0Jade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

Reviews for Farm to Fork

[Post New]by 0Jade on Feb 24, 14 5:27 AM
Should be renamed to clicking frenzy! I guess it is a fun game for those who like that kind of thing, but to me it was just click on the fields, click on the blender, click on the stove, click on the fields again, click the snot out of the parrot (who escaped from the zoo), click on the truck... Sell All. ALL CLICKED OUT - not for me.

Edited on 02/24/2014 at 9:15:33 AM PST

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

Re:Reviews for Farm to Fork

[Post New]by tesamoine on Feb 24, 14 6:55 AM
I'm with OJade on this one. Kind of reminds me of Farm Frenzy, and I never liked those games. You grow wheat, veggies, etc. Have to click on the wheat, click on the dough maker, pack it into the truck, etc. Same with the veggies. There's a parrot that comes flying around that you need to click on to stop him from destroying your crops. You have to click on him to form a cage around him. You need to buy certain things to progress to the next level (upgrades). The graphics were good. Cheesy music in the background I like TM games, just not this type. And NO, you are not butchering hogs, etc., for those who are concerned with that. This is a pass for me.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Feb 24, 14 9:15 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Farm to Fork here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Farm to Fork.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgDeveron

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Badut on Feb 24, 14 10:50 AM
I love this game

Well, yes there is some clicking involved, but to me, that is what TM games are for. And it is much more a question of using the right strategy, upgrading the right machines and so on - more than clicking like cracy.

Great fun

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Feb 24, 14 2:39 PM
I am enjoying this game. Yes. it requires a bit too much clicking. While it is timed, the bronze level has no time limit, so you can play on. If you don't have enough stars to move on, you can replay any level to gain what you need. It does require strategy, and the darn parrots are a pain in the neck. So far I have made dough, bread, salad, sauce, rattatouie(sp). This is worth a try.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Feb 24, 14 2:59 PM

Eck, wow, this is a TM [time management] with oober ADD/ADHD!!! It's all over the place without a consistency in storyline goals during play and overall sort of feels monotonous because of it. Also, it doesn't really pull things together with an explanation as to why you're doing the actions [initially]... of course, one does figure it out, but it sort of spoils the feel for the game.

I've been playing Frm Crft 2 and a couple of the other newer TM's [think coffee] so I guess I'm spoiled by those; this one just doesn't have the personality and charm as some of the other TM's and that parrot sealed the deal for me!!.... the word obnoxious comes to mind.

Well, no offense to those enjoying the game... enjoy and have fun!!!

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Feb 24, 14 9:22 PM
I am finding this game to be very enjoyable. The best way to play is to work on the goals given. I don't care for the bird but it's not too bad so far. Almost done with the 2nd farm. Gold is very difficult in my opinion but am getting silver on most levels.

Good game.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Feb 25, 14 7:56 AM
This is just like the Farm Frenzy games, (which I have been playing over and over because we have so few games of this type) with a little twist and yes you do have to be wise what you upgrade and use, so there is def a lot of strategy employed here. I was just so happy to see a TM/Strategy game, I will probably buy it, but must let my game credits build up.
I have been teetering as to whether or not to stay a member. Ninety percent, yes 90% of the games they do are HOG!!!! I have a couple of them, but hurts my eyes to work them. I am happy for the HOG gamers, but thinking I will get better games somewhere else, and if I pay more, will probably save money in the long run, because just don't have enough of the games I like here to make it worthwhile.
I will wait and see in the next couple of months and make a final decision.
It is sooooo sad, , BFG use to be such a super site!

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Feb 25, 14 6:25 PM
You can kind of bet that if it says "Frenzy" in the title there will be clicking. I liked it, but not enough to buy I don't think.

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Feb 26, 14 12:46 PM
A very nice game. I like the graphics, the animations are fun to watch and well done. The trial hour went by in no time, there is a lot to do in this game and pace picks up quickly. As others wrote before, this is basically Farm Frenzy with a somewhat different premise and one sure has to click quickly. The only thing I found very annoying is the parrot. I'll never understand why so many TM games have to add this "chase something" thing. For me, it simply interrupts game play and with this game, one is kept busy with clicking even without the parrots. They seriously spoil the fun for me. I bought the game anyway, as otherwise it's very amusing and nicely fast-paced.

MsHamster
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by MsHamster on Feb 26, 14 8:15 PM
Enjoyed the demo. Count me in for those that think the parrots are just too much. Not sure if this is a buy for me, still on the fence. Clicking isn't too bad yet. Had to replay a couple of levels to get gold but was able to do on the first replay. Looks to be getting steadily harder and harder.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Feb 28, 14 4:51 PM
Another adorable farm game, with a different twist, other than just growing crops.
Graphics are super cute. Tons of levels and upgrades. Decided to purchase it.

Just_Joie
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Just_Joie on Mar 5, 14 5:48 PM
If getting gold on every level is satisfying for you, this may not be the game for you. Several levels have such an extreme time limit for gold that it is nearly impossible to accomplish even with MANY re-does. I gave the game a good review and finished it easily, but the inability to get gold on every level.... I am not happy now. It has come to mean frustration, not fun, and I won't be buying future editions for sure as a result. Even 3 to 5 more seconds added to the timer would have been a help. I am not talking easy, just reasonable, given the differences in computer processors or whatever it is making me lose so often within 3 seconds for a gold. I have had enough of frustration as to that and accept this is not a game for that sense of accomplishment for me. The game is not that fascinating to bear doing a level so many times over and over to figure out some sort of arcane tactic to beat a second off.

Just saying.

Cute, fun, works well otherwise. Nice, tightly designed game.

YEOLDHIPPY
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by YEOLDHIPPY on Mar 6, 14 4:12 AM
Anybody know if there is going to be a Farm to Fork 2.I love this game good game play.I have all the Farm Frenzy games but deleated Farm Frenzy 4 because it Stunk real bad.

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Mar 6, 14 9:19 PM
Much like Farm Frenzy style games but honestly I don't care for them. too much clicking. this game is more attractive looking to me than farm frenzy but my hand is worn out from clicking. i think a nice alternative to clicking everything is to have an option where you click the field to harvest but then just mouse over the items to collect them from the fields or machines. this would save lots of extra clicking and make for less tired hands. yes clicking is just part of TM games but many developers have come up with much better ways of collecting resources and i think this game would benefit from that. i won't be buying this today (despite my UTTER DESPERATION for a good Time Management Game!!!hinthinthint ) because yes my hand Hurts after the one hour demo. i'll try the next installment should there be one and see if they consider going with the mouse-over-to-collect feature. otherwise for people who have enjoyed Farm Frenzy and those style games this one is nice to look at, very cute with nice bright colors and cheerful music.

Happy Gaming

[Post New]by icecelt on Mar 20, 14 3:03 PM
I loved it, and also wish I'd waited for the collector's edition because I want more levels! It was definitely the most challenging TM game I've payed so far, and I LOVED it - constantly trying new strategies makes it MORE fun, not less. I'm really hoping they make another one soon, and I may splurge and grab the Collector's edition anyhow, replay the entire thing (on EXPERT! I can't even IMAGINE!), and then play those bonus levels!

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Apr 26, 14 7:14 AM
Well, as other reviewers said, I, too was desperate for a Time Management game from here. I went ahead & bought this with barely a glance at the demo, knowing that I may end up regretting it somewhat.

But overall, Farm to Fork is ok. Its nothing to write home about, but at least its not - hey, another reviewer said 90% of the games are hogs but I think its over 95%! 0 so at least its not that genre.

I think this game could benefit from a future expansion pack or some kind of an update/upgrade. Just to add on a little something - something. Its ok but as I said its not amazing. Maybe it doesn't have to be?

Zoinks! I forgot to mention one thing so I am editing my post: I have played roughly 45 levels - guess how many I've gotten gold on?? Less than 10! And I thought I was an expert at this sort of thing! Well, its either me stinking at it or the game being very, very difficult in terms of getting an expert time. One of those!

Edited on 04/26/2014 at 7:16:28 AM PST

Go to: