The Doctor's Blog

The Doctor's Blog

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Feb 23, 14 7:05 AM
The Doctor: Code 164 744.

I had a glitch today: I received three gifts from friends but received no names for two of them: they were anonymous! Thanks for "The Seal of Courage", Fantomia, yours was the only one that was identified. I'd like to thank the senders of the other "Seal of Courage" and "The Pole Star" but unfortunately I don't know who you are.

An egg appeared on "The Wheel of Fortune" this morning: I eventually gave up trying when I paid 1100 gold pieces for the final spin! This must be about the only time that I have been disapointed to win 2 diamonds and 2 jackpots!

cabogal
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:The Doctor's Blog

[Post New]by cabogal on Feb 24, 14 12:35 AM
Ken,

You should be able to identify gifts from players without names by their ID codes. Before you open gifts make sure you open your confirmed friends list on the lefthand side and then click on each gift individually. You can then scroll down your friends list and find the player by their ID code. Most players add their names after the first round of gift exchanges.

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Feb 24, 14 1:52 PM
The Doctor: Code 164744

Firstly, Hi Cabogirl... All that happened when I clicked on the gifts was the name of the gift flashed on the screen in very small letters and then vanished: it didn't even show the code of the friend. It is pretty annoying, especially as it happened a further twice yesterday after I made my first blog entry.

So If anyone reads this who sent me: A pole Star; A Seal of Courage or one of Two Styx Charms... Thank you; but thanks to the glitch, I don't know who you are!

I am begining to see why so many people claim that this game is adictive: although I am retired I have a part time job with an irregular shift pattern: I had to work today, but kept thinking about Midnight Castle! - Annoying not being able to play!

How often do people get diamonds in exchange for flowers? I got my first at 730 and the second at 835. Is this normal? are they always this irregular?

I'm still feeling the affects of yesterday's vain attempts to win an egg on the "Wheel of Fortune" when I blew most of my gold... I won't do that again in a hurry, or at least not until the next egg appears!

I find myself agreeing with everyone else who has written saying that the daily gift limit of five is unfair: now that I have over twenty friends, it is getting dificult to get around to all of you. I'm The Doctor: I want to help everyone!

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Feb 24, 14 8:55 PM
The diamonds are very random in collecting flowers,

Trixie Belle did will with diamonds,
Bondi Girl not so well
Katoomba Kitten better with diamonds

Makes life interesting.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 25, 14 7:00 AM
I have written down when I have gotten diamonds with the collection of flowers. It is very random.

50Panderbear
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by 50Panderbear on Feb 25, 14 7:07 AM
Hi Doctor. I 2 have had a little luck w/diamonds. But I am still waiting 4 an egg on my wheel boo hoo. Have not received any & I am now on level 15. Still looking.
Have fun playing.

PS. Hi everyone

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 25, 14 1:27 PM
I have not had an egg on my "Wheel" either and I am on level 18.

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Feb 25, 14 2:47 PM
From The Doctor: code164744

Thanks to everyone for the information: as you can see, I am still learning about the game (as I suspect is everyone else). This game has got the potential to become one of the all time classics (if only BFG ever fixes that very small problem,,,)

I had a very good day on the wheel today which took me totally by surprise: besides the usual junk of a crystal ball and a wand I was surprised to win a jackpot, a diamond and, yes, a green dragon egg! It'll be a couple of days before I can craft it... Need the post cards, because the egg came right after i had crafted a flying cat! never the less, I look forward to finding out what the little chap can accomplish.

SPOILER
I was sorry when Warren "Salty" Took got poisoned and turned into a ghost... The Old chap rather reminded me of the Landlord of a Pub that I used to drink in back in the 1970's... I'm not sure that I like the way that the characters change... I much prefered Annabel BEFORE she became a vampire, but if its part of the developing story, I won't complain. As long as there IS a developing story!

Edited on 02/27/2014 at 2:49:02 PM PST

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Feb 26, 14 1:06 PM
From The Doctor: code 164744

Thank you Cryss, Wynne, Bev and Carole for the gifts received today. Usual problem now that the number of friends is increasing; I'll get around to the rest of you in rotation - as long as I've got what you want in my itinerary.

I've noticed a number of minor glitches regarding the flowers... Every now-and-again it doesn't pay up on five. Its a minor annoyance when it happens once: but a real pain in the proverbials when it happens three times in a row! The other "flower-glitch was stranger - it paid up on 2! Has anyone else had this happen?

I need one post card before I can hatch my dragon's egg: I really hope that it performs better than the cat which only managed 2 crystal balls on its last flight. That was really disappointing!

50Panderbear
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by 50Panderbear on Feb 26, 14 9:26 PM
OHHHH your teasing me aaarg. NO egg here WHAAA. Still hopping.
Dori

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Feb 27, 14 2:48 PM
The Doctor: code 164744.

I wasn't teasing, Dori, honest... But there were actually two eggs on my wheel today: another dragon's egg and a red one that I don't recognise, unfortunately, I did not win either. How ever as I am The Doctor and I help people, see your private post as I think I can let you have a Phoenix egg, If you want one.

Has anyone noticed anything strange about the gaming table? I Think that I'm spotting glitches there as well. When I play, I play to win once: if I do I immediately switch to playing against Annabel for any remaining rolls so that I don't risk losing my winnings... This switching seems to upset the program as today It counted the 10 coins that I lost to Annabel as a win and paid me the 10 on top of the 300 that I'd won already. I like that sort of error... It makes up for the flowers failing to pay up from time to time!

This game is beginning to get to me big-time... I found myself actually talking to the Knight and to Salty today; is this usual behaviour for Midnight Castle players?

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Feb 27, 14 3:28 PM
Ken_TheDoctor wrote:This game is beginning to get to me big-time... I found myself actually talking to the Knight and to Salty today; is this usual behaviour for Midnight Castle players?

Yes! I've never felt the need to chat with the characters. I believe i'll quit playing when I get to that point...lol !!

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Feb 28, 14 12:57 PM
The Doctor: 164744

Thank's for the observations on my mental state, Awalking Lady, yes I know that I am crazy! But I am finding that this game is getting to me and I dread what's going to happen when I hit level eighteen... I'm not far off fifteen now and the dreaded system failure is creeping ever closer... Oh I've set up a second identity in readiness, but that is just not the same as being to carry on to level nineteen.

I'm finding that the gaming table can be erratic if I switch opponants during the three games with some of the losses converted into wins. Has anyone esle found similar?

I must say that the green dragon that I crafted turned out to be a bit of a disapointment... On his first flight he came back with two crystal balls and one of the really common marks. His other three flights weren't much better... At this rate he'll get named "Loser"! Or has anyone else got a better suggestion?

Edited on 02/28/2014 at 1:34:05 PM PST

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Feb 28, 14 1:30 PM
Ken_TheDoctor wrote:The Doctor: 164744

Thank's for the observations on my mental state, Awalking Lady, yes I know that I am crazy! But I am finding that this game is getting to me and I dread what's going to happen when I hit level eighteen... I'm not far off fifteen now and the dreaded system failure is creeping ever closer... Oh I've set up a second identity in readiness, but that is just not the same as being to carry on to level nineteen.

I'm finding that the gaming table can be erratic if I switch opponants during the three games with some of the losses converted into wins. Has anyone esle found similar?

I must say that the green drafon that I crafted turned out to be a bit of a disapointment... On his first flight he came back with two crystal balls and one of the really common marks. His other three flights weren't much better... At this rate he'll get named "Loser"! Or has anyone else got a better suggestion?

At you and others approaching the dreaded level 18 have warning. I got shut out of the first game on jan 21 and only a couple of posts similar. at that time I was talking to walls, computer, begging and pleading with anyone and anything to get back in. Especially when I would come to the post and see wonderful friends and others having such a grand time in their play. I spent on crystals and went very fast through the game (have little patience) and boy was I sad. As for the table game, I experienced the same in both the first and my second game (which I was locked out a week ago) By switching characters, I normally would win two of the three rolls but not always. I am not a good gambler, cheap as well as impatient, but I did win $500 in one play. Sorry for the typing, my arthritis is awful today and I am missing my castle! Happy gaming! If I remember right, level 15 and 17 took awhile to gather all the duplicate items.

cabogal
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by cabogal on Feb 28, 14 7:32 PM
Ken_TheDoctor wrote:The Doctor: Code 164744
Firstly, Hi Cabogirl... All that happened when I clicked on the gifts was the name of the gift flashed on the screen in very small letters and then vanished: it didn't even show the code of the friend. It is pretty annoying, especially as it happened a further twice yesterday after I made my first blog entry.

I was wrong about the player's ID code showing up. If a player hasn't created a name there are only 2 clues that may help you identify a player without a name. The clues are their avatar and the 1 or 2 digit number beneath 'Player', which indicates the game level they have reached. Those clues usually are all you need unless you happen to have a huge friends list.

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Mar 1, 14 1:12 PM
The Doctor 164744

Thanks for the feed-back Cabogal and basmith12: at least two people are reading my rantings, which is gratifying. The glitch that prevented the gifters name appearing hasn't affected me since so it seems that what ever it was is either transient or rare and I was unlucky enough to encounter it two days running,

As for talking to the characters, well this has become a regular feature of my game and you are free to draw what conclusions that you will about my mental state!... But if the truth be known, I doubt if I am the only one who does! Anyone else care to admit to it?

Pet names: I have finally settled upon a name for my little green dragon and that name is "Frog"! This is partly because of his colour and partly because a frog would be as effective in bringing back treasure. My favourote is little Snowy, the Griffon, who seems to bring back better stuff. Actually, the supply of pet food has all but dried up: is this general for level 15, or is it just a patch that I am going through?

I notice that the BFG's are reassuring us that the Devs are working hard on a solution to the problem... Well I for one, believe them. These games are complex and if the problem is incompatability between a couple of lines of code, then it can be a real pain to find it. Good luck to them, but please hurry up with a solution!

Edited on 03/01/2014 at 1:14:06 PM PST

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 1, 14 1:33 PM
If you are in a hurry for an update you might want to find another game. I've been waiting for an update to fix this game for over a month now....and the BFG mods were sending out the same canned messages that the developers were working on an update a month ago!

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Mar 2, 14 11:17 AM
The Doctor: code 164744

No hurry, Awalking Lady, I'm taking my time on my main game and made level 15 this afternoon. I have a game in a second area on my computer in reserve which I visit once a day just for the coins etc. As for trying other games... I've tried "Found" and "Awakenibg Kingdom" but didn't find them as adictive as this one. In fact I've only played "Found" once and have not been tempted to return to it.

The Troll has just changed (I won't say what into) but I prefered him as the Troll... He was more believable as a character and invoked sympathy: I felt that I wanted to help him.

I love the way that the game is developing and after BFG sorts out the problem, there is no reason why it shouldn't continue for dozens of more levels after all castles are pretty big places... Some of the ones here in the UK are the size of small towns!

None of the minor glitches that I came across earlier have re-occured so i suspect that some tinkering is being done to the portion of the code that is held on BFG's server... Or am I speaking too soon?

Edited on 03/03/2014 at 1:46:56 PM PST

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Mar 3, 14 1:56 PM
The Doctor: 164744

I spoke too soon about the minor glitches!!! Me and my big mouth!

On of my friends was kind enough to send me a predattor;s sign today, but the glitch prevented their name from appearing on my computer. If you read this, please accept my thanks and let me know who you are so that I can send something back. Thanks also to Katoomba Kitten; Cabowabo and Ronel for their gifts. (Please excuse spelling errors as I am slightly Dyslexic)

Has anyone else come across this glitch? I haven't seen it mentioned on the forum, other than by me, and was wondering?

I sent "Frog", my Green Dragon out today and once again he lived up to his name by hopping back with about 100 coins and two of the commonest marks. Do other dragons perform like this, or is it just "Frog" that is useless?

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on Mar 3, 14 3:01 PM
Hi Doctor Ken,

I spent over 2 months playing about 100.000 coins trying to get Eggs from the Spinning Wheel. WHY so much coins? Well, that is easy. IF you get the chance, try to win as much as possible eggs until your purse gets empty. I have all eggs now, traded 2 eggs and gave 4 eggs to Friends dying for eggs. Thats what this game is about, gifting and enjoying, especially when you know someone needs something you have! I would have seen their faces when they woke up to see what the Wishlist had brought! But that's what Friends are for, isn't it?
And 50Panderbear aka Dori, if I get an egg or eggs, I will send you an PM.

Duncan

Go to: