bfgFlounder
9,578 Posts

Farm to Fork

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 24, 14 12:29 AM
The Valley of farmers is on the verge of downfall since the Global Mart has overtaken the town's business, and it's up to you to help the farmers save their lands ! Grow the freshest vegetables, produce the best grains and meat, and cook delicious meals to earn money. Collect rewards and achievements and invest in new facilities to grow your wealth. Make the valley prosperous once again in Farm to Fork!

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Re:Farm to Fork

[Post New]by crispypot on Feb 24, 14 2:11 AM
Hi flounder is your gamesite closed today for repairs ??? it wont let me in and says you`ll be back soon but noticed some people have bought games today i`m a tad confused

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,655 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Feb 24, 14 3:54 AM
I don't even want to try this game. It has a cute, personable pig on the cover and is called Farm to Fork Just looking at the piggy I can tell I don't want to eat him I'm an adult, I know where food comes from, and I do love my bacon, but this is just wrong. Someone please tell me that no animals are slaughtered and eaten in this game

caseymom
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Feb 24, 14 4:48 AM
I am with you Wendy. This is the grossest name of a game since I have been with BF (long time). Even if I liked the game, and I don't plan on even trying it, the name would keep me from buying it. I too like bacon, but I also like to have a game that I can enjoy without feeling like an inhumane person. (Yes, people, we know it is JUST a game but we also know that dogs are more than JUST a dog.). YUK.

Also, to those who found the maintenance notice, I logged on at 6:47 CST and the page is fine. Would be nice to have a notice posted on the site that the punch problem had been addressed.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Feb 24, 14 5:23 AM
Doesn't necessarily have to mean the pig, there are plenty of veggies that you eat with a fork. Salads come from a farm and you eat them with a fork.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Feb 24, 14 6:59 AM
This is funny...I thought the same thing when I saw the little piggy's face! I don't want to see where ground beef comes from. It's in a package at the grocery store. Before that, lalalala!!

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,895 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Feb 24, 14 11:04 AM
shagwendy wrote:I don't even want to try this game. It has a cute, personable pig on the cover and is called Farm to Fork Just looking at the piggy I can tell I don't want to eat him I'm an adult, I know where food comes from, and I do love my bacon, but this is just wrong. Someone please tell me that no animals are slaughtered and eaten in this game

I beta tested this game and was one of the winners that got the it free

It's also one of my favorite games...wonder if this one has the 'bonus' games after you finish each farm? Mine was a BF's version of a' CE' though....strange hopefully someone will tell us if they got a Bonus Chapter (5 xtra games after you finish each farm).

No animals are harmed in this game...'cept the pain in the behind parrots and they just disappear.....the pigs are in a pen, you click on them and a steak appears...pigs still in tack and happily eating and rooting away. so for those worried about them being harmed in any way, or eaten.....they aren't. No blood/guts anywhere

Also if you don't complete a level in a certain time, (depending on what you pick, causual/timed/can't remember how they're named),you keep playing it till finished, just don't get gold or silver, also ya do not get the bonus games (if this one has them)

Give it a try, it's a cheerful game...well the parrots, at times, drove me crazy!

Spoiler* if ya don't get rid of them in time, they scare the cooks/pigs and crops and you lose what they cooked and the crops/steaks. *

Gojira2006
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,160 Posts

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Feb 25, 14 5:10 PM
shagwendy wrote:I don't even want to try this game. It has a cute, personable pig on the cover and is called Farm to Fork Just looking at the piggy I can tell I don't want to eat him I'm an adult, I know where food comes from, and I do love my bacon, but this is just wrong. Someone please tell me that no animals are slaughtered and eaten in this game

I agree - I shall not support digital carnivorism . . . As an aside - in addition to sharks & piranha being man-eaters, as well as obvious carnivores, the goliath grouper is also classified as a man-eater . . .

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,478 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Mar 2, 14 10:30 AM
Ok, I'm now playing this game myself and I can tell everyone that the piggies are all happy as... well... pigs in poop . None are slaughtered just as no wheat or vegetable plants die when they are harvested.

The meat just appears like magic when you click on them as they are ready, as it does with the veggies and wheat. The piggies just go on happily eating and prancing around. I would not be happy either if this was a game that slaughtered animals (even if they are animations). Doesn't happen here at all. This is just a lot of fun so if you do want to try it, I'd say give it a go as there's nothing untoward here at all, except a lot of challenge if you wish to attain expert.

Yay to Playrix for producing the first really good TM that is not a builder in a long time. Gamers who love the old type of TM have been waiting for a game like this.

[Post New]by DimeRed on Mar 5, 14 10:31 AM
Don't worry about piggies!
Slaughter is not involved. Pigs just give you some meat from time to time like wheat or seedlings do.

And about “RELAXED MODE”. In fact it's already embedded in the game in non-obvious way You can't loose. You can play level as long as you want and you will get bronze rating and some stars for upgrades anyway. And if you don't have enough stars to upgrade just replay level and get additional stars.

marbleann1
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by marbleann1 on Mar 19, 14 6:08 PM
The only problem is if you keep on getting bronze you might have to replay levels to be able to buy upgrades to continue. But I love it. You buy a pig it flops from out of the sky somewhere . You don't kill them, it is like they reproduce meat on their own. I was upset too, thinking the pigs were going to die but they don't.

Oh and those parrots are a pain and they don't die either you knock some money and feathers off them while making a cage for them. They can be real destructive. They will take your pigs and destroy upgrades and your products. So catch them. All of the levels do not have them.

[Post New]by littleone501 on May 6, 14 8:35 PM
OMG, really people....its a Game! not a slaughter house! I guess just one more thing for people to squeal about

Go to: