TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

So any changes made to the new-fangled neighbor's list?

[Post New]by TnTexas on Feb 26, 14 12:16 PM
I trimmed my list back to about 50 yesterday so that mine all load at once. (Made sure I kept those I hear from regularly) Downside to having done that is that I have no idea whether or not the developers did anything to rectify the mess they created with it a couple of days ago.

So anybody requiring more than one loading attempt to get all their neighbors loaded notice any changes to the system with this upgrade that added chapter 14? Or are we still waiting for some kind of fix for that?

Edited on 02/26/2014 at 12:17:46 PM PST

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

Re:So any changes made to the new-fangled neighbor's list?

[Post New]by moosetracker on Feb 26, 14 12:35 PM
There was an editorial on Facebook yesterday.. Thought it interesting.

The game will only display incoming gifts/messages for friends that are currently *loaded*.

We are only loading 50 at a time so that your game isn't bogged down. So, it may appear that gifts keep disappearing and reappearing.

Your gifts are not lost, but the neighbors that are loaded at the time affect what gifts you see.

The Dark Manor team is working on a solution that will show your gifts, even if the neighbor isn't "loaded" at the time.

Seems like they are working on the gifts not showing up if the neighbor isn't loaded, but they do not see the problem with having to continually scroll to the bottom and hit "See more" to visit neighbors that are not loaded in the first group.. Continually, over and over and over again, after every visit to every neighbor or HOS scene played..

We will see when it is fixed.. .

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

So any changes made to the new-fangled neighbor's list?

[Post New]by eli173 on Feb 26, 14 12:44 PM
TnTexas wrote:I trimmed my list back to about 50 yesterday so that mine all load at once. (Made sure I kept those I hear from regularly) Downside to having done that is that I have no idea whether or not the developers did anything to rectify the mess they created with it a couple of days ago.

So anybody requiring more than one loading attempt to get all their neighbors loaded notice any changes to the system with this upgrade that added chapter 14? Or are we still waiting for some kind of fix for that?

Looks the same to me.

Winfrey3
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by Winfrey3 on Feb 26, 14 1:05 PM
I put a help request in to CS after the previous update. My game, played on an iPad, does not load 50 neighbors. It loads varying numbers, usually more than 13 but not anywhere close to 50. If I hit the load more it will load a few more and then either lock up or crash. I managed to get most of my regular neighbors pinned to the top of the list but I would like to see the entire list and edit it. On thee plus side I don't seem to have any other problems playing. Knock wood.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Feb 26, 14 2:59 PM
Facebook Message: The game will only display incoming gifts/messages for friends that are currently *loaded*.

We are only loading 50 at a time so that your game isn't bogged down. So, it may appear that gifts keep disappearing and reappearing.

Your gifts are not lost, but the neighbors that are loaded at the time affect what gifts you see.

The Dark Manor team is working on a solution that will show your gifts, even if the neighbor isn't "loaded" at the time.

In other words - We'll work to arrange it so that all the gifts are loaded; but if you want to return a gift, you will still have to load and scroll through your neighbor list until the gift giver shows up. And if you have a list of people you'd like to visit and send a message to, you still have to reload your neighbors after each visit until the one you want to visit shows up.

Yeah, that Facebook message doesn't sound very promising as far as fixing all of the problems with the setup. Looks like I'll be keeping my neighbor list very small for awhile.

Edited on 02/26/2014 at 3:01:20 PM PST

ShIn3oo6o
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by ShIn3oo6o on Feb 26, 14 3:55 PM
At any given time, I have between 456 to 583 neighbors depending on the time of day and/ or weekend play. Finding neighbors for re-gifting is fast becoming an onerous task. I have to pin them all on the first try and unpin after I visit so I don't miss the people on my backlog list when they re-appear. I don't want to parse the list too severely.

Gifts do not appear if the neighbor is not currently playing. Does this mean that a pinned neighbor will not appear if they are not playing or is that list stable?

I'm not actively inviting neighbors but new invites appear daily. Why is the list still growing? Even with 30 extra premium gifts, I'm still failing behind. Why can't the developers leave the entire list intact for the gifting/ messaging window but leave the visiting list at 50 with the option to load or or load all?

Edited on 02/26/2014 at 5:03:07 PM PST

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Feb 26, 14 4:15 PM
It seems to me that there are a lot of problems that are primarily caused by the huge number of neighbors allowed by the game. Instead of trying to marginally improve the situation by the recent piecemeal loading function which creates more problems than it solves, I think they should set a limit to the tune of 250 to 300 max. It is ridiculous to have hundreds, or even thousands (as I recently read somewhere) of neighbors anyway, and many of them remain just another name on the list, slowing down our game and the servers. Because who can gift or visit such large numbers?

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Feb 26, 14 4:36 PM
I don't Know why you can't just have a button on each gift given, so you can return a gift right from there and not wade thru the whole list of neighbors in search of someone to re-gift?

[Post New]by Meadmanor on Feb 26, 14 4:39 PM
I have pinned those people who I regularly exchange gifts with, well I'm trying to but may have missed a few. This way my pinned neighbors load each time and then I still have the 50 random loads. The pin button is to the left of your neighbors name, it looks like a pushpin/thumbtack.

Edited on 02/26/2014 at 4:39:49 PM PST

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Feb 26, 14 5:01 PM
moosetracker wrote:I don't Know why you can't just have a button on each gift given, so you can return a gift right from there and not wade thru the whole list of neighbors in search of someone to re-gift?

I think this is a fabulous idea! I would love it if it worked this way!

Creepy_Hollow
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by Creepy_Hollow on Feb 27, 14 2:30 AM
TnTexas wrote:
moosetracker wrote:I don't Know why you can't just have a button on each gift given, so you can return a gift right from there and not wade thru the whole list of neighbors in search of someone to re-gift?

I agree. It would be so efficient!

gizzybird
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by gizzybird on Feb 27, 14 3:46 AM
I ended up pinning all of my neighbours as they loaded. That way I can see them all in one list without having to keep clicking to load more BUT that sort of takes away from the intended purpose of the pinning option. I used to get maybe 5 friend requests a week, now I'm being swamped by them all (8 in the space of a couple of hours this morning) I'm starting to wonder if people are actually asking to be my neighbour by themselves or if some new system in the game is just sending out random requests that people don't even know they are asking for. I'm also back to having a lot of lag and freezes .

kuuleiike
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by kuuleiike on Feb 27, 14 4:57 AM
TnTexas wrote:

moosetracker wrote:
I don't Know why you can't just have a button on each gift given, so you can return a gift right from there and not wade thru the whole list of neighbors in search of someone to re-gift?

Creepy_Hollow..

I agree. It would be so efficient!

Add my vote!

as to whether any changes or fixes made to Neighbors' list.. maybe, but that conclusion only due fact now my game's crashing/closing frequently..

DM - Hale O Akalau

Edited on 02/27/2014 at 5:02:44 AM PST

Anafrel
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Anafrel on Feb 27, 14 6:29 AM
This neighbors thing is making me not trust my own eyes! Before this update, I kept my list down around 265 and believe it or not, got to a point where the vast majority of them were familar to me. Now, there are neighbors on my list that I am not at all familiar with; how did they get there, if I didn't invite them or accept their neighbor request?

Also, it seems I'm getting a lot more neighbor requests, and I can't scroll that list to see them all. I can just see that there's a partial one on the bottom, and if I delete one I can see, the list jumps up and there's another partial one on the bottom. So I don't know how long that list is...I would like to be able to see them all and choose. I don't want 1000 neighbors, or several manors with identical or very similar names; too hard to keep track, and since I always try to return a gift when I am gifted, it makes it too easy to accidentally choose the wrong manor (not that it's a big huge deal). Does anyone else have a non-scrolling neighbor request list too?

And, is it my imagination, or have they changed the alphabetical rubrick they previously used when sorting by name? I could be confusing myself there because I'm pinning the people I'm trading gifts with, so my list now looks different...

1313 Mausoleum Drive

kuuleiike
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by kuuleiike on Feb 27, 14 9:01 AM
Tn Texas wrote..
Yeah, that Facebook message doesn't sound very promising as far as fixing all of the problems with the setup. Looks like I'll be keeping my neighbor list very small for awhile.

[sigh] I'm still trimming.. update put me at 492 to go through....

BUT FYI.. I've learned the pinned favorites [those I've been able to find & which is now at 178] expands number shown on opening page.. plus 50 un-pinned..always open in the first page..

DM - Hale O Akalau

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Feb 27, 14 9:12 AM
I had about 300, since I don't search for who I gift, but just gift.. I was fine with leaving everyone unpinned.. I played neighor HOS's all day since we got to play any and could earn more then 400 coins at best.. After I pulled my allotted 10 to 15 gold bars out of my ??? machines, this was a more fun way to earn silver.

So I had to have played 60 to 70 HOS games.. Yet the top reshuffled and I only once or twice had to scroll slightly down to find a neighbor I had not visited..

The pinning permanently to the top would mean I would have had a lot of scrolling to find a neighbor not yet visited..

seasun
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by seasun on Feb 27, 14 3:21 PM
Anafrel wrote:This neighbors thing is making me not trust my own eyes! Before this update, I kept my list down around 265 and believe it or not, got to a point where the vast majority of them were familar to me. Now, there are neighbors on my list that I am not at all familiar with; how did they get there, if I didn't invite them or accept their neighbor request?

Also, it seems I'm getting a lot more neighbor requests, and I can't scroll that list to see them all. I can just see that there's a partial one on the bottom, and if I delete one I can see, the list jumps up and there's another partial one on the bottom. So I don't know how long that list is...I would like to be able to see them all and choose. I don't want 1000 neighbors, or several manors with identical or very similar names; too hard to keep track, and since I always try to return a gift when I am gifted, it makes it too easy to accidentally choose the wrong manor (not that it's a big huge deal). Does anyone else have a non-scrolling neighbor request list too?

And, is it my imagination, or have they changed the alphabetical rubrick they previously used when sorting by name? I could be confusing myself there because I'm pinning the people I'm trading gifts with, so my list now looks different...

I to have the non-scrolling neighbor request list. Was hoping it was a glitch but now am thinking it is something new. I am with you i liked to review the list and make choices...based on names and ....I don't know a feeling.....some I would pass by, others I would delete.... then accept a couple. Next day one I had passed by the day before I would accept....
Finally figured out the pinning thing and have pinned all my neighbors...easier for me and I like to check in regularly on my newbie neighbors....and it seems that by pinning all my neighbors I have calmed down the instant shutdown glitch I was getting when I did visit my neighbors or the list...
seasun

1313 Mausoleum Drive

Plum_crazy
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Plum_crazy on Mar 2, 14 7:59 AM
I began trimming my neighbours list down getting it from 498 to 442 yesterday. I deleted a few more this morning but have logged back on this afternoon to find it now reads that I have 519 neighbours!

Have pinned my "favourite" neighbours & think I'll just have to stop accepting invites or I'll never be able to gift everyone as I'd like to

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Mar 2, 14 9:01 AM
I would accept the neighbors, even if you can't gift.. It helps others play the hidden object blitz game when visiting or upping their energy faster or whatever.. Even if you are not gifting, you are gifting..

Go to: