cash strapped

cash strapped

[Post New]by DaisyMaeDriver on Feb 23, 14 8:05 AM
I'm level 35. I made the mistake of starting the Festival Quests and here I sit with 4 buildings wanting to be upgraded to level 4 at a cost of roughly 20,000 coin each.
The castle fountain wants new statues at about 20,000 coin.
All of the collections I can or have completed are for building resources, and I can't seem to get enough of any of the mini-game resources to make it worthwhile to spend a special item to increase the amount of coins for the 30 minutes......
I have roughly 9,000 coin to spend at this point and I'm wondering if anyone else is having a problem making enough cash to afford any of this?
It seems to me that if everything is going to be so expensive that you'd actually get a bit more cash in the game to make it possible.

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

Re:cash strapped

[Post New]by meinaz on Feb 23, 14 12:03 PM
I am always cash strapped. Once I started the Festival quests, I didn't work on any other quests so I wouldn't be spending money on other things. I lucked out that I reached many achievement points and spend diamonds on energy so I didn't have to spend money. I did have a lot of mini-game resources saved up so I used them all up to raise my money. Have you tried selling things at auction? I haven't used it lately, but I did at the beginning of the game. If you price things reasonably you can make some good money.

[Post New]by DaisyMaeDriver on Feb 25, 14 5:57 AM
AND today they made me buy "Festival Gear" for my pet????!!!
Who comes up with this dreck? Didn't I already say cash strapped? That was 1/2 of the upgrade of a building!
I don't have enough crystals to afford to buy anything remotely saleable in the auction, the stuff I do have is worth maybe 5 or 10 coins, certainly not the 1,000's I need to get on top of this game.....
I was born broke, I've lived broke. I know how to budget..... this is beyond me. Someone please tell me. What is the trick to this one?

jody999
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by jody999 on Feb 26, 14 7:55 AM
Yeah, I completely agree. With all the new quests asking for donations or upgrades, and having to purchase food to keep playing, I am always very low on cash. I still haven't been able to upgrade the orchard to level 5 because it's like 45,000 and I've spent all my money on the newer quests.
It's see to me that the amount of coin rewards do not match the upgrades and quests. Just this morning I used a keepsake for 25% coin increase and played over and over just to upgrade two buildings. Even with some of the mini games at master level, you barely get any coins.

[Post New]by DaisyMaeDriver on Feb 26, 14 9:07 AM
Festival DRECK I went to 2 locations to get 3 items. Am out of energy. Will probably get to go to both locations for no results again tomorrow too. You'd think that if they are sending you there for "Festival Requirements" the darn requirements would at least drop the first time!
I hate complaining like this......

frosteen
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by frosteen on Feb 26, 14 11:37 AM
i hate the quests that ask for donations as well. Wonder what would happen if you just ignore it? Don't donate and don't skip for gold. I may try and see what happens. I have also been ignoring Yuri's quests. Don't have enough money and don't want to waste it.

[Post New]by DaisyMaeDriver on Feb 27, 14 5:50 AM
I'm thinking that this Festival is more trouble than it's worth in spite of what others have said. 3 more trips to get dresses that will not drop and out of energy for the day. That's less than 5 minutes of play here, including checking the auction for required items, putting my co*katrice up and cashing in one completed collection. I swear I spend more time in the forum than the game.....

Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on Feb 27, 14 10:30 PM
I've been stuck trying to get one item from the treasure vault for over 3 days now to progress in the Festival quests. I have enjoyed this game until now, but this time crunch is ruining it for me. Unfortunately, I don't have real world cash available at this time to purchase things in game.

This is ruining my enjoyment of the game for sure.

mogedijan
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by mogedijan on Feb 28, 14 4:47 AM
hah..ill aggree to several guys here...thx to friend that is couple lv+ then me and like me likes to remember these little..hm series of quests ...and what trigers it im trying to postpone them as long as i can...thus making gold to at list have all buildings to lv 4..like u sead they are rather expencive at list 20k each..hah auctioning is hard when u are swarmed with 10-50 gold worth items and u need those of 1000's to achive anything soo best thing is spend energy on areas that have those items so u can sell and profit more..and hope that they will upgread to something less steneos next time on budget...cuz like u sead i just spent 67k on upgreads and donations...and gold is something that u cant work without especialy when i dont use real cash..looks like ill have to start to use my diamonds....

[Post New]by DaisyMaeDriver on Feb 28, 14 5:55 AM
I have now made a total of 12 trips to Rosetum garden to get 2 leafy dresses. I used one of my special food items yesterday. I am 2 trips away from 5/5 trophies there. Today I bought the items I needed in the auction. At least I was able to do that. But I know I have got the dress there in the past so why the stumbling block now?
My partner like a lot of people is stuck in the treasury trying to get the gemshorn. His take on it is "get everyone stuck somewhere for 3 or 4 days and slow them down so they can't finish the quest before the time is up".
Tomorrow when I have some energy to "play with" I'll go see if my next stumbling block is the treasury. If it is, I will just give up on the stupid Festival. I'm suppose to be having fun here, not obsessing over time crunches, lack of funds, and unreasonable expectations.

jey12345
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by jey12345 on Feb 28, 14 6:27 AM
I'm stuck as the gemshorn right now too, and also totally cash strapped.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Feb 28, 14 6:53 AM
My gripe about the game is that the characters help themselves to the bolgians I just bought!!!
Something else:
Do you think the game is freezing because our computer gets to hot. I've noticed my lap top Sony, Windows 7, gets very hot playing this game!
Last night, I took the game off my computer and redownloaded it this morning . I was in rose garden when it blipped but came back after a bit . My comp was getting warm and I also slowed down my clicking on items to see if that helped.
I like the game ...I'm so surprised I would but I like the series too. But these little guys are thieves. I also can not get one of the dresses mine is the snow gossamer one.
thanks for giving us the forum to talk.
nanaseaweed

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Feb 28, 14 7:01 AM
post script:
I'm Faywren on this game .

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Feb 28, 14 12:37 PM
yeah they don't expect us to be playing for hours a day. the expected norm is use your energy then go play a different game. Level up once every few weeks. Don't forget free means they need us to spend cash to buy crystals etc.,but many people have been complaining about losing everything even name now, so I wouldn't do that. (Around level 32).

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Feb 28, 14 1:39 PM
I used crystals to buy the ...(looks like flowers)... that increases your energy total by 30 and fills up your energy. That went a long way towards getting more playtime. But most days are 5-10 minutes...

[Post New]by DaisyMaeDriver on Mar 1, 14 6:09 AM
Well, surprise, I got the gemshorns. Looks like I will be making multiple trips to the docks though.....

[Post New]by ClmbaGrg2011 on Mar 1, 14 10:40 AM
I spent real money to by the in game currency to complete some of these, but I still have buildings wanting upgrades and not having enough coins for it.

[Post New]by Rachello75 on Mar 1, 14 4:53 PM
I'm really liking the game but too am struggling with the lack of funds and also energy - it takes so long to recharge! I seemed to be able to do much more in one go on the earlier levels but the further I've gone on (level 25) the more difficult it is to get anywhere - the upgrades cost loads and then people want donations as well?!? Also I haven't yet worked out whether I'm better off spending my coins or using my crystals to buy more energy - any clues?

Otherwise, great game!

[Post New]by DaisyMaeDriver on Mar 2, 14 6:47 AM
Coins.
Save the crystals for things that are unreasonable... to open a mini game rather than wasting 400 hours leveling up in a particular map location for instance. You can make coin, it just takes a lot of work. And no I never have enough for everything....

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Mar 2, 14 10:23 AM
It's interesting that this game and "Found" are both listed as FTP "Hidden Object" games. But both are far more about managing your resources than the hidden objects. I've just started playing this one, and have made it to about level 25. But I'm really strapped for cash. I've figured out not to use any of the "special" items unless I'm close to the end of a level or have almost full energy. (Which only happens at the beginning of a level...I play a few minutes at a time until I run out of energy.)
But I learned the lesson of patience playing "Found"...where I'm out of quests, have enough energy for about a year, and nothing to do with it except wait for the next update. So I'm trying to not push too hard to do "everything" since I figure I'll eventually run out of quests on this one too...and while I have a lot of other games, I really like these two.

Go to: