cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Mar 1, 14 11:28 PM
All of you complaining about the lack of a punch on a PCC (apart from bonus punch Mondays) have actually nothing to complain about; apart from BFG not informing us that this was going to change!

We have all taken advantage of this loophole for some time and should just be grateful for that.

You do not get something for nothing these days and I am only surprised this has gone on so long.

Sorry if I have annoyed anyone but this is the truth.


Edited on 03/01/2014 at 11:29:54 PM PST


 
BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Mar 1, 14 11:36 PM
I'm going to use the pccs on Mondays
to get the punch.

Also, they still give punches for the $2.99 games
so I'm a happy fishie.


 
RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Mar 1, 14 11:44 PM
That is all I complained about--the fact that we weren't told. I can live with the decision, no problem, but to think you're going to fill your punch card and then at the last minute you don't, is a little disturbing. And, may I ask how you found out that pccs go towards punches on Mondays? I hadn't heard that one. Thank you.

 
BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Mar 1, 14 11:47 PM
I used 1 on Monday, got a bonus punch.



On your punch card page under your account,
now when you use a pcc on Monday it just shows
a bonus punch.


 
RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Mar 1, 14 11:52 PM
OK, thank you. I wonder when this went into effect, because the other PCC I used was on February 13th, and it counted towards my punch card. I just think it's kind of strange that they would change it during the month. But, obviously they did.

 
BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by BearKat on Mar 1, 14 11:53 PM
RaceCat3 wrote:That is all I complained about--the fact that we weren't told. I can live with the decision, no problem, but to think you're going to fill your punch card and then at the last minute you don't, is a little disturbing. And, may I ask how you found out that pccs go towards punches on Mondays? I hadn't heard that one. Thank you.



Due to recent changes in the Game Club Punch Card program, redeeming a Punch Card coupon code for a free game will no longer earn a punch on your punch card. You can still get a bonus punch for using your Punch Card coupon code during a Bonus Punch promotion.


The quote above is located on the top of the pages on the bfg Help Site.
BK

 

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by pondprowler on Mar 2, 14 12:59 AM
Not GREED and not "LOOPHOLE" its what BFG ALLOWED.
I havent seen anyone mad they changed it, only mad they did it with no TELLING anyone!!! If they said so before and we knew, would not have been mad, I bet ya.
People got stuck with almost full punch cards and bought games with PCC to fill them, but DIDN'T. That's what makes people mad!!

Why do you call people "greedy" when their not? Just followingwhat BFG always said we could do!
To make people NOT mad,they should have changed it at the start of a new month! DUH! And TOLD us first!
And, even after the change some of the help pages and even the emails for the PCC codes said you get a punch for them!

 
cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Mar 2, 14 2:31 AM
Well I am sorry pondprowler but I beg to differ; if I used 3 PCCs on a Monday knowing I would get 6 punches rather than any other day of the week and only get 3, I was being greedy and I admit it. No where have I seen it written that BFG said we could do it. Unless you are an employee of BFG you cannot say they allowed it, they may not have realised and perhaps it has just been picked up on and that could be why it has changed in haste; therefor a loophole but it is only my opinion.

I have seen people mad because it has changed, I have seen people writing they will finish with BFG because of it, so that rather proves that they are greedy - again just my opinion.

I agree we should have been told first, after all they send out enough emails, and that it would start at the beginning of a month. I was lucky, because of my financial position now, I haven't been buying many games but did so recently when I had to release funds to repair my fried computer and my punches were all cleared; normally I too would have been in a rush to use them before the end of the month so would have been caught out as well.

edited to change "be" to "been"

Edited on 03/02/2014 at 2:33:21 AM PST


 
hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Mar 2, 14 2:54 AM
I can only speak for myself. As a longtime member I paid full price for all my games. I cannot take advantage of the great Bundle sales they have because I own all of them and paid full price like many other longtime members.

I would love to take advantage of Bundle sales. I think what you are hearing is just frustration of longtime members that Live Chat has gone, Chit Chat has gone, and now this.

I have been wanting to cancel my membership for a while now, simply because the games are glitchy. But I worry that my unplayed games will still work.

I always loved BF and I always will. It's just that by being a member we give BF a guaranteed monthly revenue they can count on to run their business, especially during holiday months when sales drop off. They talk of benefits but these are disappearing.

That's all. There used to be real benefits. Now it seems they prefer cash over anything else.

I for one am just frustrated at all the great "advantages" to membership that have disappeared. This used to be a great fun site to chat with other gamers and no harm was done. Many gamers were able to give coupons they couldn't use away to other gamers. It was like a community.

I miss it, and I know many others do too.

JMHO

Edited on 03/02/2014 at 2:57:17 AM PST


 
BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Mar 2, 14 3:22 AM
I'm not trying to sway you one way or another
but check other game sites before you quit.
I was on several before a friend introduced me to BFG.
They had NO customer service, games were more expensive,
there were no perks, and the monthly game credit had
a 3 month experation date.
Here, your game credits don't expire.

I finally could take advantage of this last bundle sale,
for the first time, but I thought I had all weekend to buy.



 
RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Mar 2, 14 7:44 AM
BearKat wrote:
RaceCat3 wrote:That is all I complained about--the fact that we weren't told. I can live with the decision, no problem, but to think you're going to fill your punch card and then at the last minute you don't, is a little disturbing. And, may I ask how you found out that pccs go towards punches on Mondays? I hadn't heard that one. Thank you.



Due to recent changes in the Game Club Punch Card program, redeeming a Punch Card coupon code for a free game will no longer earn a punch on your punch card. You can still get a bonus punch for using your Punch Card coupon code during a Bonus Punch promotion.


The quote above is located on the top of the pages on the bfg Help Site.
BK


Thanks for that info! I figured that it had to be in their "rules" somewhere, I just don't visit the Help section every day (or even every month), nor had I heard about "changes in the Game Club Punch Card program". LOL

 
shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by shagwendy on Mar 2, 14 7:47 AM
cynththemoler wrote:Well I am sorry pondprowler but I beg to differ; if I used 3 PCCs on a Monday knowing I would get 6 punches rather than any other day of the week and only get 3, I was being greedy and I admit it. No where have I seen it written that BFG said we could do it. Unless you are an employee of BFG you cannot say they allowed it, they may not have realised and perhaps it has just been picked up on and that could be why it has changed in haste; therefor a loophole but it is only my opinion.

I have seen people mad because it has changed, I have seen people writing they will finish with BFG because of it, so that rather proves that they are greedy - again just my opinion.

I agree we should have been told first, after all they send out enough emails, and that it would start at the beginning of a month. I was lucky, because of my financial position now, I haven't been buying many games but did so recently when I had to release funds to repair my fried computer and my punches were all cleared; normally I too would have been in a rush to use them before the end of the month so would have been caught out as well.

edited to change "be" to "been"

Where have you seen it written that it's not allowed? Why do you assume BFG didn't know it was happening? When they first started Bonus Punch Monday you could use a PCC and get the bonus punch. After a time or two of that they changed it that PCCs didn't get the bonus punch. After a time or two of that they changed it back to where PCCs did get a bonus punch again. You seem to be calling people greedy for using their codes in a way that's been allowed for over a year. People aren't mad because the policy has been changed, people are mad that it was done with no notice towards the end of the month. We really don't need people calling us 'greedy'.

 
read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by read61 on Mar 2, 14 7:51 AM
I'm not upset about the loss of the punch when using a PCC, I'm upset about the way BFG handled it and about their timing. Why not put something in the newsletter we all get? And why do it just before the end of the month? Had they put it in last weekends' newsletter and made it effective for the first of March then maybe there wouldn't be quite so many upset people. The way this was handled wasn't very professional or very considerate to their members. IMO.

 
bfgMurrumbidgee
Moderator
Moderator
1,338 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Mar 2, 14 9:11 AM
G'day,

We appreciate you guys using the forums to share news and give us feedback.
The feedback about this change is being shared with the appropriate parties throughout the company.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Edited on 03/02/2014 at 10:18:56 AM PST


 
shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by shorenuf on Mar 2, 14 10:33 AM
read61 wrote:I'm not upset about the loss of the punch when using a PCC, I'm upset about the way BFG handled it and about their timing. Why not put something in the newsletter we all get? And why do it just before the end of the month? Had they put it in last weekends' newsletter and made it effective for the first of March then maybe there wouldn't be quite so many upset people. The way this was handled wasn't very professional or very considerate to their members. IMO.


read61, you are the voice of reason! I totally agree that the outcry and angst is about the timing and lack of notification, not a change to a perk that possibly proved to be less profitable for the company. (I suspect the punch card perk will soon disappear all together -- it really doesn't fit anywhere in the F2P model.)

What BFG seems to have lost is the art of making the customer feel appreciated before they sit down to count their profits. Hopefully this incident will reawaken the spirit BFG once had, and apparently enjoyed, for providing excellent customer relations.

 
Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by Robsim on Mar 2, 14 1:01 PM
Hmmm. . .I've been off of the radar (BFG site) for much of the past week and, upon coming back into the site to read the [forums] scoop on this new game (True Fear), I noticed this particular forum topic concerning changes to the Punch Card program. I, myself, am neither in an uproar over the change nor the way Big Fish announced the change (although I can understand/respect the feelings of those that feel differently). However, what caught my attention is how the following clause reads: "You can still get a bonus punch for using your Punch Card coupon code during a Bonus Punch promotion". The tone/message I'm hearing in this statement of "during A bonus punch promotion. . ." is that the Bonus Punch Monday program is going to be eliminated and, in its place, we're going to get special "pop-up"/"when we least expect it" Bonus Punch promotions, such as that of Big Fishes' Members sale, "buy one, get one free" sale, or the Developer Spotlight Sale, etc.!!

Although the notice doesn't state this to be true, that one sentence - alone - leads me to believe otherwise. But, hey. . .I have noooo problems at standing to be corrected!!!

 
FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Mar 2, 14 1:36 PM
The whole 'uproar' in general boils down to MEMBERS feeling angst regarding BFG's changes and there have been MANY in the recent year.... none of which members felt a PART OF as members.

We, in "the pond" have always felt a part of a COMMUNITY and part of said COMMUNITY was BFG... ALL of us, TOGETHER.

When part of the community [BFG] makes changes, subtle or not, WE, as part of the COMMUNITY appreciate and require COMMUNICATIONS and being informed... not behind the scenes... NOT IN SMALL PRINT HIDDEN IN THE ARCHIVES. Most of us have spent hundreds [if not thousands] of $$ with the pond. It's not truly an issue over the monetary aspect "greed"!

When NEW ASPECTS of our POND have changed... with blinking ads, emails announcing sales of gold, etc. ... 'OTHER' types of games popping up informing us of SALES, etc... it would be appreciated if ASPECTS OF OUR MEMBERSHIP THAT WE PAY FOR are ANNOUNCED in a similarly affective form of communication... IF ONLY AN EMAIL!?

The point is: it appears that some members are feeling that BFG is being SHADY (ie greedy) and a simple change can remedy that and that is for BFG To kindly be UPFRONT with us and continue to allow us to FEEL A PART OF THE LARGE COMMUNITY we always felt with BFG by INFORMING US of changes in a professional and community spirited manner.

Informing us is one part. BFG absolutely knows ALL THE LOOP HOLES of it's program... they are a multi-million dollar company and they know their business. It costs them nothing to inform us via email versus a tiny print in the 'facts' which members don't go and check because we basically already know them and are on the site to buy games, review them, read reviews, etc.!? So, IMHO, it's truly not "greed" driving the uproar... it's the lack of communications to the members and resulting unrest of members because of it.

Bottom line, we all love BFG or we wouldn't be here... it's the changes that are being made and with changes, there is going to be unrest. The unrest would be less amplified if BFG would take considerate measures to inform us of upcoming changes in an upfront way.... [and, I may add, changes with additions of new types of games so we don't feel angst that our downloadables are going away] which I believe they are not, but the point being 'communication' to members would solve a LOT of unsettled and restless feelings with many fishies. Send us an email/ give us a membership announcements tab, etc. !? >

 
BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by BearKat on Mar 2, 14 3:27 PM
Well said, FORTUNATUS

BK

 
Mazou884
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by Mazou884 on Mar 2, 14 4:02 PM
Like BearKat just said, well said Fortunatus. May I add, I do not care for the title of this thread (I don't believe for one second that BFG didn't know about the 'loophole'). But I'm grateful that folks here are keeping it on topic. This is the kind of discussion that might get a little respect. Please, please keep it up. As members, we certainly can voice our objections to the way this latest change was handled. Most seem to agree that they understand it, but totally disagree with the way it was done, at the end of the month, without notice. No clue where BFG is headed, but I certainly don't identify with the 'addicted' to tokens crowd, not in real life, not in I-life. OK, I am just mildly addicted to casual games Let's hope that BFG still keep this kind of discussion open, and furthermore treat its members with a little more consideration next time.

 

Totally off Topic - GREED!

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Mar 2, 14 4:06 PM
cynththemoler wrote:All of you complaining about the lack of a punch on a PCC (apart from bonus punch Mondays) have actually nothing to complain about; apart from BFG not informing us that this was going to change!

We have all taken advantage of this loophole for some time and should just be grateful for that.

You do not get something for nothing these days and I am only surprised this has gone on so long.

Sorry if I have annoyed anyone but this is the truth.



cynththemoler:
have you ever LOOKED at the email you get when they send you your PCC?

this is from my latest code i received:

"Congratulations! You earned a FREE game!
Your punch card coupon code:
12345-6789A-BCDEF-GHIJK [NOT the real code, obviously!]

Don't delay! Your coupon code expires on 04.18.2014.

Use your coupon code to get any standard version game on our site, absolutely free. You'll collect a punch for your next card when you redeem your code! "

so, i'm not sure where you get the "greed" and "loophole" from when BFG TELLS us we get a punch for using a PCC right in the email THEY send out! or, actually, we USED to.

PCCs are one of the perks of membership, as was LIVE CHAT. the perks are disappearing without warning, so, IMHO, NO WONDER PEOPLE ARE UPSET.

greed, my eye.

 
 
 
 
Go to: