Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

I Will Buy Without Relaxed Mode (its not needed anyway)

[Post New]by Yaelle on Mar 1, 14 3:57 PM
I just wanted to add this. I see post after post after post on all games about this. I know that it is some peoples' preference to have those, but it bothers me becauseit makes it seem like potential players will be turned off and not even consider buying certain games, everytime someone writes up one of those all caps I AM NOT GOING TO BUY THIS!!! posts.
So I just want to put my two cents in that not everyone feels that way AND that its not always the story that there is no untimed mode or that the game is unplayable or.whatever the case may be.

VimsenGrr
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

I Will Buy Without Relaxed Mode (its not needed anyway)

[Post New]by VimsenGrr on Mar 2, 14 11:40 AM
Yaelle wrote:I just wanted to add this. I see post after post after post on all games about this. I know that it is some peoples' preference to have those, but it bothers me becauseit makes it seem like potential players will be turned off and not even consider buying certain games, everytime someone writes up one of those all caps I AM NOT GOING TO BUY THIS!!! posts.
So I just want to put my two cents in that not everyone feels that way AND that its not always the story that there is no untimed mode or that the game is unplayable or.whatever the case may be.

*thumbs up*

adinah
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Re:I Will Buy Without Relaxed Mode (its not needed anyway)

[Post New]by adinah on Mar 2, 14 4:57 PM
I agree. Most of the time amounts are very generous and 3 stars can be achieved on the first or second try. I will look for a different strategy on this forum for the few levels that I have 2 stars on.

The game continues even with 1 star and is quite funny in the commentary-better than Royal Envoy. Give it a chance.

sue2bleu
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by sue2bleu on Mar 3, 14 5:01 AM
I find it funny that people looking for good TM games don't want to play with any time constraints.

Ducelick
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Ducelick on Mar 3, 14 9:49 AM
Sometimes folks just don't want to have to worry about a timer.

I have an elderly cousin that I helped set up with a computer. She stayed away from playing most games because of the timer. Now she enjoys more games because she knows she can play it without one.

Always best not to judge others by our own standards.

palegoldfish
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by palegoldfish on Mar 30, 14 6:04 AM
Some TM's will allow you to keep playing even if the timer runs out, but others make you play the level over again. The people who review the games (thanks for doing so) could let the people reading their reviews know which games do which. I know that some do and I really appreciate that.

Edited on 05/10/2014 at 12:07:36 PM PST

[Post New]by pretendimnothere on Mar 30, 14 9:26 AM
When you start playing the game, you are not playing expert, you are playing the regular mode. I can get everyone except the last level with three stars. I can't imagine playing expert yet lol.

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Apr 16, 14 1:59 AM
It is needed!!!!!
I bought by mistake thinking you could play on once time had run out, but NO!!!' The game opens up in Expert mode.....there is no way to change this.....I play for relaxation and enjoyment. Having to rush to do things is not enjoyment in my book.....We should be given the choice, then everyone is happy.
To me it was a waist of a credit....

[Post New]by faeriepatch on Apr 20, 14 5:48 PM
In defense of Relaxed Mode and TM games... I do need Relaxed mode. To me, TM can be the most relaxing of all the genres. The strategy is usually very simple and you can just wander through the levels enjoying the building or clearing the roads etc without the demands of the other puzzle genres and the frustration of HO. Of course use the timer for challenge, if challenge is what you need. For me 'casual games' are to escape from the challenge of everyday life and just unwind. I do buy TMs without relaxed mode because I love them so much, but I rarely finish to the final level and that can be really disappointing.
P.S. I am still playing Fable of Dwarfs without much problem with the timer, but that is a rare quality in many TM.

Edited on 04/20/2014 at 6:03:25 PM PST

loriaudio
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by loriaudio on Aug 5, 14 12:57 PM
speak for yourself i play for enjoyment having to beat a timer IS NOT MY IDEA OF ENJOYMENT believe me if i had known you couldnt play on after the timer ran out i wouldnt have purchased it

loriaudio
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by loriaudio on Aug 5, 14 1:04 PM
another thing if this game even has a relaxed mode(why make it so difficult to switch to it?)( makes absolutely no sense)

Edited on 08/05/2014 at 1:05:33 PM PST

loriaudio
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

changing the mode

[Post New]by loriaudio on Aug 6, 14 2:28 PM
has ahybody figured out how to switch modes?my game is stuck on expert mode i am not a happy camper btw i've uninstalled an reintalled the game 2x it doesnt help.again NOT HAPPY. is there a way to contact the developers? they would know what to do

Go to: