Help getting Gold

[Post New]by happylabs717 on Mar 1, 14 10:37 PM
Anyone have some tips on how to achieve the gold on levels 13 on up? I have played them over and over and tried everything I can think of.

Thanks.

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:Help getting Gold

[Post New]by Janette5 on Mar 2, 14 3:26 AM
In some cases I've been unable to get gold - but here are some tips and tricks:

1. Money

If you need money, on some levels you need to get the money first and then spend it on upgrades to get gold. On other levels you have to upgrade first. So try both strategies. Here's a trick, once you have enough meat send the pigs with the last truckload to the market, they are worth a lot of money.

2. Machines

Some of the machines on the levels are there to trick you, by ignoring them you make more money i.e. if you don't need the product and you don't need the money, don't keep making products through that machine - play around with this, the time taken to feed this extra machine means you don't have time to react to the other machines in time.

3. Produce

In later levels you can upgrade your produce beyond 6 to a maximum of 12. The produce grows slower than the machines produce them, so always plant too much so that your machines are not sitting idle - ditto for the pigs. But watch your fridge levels and don't harvest them if your fridge is full and you can't upgrade it.

4. Starting goods

Here again there are tricks and different strategies. Sometimes it works to first sell it all and use the money, sometimes it works better to keep it and make a more expensive product from it - try both strategies.

5. Selling strategy and Machines

If you need money for upgrades or for the level goal, sell all your surplus goods, don't leave more in the machines queue than they need for the next round, sell it
and get the money. In other words you can queue 3 in the machine but by the time it is going to need the 3rd product you'll have made it or grown it, that product is wasted sitting in the queue. Sell it, don't queue it. Only queue it on levels you don't need the money or if you need the storage space.

(Best strategy - play it only when you're drunk and not worried about 3 stars ...)

[Post New]by happylabs717 on Mar 2, 14 4:48 AM
Thanks so much for the info. I will try your suggestions.

hughchik
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by hughchik on Mar 5, 14 10:13 AM
ROFL Love your best strategy Janette5

[Post New]by DimeRed on Mar 5, 14 10:15 AM
I have a major tip here:
Machines with fully loaded queue works 30% faster!

Also don't forget: upgraded trucks move faster. Sometimes it's crucial to upgrade your truck to receive gold rating (but sometimes not).
If you can't made it in gold time, maybe you just need to upgrade some recipes to “premium” (selling “premium” food gives you more money). Just play the game to the point where “Premium recipe” becomes available, upgrade and try the level again.

Edited on 03/05/2014 at 10:17:23 AM PST

marbleann1
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by marbleann1 on Mar 19, 14 6:46 PM
See I wanted ask how to speed those machines up. The oven is so slow. Also IMO the customers are a distraction if money is not a goal. So you are saying keep the cue full to make them faster. Upgrading just makes for longer cues.

[Post New]by silverdove50 on Mar 20, 14 10:51 AM
I agree on the "Best Strategy"! Rum works for me At least it isn't quite so aggravating when you can't get gold - like on level 67. Grrrrrr.

Go to: