TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Questions About the New "Manor Paint" Options

[Post New]by TnTexas on Feb 24, 14 2:29 PM
Anyone have any idea how long they last and whether or not enabling one also allows you to access the retired ornaments/enigmas/attractions/walkers/paths for it? (For instance, if I enabled the holiday mode, could I then buy the Santa-in-the-Box? That was available at Christmas?)

drivin
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

Re:Questions About the New "Manor Paint" Options

[Post New]by drivin on Feb 24, 14 5:20 PM
And will we automatically get any new seasonal themes as they come along or will they have to be purchased?

[Post New]by Monkey_Puzzle on Feb 25, 14 7:09 PM
Where is the manor paint option? I can't find it.

Mameha Manor

[Post New]by Monkey_Puzzle on Feb 25, 14 7:34 PM
Monkey_Puzzle wrote:Where is the manor paint option? I can't find it.

Mameha Manor

Never mind. I found it!

drivin
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by drivin on Feb 26, 14 1:17 PM
I have some questions too.

1. Do you get all the land decoration or just the decorations on the manor itself?

2. If you purchase one of the paint options, does it go into your inventory if you decide to switch again or do you have to purchase it again later on?

3. If I buy one of the other paint jobs BEFORE they take down the Mardi Gras decorations will I have to buy the Mardi Gras decorations to get them back?

How exactly is this feature working?

I hope that we continue to get new seasonal themes without having to pay for them. Until they are archived, of course.

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

Questions About the New "Manor Paint" Options

[Post New]by toomuchsht on Feb 27, 14 1:40 PM
TnTexas wrote:Anyone have any idea how long they last and whether or not enabling one also allows you to access the retired ornaments/enigmas/attractions/walkers/paths for it? (For instance, if I enabled the holiday mode, could I then buy the Santa-in-the-Box? That was available at Christmas?)
I would like to know that also. I wasn't playing before Christmas so I missed out on the Halloween and Turkey walkers. I would buy the paint option if I could get them. So far I have seen no one with a different paint manor, is no one buying or does it have to wait until the season?

alb822
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by alb822 on Aug 29, 14 5:51 PM
I tried the Manor Paint option.

I purchased the Halloween theme. I'm assuming it applied as it should although I was expecting something else). Once purchased, I thought that the option acted as a toggle so that I could change appearances once I had purchased it. That's not the case.

After returning to the original appearance, I gave up the option of returning to the new theme without purchasing it again.

40 gold wasted. Once purchased, don't change to any other appearance. And it really doesn't "paint" the manor. The scene has elements added: spider webbing all throughout, a huge black spider on the front of the manor, a cat on the roof, and a variety of Halloween items in the unpurchased plots.

I'm very disappointed in Manor Paint. I don't recommend it to subscribers.

bettymil4216
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by bettymil4216 on Aug 29, 14 6:32 PM
I agree! I made the mistake of buying the spring edition thinking I would be purchasing it for good. Wrong! As soon as I switched be to the regular scene the purchased one was gone for good. What a waste of money! Learned my lesson. So to all - don't do it!

Alikatt8
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by Alikatt8 on Aug 29, 14 6:42 PM
Agree. I bought the 'easter' option, it was too tizzy and dizzy, reverted back and lost my gold purchase as you cannot get it back.

If you buy something, surely it is yours to own, like every other purchase.

Imajica83
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

[Post New]by Imajica83 on Aug 29, 14 7:07 PM
I've never bought one, as I'd read that you don't get to keep it- for the price, it should definitely be something you keep and can switch to at your desire.

Ruby2sdy
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by Ruby2sdy on Aug 29, 14 7:32 PM
I never bought any of the paint themes and didn't know that you don't get to keep them to use as you please. That's insane. You pay that much gold for a one-shot deal???

BTW, I have the Halloween paint at my manor, which is very odd as I didn't start playing until January or later. It goes away after I play a scene, but all my neighbors see it, and it's always there when I sign in.

alb822
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by alb822 on Sep 6, 14 12:11 PM
One of my neighbors is "Dragonsweyr". When I visited today, I noticed that they had purchased the Mardi Gras Manor Paint.

It was available for view as of 1400 CDT.

It's nice to look at albeit short-lived.

klfrr
Clownfish
Clownfish
807 Posts

[Post New]by klfrr on Sep 6, 14 6:44 PM
Imajica83 wrote:it should definitely be something you keep and can switch to at your desire.

I second that.

Go to: