Post your TECH ISSUES for Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Feb 28, 14 12:33 AM
A thread for your tech issues for this game!

And don't forget theres a Collector's Edition forum where you might find help for your tech issues OR if you get stuck in the game!
Here's the link
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/3706.page

Edited on 02/28/2014 at 8:30:36 AM PST

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians here

[Post New]by jonah11 on Feb 28, 14 7:08 AM
I just started to play the game. When I went to put the angel on the box top there was no box. Also when i look at an item half of it is black. Don't know if it is my computer or the game. I think I tried the CE addition. Is this the one where you collect birds.Thanks for any help.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Feb 28, 14 8:29 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Thanks for starting the tech thread pondprowler.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

4815snow
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by 4815snow on Mar 4, 14 4:02 AM
I have much the same problems as Jonah 11, and even more. In addition I have items in inventory that are there but no pictures. YOu have to hover over the inventory and the name of the object comes up, but no picture. Screen and pointer freeze,, no reason.
I really like this game. but can't play it. Have reinatalled at least 5 times.
I contacted Big Fish and am waiting to find out if a FIX is in the works

Edited on 03/04/2014 at 4:03:06 AM PST

[Post New]by ma7re9 on Mar 6, 14 1:03 PM
HINT BUTTON JUST STATING NOTHING MORE TO DO HERE, AND NOTHING IS HAPPENING WHEN I CLICK VARIOUS ITEMS, STARTED IN THE ACIENT CRYPT AFTER PUTTING CRYSTALS IN CORRECT PLACE.

[Post New]by mezzaninehawkes7 on Mar 7, 14 12:24 AM
Hello: I am at the Castle "Chapter 7" and have encountered a problem with the stone mini game where you have to join the dots, I begin at 1 but can only proceed to number 14, it will not allow me to select number 15, I can select 16 or above but then it retracts my progress to below 14, i return to 14 but cannot select 15, can you please help me.Thank you.
I am on a pc, High end system running Win 7 Ultimate.
Also when I place the pointer on any number I hear a "dink" sound, but no sound when pointer hovers on 15

Edited on 03/07/2014 at 12:30:06 AM PST

[Post New]by mezzaninehawkes7 on Mar 7, 14 7:29 AM
Had to skip the last stone puzzle to continue, now I am at the last stone puzzle of Chapter 8, the one where the numbers are reversed and the same thing has happened as in Chapter 7 but at number 32, and I cannot complete the puzzle without the use of the skip button, each time the number is in the bottom right of the screen just above the map, This game is the worst I have had from Big Fish and I am very upset, it's not the first bugged game I have bought, but I'm beginning to think at 59 years of age I should perhaps stop buying these games and go back to Airfix models.
P.S. Have just completed this game for a second time and the problems are exact

Edited on 03/09/2014 at 11:32:26 AM PST

[Post New]by ma7re9 on Mar 7, 14 9:11 AM
got the crystals sorted out in crypt now the stone owls will not move when clicking on them, good game spoilt by all the glitches coming up.

GramGram4
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by GramGram4 on Mar 11, 14 6:55 AM
I'm having a problem getting the third gold leah out off the ashes. I need this leaf to get an s hook to connect the chain and then insert a rod. I have used everything in my inventory on the ashes but to no avail. I'm stuck and can't move on. Any suggestions please. Thank you.

[Post New]by mezzaninehawkes7 on Mar 14, 14 11:46 AM
GramGram4 wrote:I'm having a problem getting the third gold leah out off the ashes. I need this leaf to get an s hook to connect the chain and then insert a rod. I have used everything in my inventory on the ashes but to no avail. I'm stuck and can't move on. Any suggestions please. Thank you.

Hi: I know where your at, the third leaf is located on the right wall behind a brick, as I recall you inspect the brick to access it and remove the leaf, try reading the walkthrough on site here is the link, select chapter 5 and it explains better : http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/walkthrough/mystery-of-the-ancients-three-guardians-strategy-guide-hints-cheats-codes-tips-tricks/#7Good luck.

[Post New]by modelmama on Mar 18, 14 4:07 PM
I have been playing the game for many hours and many days. When I started the game today i noticed my inventory was almost empty and I had lost a lot of the tools that were in there. Then I saw that areas I had solved were now back to being unsolved. The map no longer indicated active areas. The skip did not recharge. The game timer was at 3 minutes instead of at least 2 hours. If I clicked on any part of the map it was as if I never played the game at all. Everything I unlocked, cleaned up, dug up, put back together etc was back to the way it was. The amulet that was mostly reassembled was missing most of its parts. I was almost at the end of the game and have no interest in playing it all over again. So frustrating. Anyone else have this problem?

cgFL
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by cgFL on Mar 20, 14 2:54 PM
modelmama wrote:I have been playing the game for many hours and many days. When I started the game today i noticed my inventory was almost empty and I had lost a lot of the tools that were in there. Then I saw that areas I had solved were now back to being unsolved. The map no longer indicated active areas. The skip did not recharge. The game timer was at 3 minutes instead of at least 2 hours. If I clicked on any part of the map it was as if I never played the game at all. Everything I unlocked, cleaned up, dug up, put back together etc was back to the way it was. The amulet that was mostly reassembled was missing most of its parts. I was almost at the end of the game and have no interest in playing it all over again. So frustrating. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes! I'm having all the same problems (Mac game). It seems to happen when I exit out of the game and then start back up, a lot of progress is lost, no Hint button, map no longer shows current tasks available, etc. VERY frustrating!

[Post New]by Zupergreen on Mar 23, 14 12:59 PM
cgFL wrote:
modelmama wrote:I have been playing the game for many hours and many days. When I started the game today i noticed my inventory was almost empty and I had lost a lot of the tools that were in there. Then I saw that areas I had solved were now back to being unsolved. The map no longer indicated active areas. The skip did not recharge. The game timer was at 3 minutes instead of at least 2 hours. If I clicked on any part of the map it was as if I never played the game at all. Everything I unlocked, cleaned up, dug up, put back together etc was back to the way it was. The amulet that was mostly reassembled was missing most of its parts. I was almost at the end of the game and have no interest in playing it all over again. So frustrating. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes! I'm having all the same problems (Mac game). It seems to happen when I exit out of the game and then start back up, a lot of progress is lost, no Hint button, map no longer shows current tasks available, etc. VERY frustrating!

Me three! Also Mac. I wrote to tell about it, but I just got a standard mail with how to fix tecnical issues with my computer. But I'm absolutely sure, that this is a problem with the game itself! I'm stuck now

teacherme
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by teacherme on Mar 23, 14 3:53 PM
OK, now I'm sure that this is a tech issue with this game in the MAC format.

What a great game...but I also came back to it following a break and found that things were missing, hint button was gone, mini games to be replayed, no way to backtrack to redo all that had been accomplished....such confusion. But the game was so wonderful that I did something I've never done - I started over with a new profile. At a similar spot the same thing happened! Now I'm just frustrated and sad. I'll never find out what happens to Stephen and what's-her-name.

I will write an email explaining the problem. If my tech problems are justified, Big Fish has never failed to compensate me with a free game. Their help people respond within a day and are so kind and positive.

Keep swimming, Fishies!

cgFL
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by cgFL on Mar 25, 14 11:19 AM
I just contacted Big Fish about this. We'll see what happens. I really want to finish this game, it's a great one!

[Post New]by mollyfish01 on Mar 25, 14 11:32 AM
Same problems with this game as other are having on MAC. I got 3/4 of the way through the game and exited out for the day; next day I went back and all my inventory was gone; said I had only been playing for 6 minutes; had to attempt to re-do some scenes; some puzzles won't work, etc., etc. Doesn't help at all to uninstall and reinstall. VERY FRUSTRATING!

Ultrex
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Ultrex on Mar 30, 14 1:38 PM
I have a PC and am having the same kind of problem. I have the items in my inventory but it will not let me use them. It says Nothing To do Here. Hind button will not work either or the map shows nothing else to do. I reinstalled the game and got back to the same place and have the problem again. Not sure where I am but I can not place the Numbers on the stone, I have all 3 they all came at one time but I can not use them.

[Post New]by mlmoser on Apr 14, 14 8:15 PM
Any word on a fix for the Mac issue? I was nearly done with the game: had just gotten staff out of the giant crystal. The next time I started up the game, the vines (which I had already killed) were back in place in front of the crystal and much game progress was lost. The hint button is blacked out and does not charge.

Is there any recourse with BigFish for credit if they do not fix this problem shortly?

jas47
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by jas47 on Jun 24, 14 1:41 PM
I'm having the same problems all the other MAC computers are. Has there been a solution yet from the techs?

[Post New]by NicknMary on Jul 8, 14 1:30 AM
Me too on a Mac, quit game came back and some tasks I;d done were no longer done and I'm stuck! Anyone hear from BF?

Go to: