9:05 AM
I am level 14 and get 50 coins from a level 5 scene.

I have to correct myself. Your current character level may not actually be a factor. I am sorry for the misinformation.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Feb 22, 14 9:05 AM
Another question, how do you know how much something sells for? I can only make the Emerald tablet and it wants 1000 gold.

When I try for other objects for crafting the game does not give them to me.

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Feb 22, 14 9:10 AM
You will only know how much an item sells for once you make the item. I am currently making a list of the item sell prices but unfortunately I don't know the Emerald tablet yet.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Feb 22, 14 9:18 AM
How about I make it and then tell you how much it sells for? I'll do it right now and get right back to you.

Btw, it's the Pegasus egg I have. That's the one that takes 50,000 coins.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Feb 22, 14 9:20 AM
Ok, that was a bad trade. It sells for 490 coins but costs 1000 to make.
Game only gave me a red X (of course, always) and pegasus food.

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Feb 22, 14 9:23 AM
Yeah the Pegasus is a really big investment. I'm working on the Phoenix AND the Pegasus so I'm trying to amass 70k.

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Feb 22, 14 9:26 AM
Thank you so much for the data! I'll add it to the list. Maybe I should start a thread to have other players help with compiling the list of costs.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Feb 22, 14 10:21 AM
Didn't know it but I have a blessing pendant in inventory. cool beans

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Feb 22, 14 4:03 PM
I crafted a pegasus after I accidentally paid all my diamonds for an egg. The way I got most of my money was playing dice with the dragon in the bar. The only problem is you can't stop while you're winning. It won't reset the timer until you've played all 3 games.
Pegasus can be worth it compared to the basic pets. I just got 2000 coins from a gold chest with mine. Of course, he's a pig and needs 15 food to do anything....

Edited on 02/22/2014 at 4:05:58 PM PST

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Feb 23, 14 7:53 AM
rosiebvt wrote: The only problem is you can't stop while you're winning. It won't reset the timer until you've played all 3 games.

Actually there is a way...

If you have won, don't roll against the dragon, switch to Anabel for the remaining rolls that way you only risk losing 10 coins a time.

Edited on 02/23/2014 at 7:54:08 AM PST

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Feb 23, 14 4:35 PM
Good suggestion, Doc. I wish you had made it before I lost 3 times to the dragon

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by Turalyon on Feb 24, 14 2:50 AM
Making money in this game is so easy on lvl 16+ it's laughable. I currently am at lvl 18 (and got locked out, thank you developers for not fixing that yet) and own more than 50.000 gold. I never crafted an item to sell it or sold any of my ingredients. I just played the HOS scenes to get the parts I needed to craft quest related things.

If you need three different things that come from the same object, sometimes you need to play very often ^^

One thing about playing dice with the dragon. Sometimes I think the game cheats in that regard. Today I played him three times, lost the first round with an 8 (he rolled a 9), then I rolled an 11, he did too, then I rolled an 8, he did too, then I lost another round with a 10 when he rolled another 11 and then I rolled an 11 again which he again matched before winning the last round with a 10 to 9 -.-

Go to: