ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Switch from Gold to Money

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Feb 23, 14 6:19 PM
I know I've seen somewhere that there is a switch from having to pay gold for the items in the antique store to money. Could anyone please let me know when that or how that happens. I would rather not have to come up with 400 gold for the platinum ledger.

Mrssfox
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

Re:Switch from Gold to Money

[Post New]by Mrssfox on Feb 23, 14 6:21 PM
Sometimes you need to achieve something for that to happen and the instructions are right on the locked up item, if I'm not mistaken.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 24, 14 2:33 AM
Yes, if you click on the bar showing gold it will tell you what achievement you need to change it to coins. I can't remember what it is for the ledger, but it must be one that is achievable within reason!

The only problem with the Antique shop is that for some items it asks you to have completed a certain number of quests in order to open it. But that doesn't seem to happen even after we have done far more quests than it asks for!
I am not sure whether this has ever been reported to BigFIsh as a glitch, as it is a rather hidden problem, since those particular items are all optional so I guess that not many people have bothered to look.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Feb 24, 14 4:17 AM
You have to cash in a certain number of silver collections to get the gold ledger and a certain number of gold collections to get the platinum ledger. Not all of them, but most. To change the ledger price from gold to coins you seem to need most or all of your buildings upgraded to level 5. Happy building

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Feb 24, 14 7:58 AM
Not sure I got how to do that... If I click the bar showing gold - wouldn't that be like paying that gold? Wouldn't want that to happen

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 24, 14 4:02 PM
Ah - that's a point..... I wouldn't know, as I have never had enough gold to buy any of those items! But you could be right - in which case, it would be rather unfair if they didn't still offer you the coins option.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Feb 25, 14 4:50 PM
Be warned. I clicked on the 400 gold for the platinum ledger to see what I had to do to pay out with cash... guess what? You guessed it. It took my 400 gold! It looks like the only way to check on an alternate way of paying is when you don't have the gold or cash for the upgrade. Which if you think about it is dumb. If you go into the antique store, why would you click on an item if it's red and you can't currently afford it. Maybe they should be a little more upfront with it.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Oct 14, 14 6:41 AM
Just finished the quest of buying the gold ledger that first appears for 150 Gold. It takes having bronze and silver sets rewarded. Had all but 2 bronze collections rewarded once and it was the silver set that made it change - done at 5 silver collected. Now the Gold ledger is 15,000 coins.

Go to: