Post your TECH ISSUES for True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Mar 1, 14 12:33 AM
A thread for your tech issues for this game!

Edited on 03/01/2014 at 8:25:58 AM PST

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 1, 14 12:46 AM
I don't see the pictures.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Mar 1, 14 1:26 AM
Cupboard door in the kitchen will not open. I opened all the drawers and cupboards but the crucial one under the sink won't. I tried the hint button and that tells me it should open. I then looked at the guide and it shows it open. I went back and have clicked all over the door to no avail. I can now go no further.

taigood
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by taigood on Mar 1, 14 2:07 AM
Same here.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Mar 1, 14 2:26 AM
Thank goodness someone else is having the same problem. Thought it was just me. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it but it has made no difference. It's a shame as it was looking to be a good game, but unless I can get into the cupboard I have nothing else I can do to go forward.
So no game this week (unless you like 'furry helpers' which I hate), and that makes the 'buy a CE get one for $1.99' redundant for me.

[Post New]by Tartanpimpernel on Mar 1, 14 2:29 AM
You have to close all the drawers before the cupboard door at the sink will open - took me a while too. Creepy game.

sfr8rfan
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by sfr8rfan on Mar 1, 14 2:36 AM
I installed the game for the hourlong trial
a. Not long after I began the game crashed and I restarted. No alarms yet.
b. After playing for a couple minutes the second crash happened. First alarm goes off.
c. After returning from the second crash I could no longer move my mouse without left clicking. My trackpad doesn't work at all. A second alarm is added.

As soon as I leave the game everything is fine with my mouse...as I type this my mouse is working perfectly.

In the past I've encountered problems because the game I was playing, even though it was a new game, was not compatible with the latest Mac Operating system. I wonder if that's the case here?

I'll be very disappointed if it is.
I'm going to extract the game and re-install it. I'm guessing I will lose the remaining 57 minutes of trial period. That will bug m a lot and I will not buy this game if this happens...but I'm getting ahead of myself... I will report back soon...

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Mar 1, 14 2:58 AM
My copy of the demo failed to install. It comes up "installation failed", I click, give it the permission all my games ask for, and then it goes back to "installation failed".

Not to worry, I didn't need the demo, knew I was buying this, so bought it and downloaded the full game. EXACTLY the same problem.

I'm on Windows 7, Google Chrome, have all the latest updates. Will now redownload, But I am not hopeful.

Terrible! I have been waiting for this game forever!

[Post New]by nyloracyevrah on Mar 1, 14 4:53 AM
As soon as the message in the answering machine finished, the game froze. I had to use control, alt, delete to get out of the program....

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Mar 1, 14 5:31 AM
Everything played fine until I got to the television scene, then the game froze. I don't see where this is scary at all. Actually, it is quite ordinary. I won't bother trying to fix it.

kangoods
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kangoods on Mar 1, 14 6:25 AM
I bought it and made it to the HOS in the bathroom and it will not let me get the X it keeps on picking up the scrub brush instead

dorish2
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by dorish2 on Mar 1, 14 6:38 AM
you have to clean the footprint with the brush . the X is underneath . Hope that helps.

Doreen

[Post New]by khefre on Mar 1, 14 6:39 AM
Game (Trial) locked during the first few minutes of play, wouldn't let Task Manager close it, had to restart. Second game in as many months with the problem. Using Windows 8, 64 bit, more than adequate specs.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 1, 14 8:25 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

geezerhundmom
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by geezerhundmom on Mar 1, 14 9:07 AM
Game froze on a door - but most of the way through the trial. Had to CTRL-ALT-DEL to do anything. But no matter - horrid game anyhow!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Mar 1, 14 9:38 AM
It froze at the very beginning during the look into the darkened room. I had to CNT/ALT/DEL to get out of it. It started out too unpleasant for me anyway but I was willing to give it a try. The Freeze issue settled it for me - NO BUY. Sorry.

cajued
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by cajued on Mar 1, 14 9:43 AM
Hi everyone.
After the trial, I bought the game. While I was playing, it shut down several times, and now, I was playing the bonus, and tell me "Your profile has been corrupted and removed. Start a new game".

sfr8rfan
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by sfr8rfan on Mar 1, 14 11:37 AM
TO THE MODERATOR:
What would be nice is if, knowing that there are a lot of technical issues out of the box, the tech team and customer support would be proactive and try to find out what's going on instead of waiting around for people to contact them.

If people are having so many problems it means there's a systemic problem. Does BFG do diagnostics on a game? Why do you have to wait to hear a formal complaint. There's obviously something wrong. I'd think you'd want to get to the bottom of it as a service to your customers, not wait for some formal process to take its course.

I'm sure you'll remove this post because it's not complimentary...so be it.

Mark J. Lewis

sfr8rfan
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by sfr8rfan on Mar 1, 14 11:52 AM
Moderator: Just an FYI: I'm doing my part. I ran a Dr. Felix diagnostic and am turning in the results....
I don't want you to think I just complain, complain, complain and don't do what I'm supposed to do!
Mark

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Mar 1, 14 1:27 PM
I too am having the same problem with once the footprint is cleaned with the brush the X is visible but it will not let me pick up the X only the cleaning brush. I have tried to place the brush in all areas surrounding the X and on the X just in case not all of the area was cleaned but to no avail. So, I cannot proceed any further in this game until this glitch is fixed.

Edited on 03/01/2014 at 1:27:46 PM PST

Go to: