cocky2
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

punches

[Post New]by cocky2 on Mar 1, 14 8:07 AM
Is it just for this sale that you will receive one punch for each CE.?
If I buy a CE the regular way will I get three punches?

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:punches

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 1, 14 8:14 AM
I just bought 2 CE's using the PLAY code and got 6 punches, so you do get 3 for each CE

Paige63
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Paige63 on Mar 1, 14 8:16 AM
I just bought 2 CE games that were on the list of games that qualify and I received 3 punches for each game. I don't know if you buy a CE not on the list you will get 3 punches.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Mar 1, 14 8:20 AM
Thanks for that info, I was wondering how many punches if we used the sale code. The help article states "one punch for every CE purchased" so I guess that's an error...but lately you never know! I just hope a moderator drops in and gets it fixed.

cocky2
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by cocky2 on Mar 1, 14 8:38 AM
thanks everyone for the help

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Mar 1, 14 10:05 AM
read61 wrote:Thanks for that info, I was wondering how many punches if we used the sale code. The help article states "one punch for every CE purchased" so I guess that's an error...but lately you never know! I just hope a moderator drops in and gets it fixed.

Hi Read ,

This is the extra punch card on Mondays!!!

I bought 2 CEs now and I got a free game (a pcc)!!!

Have fun ,
M.

constantfire
Shark
Shark
12,978 Posts

[Post New]by constantfire on Mar 1, 14 6:13 PM
Hi Min! Just saw your name and wanted to leave you a hug!! Miss you!

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Mar 1, 14 7:13 PM
constantfire wrote:Hi Min! Just saw your name and wanted to leave you a hug!! Miss you!

miss you too : heart: !!!

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Mar 2, 14 10:23 AM
read61 wrote:Thanks for that info, I was wondering how many punches if we used the sale code. The help article states "one punch for every CE purchased" so I guess that's an error...but lately you never know! I just hope a moderator drops in and gets it fixed.

The mod would appear to be busy with other things. Maybe this thread will stay open because it relates to this weekend's sale and the "one punch per CE" error.

I just wanted to comment to read61, who posted the voice of reason in the now locked thread about Greed. I totally agree that the outcry and angst is about the timing and lack of notification, not a change to a perk that possibly proved to be less profitable for the company. (I suspect the punch card perk will soon disappear all together -- it really doesn't fit anywhere in the F2P model.)

What BFG seems to have lost is the art of making the customer feel appreciated before they sit down to count their profits. Hopefully this incident will reawaken the spirit BFG once had for providing excellent customer relations.

edit -- apparently the Greed thread is no longer locked -- I am so confused.

Edited on 03/02/2014 at 10:26:22 AM PST

Mazou884
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Mazou884 on Mar 2, 14 4:48 PM
Well said Shorenuf. I also emailed BFG on Friday and got an answer today, a Sunday. I really did not expect anything, but they did give me a non-expiring coupon code. After commenting a bit in a few posts, I figured it would be fair to also mention this outcome. Makes me feel a little better. Like others said, I'll just be more careful how I spend and won't pay much attention to the punch card anymore. It was nice while it lasted. Oh, and I really don't like FTP, had to get that in there. Hopefully, this site won't change completely. I'd really miss it.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Mar 2, 14 5:08 PM
Shorenuf and Min! Just wanted to mention that, last Monday when I found out about the change to the PCC punches, I sent an e-mail to CS (at the time I thought it was a glitch). I heard back within 24 hrs and got an explanation and a free code for an SE game. The code had already expired though, but I got another e-mail immediately after the first one with a code for a CE game, expiring in a week. It would appear that CS was on the ball with this one and doing what they could to make members feel better. It doesn't change the fact that BFG handled this poorly (no prior notification and right before the end of the month), but hopefully the "higher-ups" will take note of this for future reference. They could have avoided a lot of negative feelings if they had just used a little common sense!

Go to: