BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

Reviews for Fatal Passion: Art Prison

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Mar 2, 14 3:41 AM
Based on the Demo of the SE

The storyline is interesting. On your way to your niece's wedding the hot air balloon you are traveling in is attacked by a flying dragon. Your vessel burns, you crash, and begin looking for your niece.

There are lots of bells and whistles, plenty of things to do here, making it well worth the SE price.

The graphics are beautifu, colorful, a little cartoonish in some areas, but very well done, and very captivating. There is nice background music, realistic background sounds like birds and babbling brooks. The narration is clear with good voice overs.

Hidden object scenes are silhoutte type with clear, crisp, colorful objects to find. Mini puzzles were run of the mill, but a lot of fun.

There is an interactive map, a notebook, and a pallette of paints to assist you in gameplay.

Edited on 03/02/2014 at 9:06:44 AM PST

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

Re:Reviews for Fatal Passion: Art Prison

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Mar 2, 14 9:06 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Fatal Passion: Art Prison here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Fatal Passion: Art Prison.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Mar 2, 14 12:36 PM

Fatal Passion Avoids Fatal Mistakes

The story of unrequited, secret love is nothing really new (actually it's quite old), but this was still holding my interest through the trial time. There may be a little too much "help" for some, as the on screen hints pretty much tell you exacttly what object you need to find in order to complete an action.

Painting an object and it comes to life (not a new idea - Drawn, anyone?) but this game manages to pull it off well. Developers can sometimes overly rely on one "trick" but here it does not seem to be over-used. Also, in this game you have to actually make your paint before you can use it.

The bird collectibles are simply fantastic. Beautifully drawn and look almost real. I love birds, and at least some of them appeared to be actual species. However, I could not find a way to view the birds once they were collected - which is a shame. Suggestion for developer: it would have been a WOW to be able to see the collected birds in a separate viewing area, together with their names.

The artwork is done is a semi-realistic style which should be familiar to most fishes. Puzzles and mini games showed some inventiveness or at least a twist on the usual ones. There was one painting/drawing puzzle during the trial (hate those) but I found the others interesting and somewhat more challenging than usual, but not too difficult. Hidden object scenes had several twists thrown in, but were still fairly easy.

I like the game, and if my suggestion above was part of the CE I would consider making this one of the few CE's I own. As it stands, I'll focus my "passion" toward the SE release.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 2, 14 1:43 PM
Afternoon all. Well, my CE review says it all and it still remains the same for the SE version. After playing again, I still feel that this is not CE worthy, but is a nice SE game instead. The only difference is that you don't have birds to collect, or at least I didn't see any. I am going to use a game credit to get this game today. Please see my full CE review below:

Story is a little different than most, even though you are saving the woman as always. Graphics are nice and fairly clear. Colors are pretty dark. So far, everything seems to be happening at night, hopefully that changes and it lightens up. Game play was good, no problems at all. Music was okay and tolerable. I liked how the paintings came to life, which added a bit more fun to the game.

HOPs were nice, items fairly easy to find, not crowded and junky. You had standard HOP, silhouette and "place this where it belongs" type HOPs, which is fun and keeps a game from getting boring quickly. HOPs are repeated. Did not care for the location of the SG. It needs to be on the game page and not on the menu page. Hint system is quite helpful and fills quickly, so you don't really need the SG. Jump map was nice, but I didn't find the need to use it much. Some of the found items within the game were quite small and not easy to see. Most of the puzzles were different and took a bit of thought and time to complete.

You do have birds to collect and believe me, some are very small and difficult to see, but if you look carefully, you will find them. Very disappointed in that this game would have been very nice if it had some sound FX and more voice overs. It was just too quiet. This game is not very challenging, but I did enjoy the puzzles and the story. I'm just not sure it is CE worthy. I will put this one in my puddle and think on it a bit. As I have said before, I sometimes change my mind when the SE comes out and I play it again...I don't usually purchase the CE version though. If I feel it is CE worthy, I will get it now. Not sure what is was, but it just didn't make me want to run out and buy it now.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for today. Thanks for the reviews.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Mar 4, 14 10:51 PM
There is one thing wrong with this game. Having to make paint. Oh, but first you have to find the ingredients to make the paint. Other than that, it would've probably been a pretty good game.

If you relish a lot of running around, you will probably like this game.

Edited on 03/04/2014 at 10:53:00 PM PST

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Mar 6, 14 2:28 PM
I guess it was a good thing this was on sale. I didn't find it a very long game and the ending was just plain ludicris...what was that all about?!

Besides that, the graphics and animations were amzing. Best part of the game I think. Hint and skip recharged quickly. Minigames were old school, tedious and time consuming, and there were a lot of them. I only played one or two. HOS were varied and interactive which made the game interesting.

You moved through the game by releasing people who were the painters victims and you had to find a way to release them before they would give you a clue to the next victim..made it interesting.

Transporter map with active areas and "you are here"...very helpful...I never even looked at the journal...those are such a waste of animation. Somethings to do were not well explained....some confusion now and then.

I can't say it was a real gripper...I played the SE version and from the reviews it doesn't sound like a missed much not getting the CE. I give it a 3 out of 5 for gameplay.

MaryLent
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by MaryLent on Mar 6, 14 6:55 PM
I cannot believe the low response for this game. It is different, fun, and interesting. Give it a try! Better in the 2nd half!

Fifiluna614
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Fifiluna614 on Mar 13, 14 3:24 PM
I loved this game. The realistic artwork is beautiful to look at, which makes a game more enjoyable. The gameplay is pretty straight-forward, and the interactive map always lets you know where action can be taken.

I liked the "make the paint" feature - I felt it added an extra dimension which I've never seen before.

And finally, I thought the ending was very satisfying. So many games leave you hanging in the SE version with a quick ending and no resolution. But this one winds the story up nicely. Like "Sacra Terra", you get to see the villain reap the rewards for his evil deeds, and we game players certainly appreciate that!

Go to: