Post reviews here!

Edited on 02/26/2014 at 9:13:00 AM PST

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:Reviews for Fable of Dwarfs

[Post New]by Janette5 on Feb 26, 14 2:27 AM
This game is similar to Rush for Gold, Alaska and a few others. It is a stock standard building game and has great graphics. In this one you have to repair buildings and gather resources. You also have to build and upgrade houses and repair other things like a railroad. In order to gather resources you have to send a worker there. One some levels the worker picks magic mushrooms and gets a strawberry – apparently the mushrooms are really magic! To collect the rent you mouse over the coins, they are not automatically collected but you don’t have to send a worker. For the trade buildings you have to send a worker and then mouse over the resources, not ideal, but okay.

The one thing that I did like was that the workers hang around the spot that they were last working and then after a while will start walking slowly back to their home. This meant that you were not always waiting for a worker to run from home as there was often a worker in the vicinity.

There is some strategy involved in that you have to choose what to do first and that will determine if you finish with three stars. So even though it seems like a slow, easy game at first, I found enough of a challenge for us, must-get-three-stars-junkies, to keep me playing.

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Feb 26, 14 3:30 AM
When are the developers going to get the word that there are many people out there who enjoy a game without having to rush and keep one eye on the timer? This particular game is well made, lovely graphics, the usual tasks which is fine, BUT that timer is there and you have to pay attention to it or else do the level over again. Very disappointing and a doubtful purchase for me.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Feb 26, 14 6:22 AM

Edited on 02/26/2014 at 9:07:19 AM PST

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Feb 26, 14 6:22 AM

Edited on 02/26/2014 at 9:08:21 AM PST

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Feb 26, 14 6:33 AM
Janette did an awesome job of reviewing this game, and I totally agree. The graphics are great and that is a biggie to me.
And yes for those that don't like timers, I am sure you could convey to the people that make these games to include a relaxed mode!
This has been said again and again, easy to forward that info in my opinion. However I am one that thrives on the timer and is such a rush to make it to 3 stars. I hope we continue to see more quality games as this one.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Feb 26, 14 6:36 AM

Edited on 02/26/2014 at 9:09:17 AM PST

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Feb 26, 14 6:45 AM

Edited on 02/26/2014 at 9:10:19 AM PST

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

Welcome to the Forums AS16000

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Feb 26, 14 7:24 AM
[Removed by Moderator]

Edited: I would like to comment on your graphics. They are some of the best I've ever seen. Would have thought I was opening a high end HOS from the clarity of the library in the opening scene. Excellent job. I will admit that your timer is very generous in the opening levels but have a feeling that it's going to get much harder as you progress. With the adjustment you have offered it will be a buy for me.

Edited on 02/26/2014 at 9:11:40 AM PST

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Feb 26, 14 7:33 AM

Edited on 02/26/2014 at 9:12:06 AM PST

zephyr369
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by zephyr369 on Feb 26, 14 7:47 AM

Edited on 02/26/2014 at 9:12:23 AM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Feb 26, 14 9:12 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Fable of Dwarfs here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Fable of Dwarfs.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgDeveron

Edited on 02/26/2014 at 12:00:49 PM PST

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Feb 26, 14 9:31 AM

Edited on 02/26/2014 at 5:42:46 PM PST

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Feb 26, 14 9:46 AM

Edited on 02/26/2014 at 5:43:07 PM PST

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Feb 26, 14 10:38 AM
Ha ha! I think BFG are as excited about issuing two TM games in two days as some of us are!
Actually didn't get to try the one from yesterday (but downloaded it and about to) plus it's March already at the end of this week so am buying only one at the moment... (My sixth punch yayy!!) So I just tried this one - played 20 minutes from the trial and enough for me to know I'm buying it.
Very nice graphics indeed! Nice and clear, music and sounds are friendly too. This actually reminds me more of the wonderful Royal Envoy series than anything. I really love these types of games and this seems very charming and friendly indeed. Can't review more than that at this point but definitely buying it and going to play...

Oh as for timers - I think you shouldn't fear those so much but it's only fair to have few modes to play in, I absolutely second that motion. But not only timeless as some of do like that timer

Thanks BFG for bringing us such games. Again a totally new one as tomorrows game today, a very nice surprise!!

Edited on 02/26/2014 at 11:12:57 AM PST

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Feb 26, 14 10:47 AM
Lovely, lovely graphics! However, I do wish that developers would allow those of us with older, creakier hands to play. Not only is there no "relaxed" option, but if you don't finish a level within their time you get booted and have to start all over again. This makes for a definite no-buy for me, and I deleted the game, which is too bad.

adinah
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by adinah on Feb 26, 14 11:20 AM
I have to say that while the game is very similar to others I have played in the last year, I have been enjoying it.
It would have been nice to be able to chain the tasks by clicking while the workers are finishing up their current task. I have missed a few levels at 3 stars because I was getting ahead of the workers (as you can with Northern Tales and some others).

I enjoy the way the king says what he thinks and his deputy rephrases it to be politically correct.
I was gifted this by my daughter to lift the winter blues - and it has been a nice distraction.

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Feb 26, 14 12:27 PM
mgpaquin wrote:Lovely, lovely graphics! However, I do wish that developers would allow those of us with older, creakier hands to play. Not only is there no "relaxed" option, but if you don't finish a level within their time you get booted and have to start all over again. This makes for a definite no-buy for me, and I deleted the game, which is too bad.

Thanks for that info about no "relaxed" option, mgpaquin, I detest those games that ya have to keep replaying a level....starting over is to time consuming, not to mention, boring for me....ends up getting on my nerves....fast!!! Sounds like a fun game, one I'll miss out on, oh well....Viking Saga 2 is out at the other place, looks like I'm heading there!

Take care~

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Feb 26, 14 1:29 PM
This game reminds me of Royal Envoy which is my favorite game. The graphics aren't quite as good as Royal Envoy, but otherwise it's excellent!! It's a buy for me!

calypso5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by calypso5 on Feb 26, 14 2:04 PM
Thanks to all that informed us that there is no relaxed mode. I wish all the time management/strategy type games could be played untimed because like some others I won't buy one that is timed. I wish BFG would at least let us know in the description of the game what the play modes are.

Go to: