Post your TECH ISSUES for Hello Venice 2: New York Adventure here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Mar 4, 14 12:35 AM
A thread for your tech issues for this game!

Edited on 03/04/2014 at 9:07:13 AM PST

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Hello Venice 2: New York Adventure here

[Post New]by mistergeorge on Mar 4, 14 7:01 AM
Game is so slow the mouse only drags one stone at a time. Switched off game curser and still slow

[Post New]by weikagloria on Mar 4, 14 7:39 AM
the game does not start

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Mar 4, 14 8:15 AM
I downloaded the demo of this game to give it a try but was unable to play any of it. The second I opened the game, the screen started flashing rapidly . Fortunately, during brief flashes when the picture could be seen, I was able to exit the game.

Since the game seems to have major technical issues (at least on my computer) this is a "no buy" for me.

Happy gaming for fishies who can play it and like it!

Classicaljazz

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 4, 14 9:07 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Great job getting the tech thread started pondprowler!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Mar 4, 14 11:50 AM
The graphics on this game are aggravatingly slow and jerky. It is impossible to swipe through a group of stones as you should be able to do. Instead, you have to move your cursor slowly over each separate stone and wait for it to connect before sliding to the next. Even on the screen where the flowers are falling, in between rounds, they don't fall smoothly. I keep my graphics drivers updated and I play dozens of games with much more intense graphics demands than this with no problems. There is something wrong with this game.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Mar 4, 14 1:32 PM
This game is unbelievably laggy to the point where it is unplayable on my PC. I uninstalled it because if the game starts this poorly, I don't even want to bother.

(And yes, my drivers and everything are also updated.)

[Post New]by Sudser on Mar 5, 14 5:50 PM
Playing on a PC had a really difficult time getting the pointer to select a token and actually drag. Tried with and without custom cursor. Frustrating because I really enjoyed the first version of this game.

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Mar 6, 14 3:22 PM
Same issue as others--when I start to choose a block of tiles the cursor quickly gets 2 or 3 tiles ahead of the selected tiles then quits. Playing on new home built computer with high end components so I know it's up to date and very capable. Game acts as though I'm choosing tiles too fast for it to keep up.

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by dippydebby on Mar 11, 14 5:57 PM
Like others, nothing wrong with my laptop, but this game does not work!
Cursor lags and will not connect.
Surely its the game that is the issue?

[Post New]by bowlfreak_not on Mar 21, 14 5:00 AM
playing on a PC laptop in Windows 8, I was having a hard time selecting gems because the game was so slow. Once I switched off full screen mode, the game worked like a charm - no problems at all. So its a resolution issue apparently??

[Post New]by bowlfreak_not on Mar 21, 14 5:55 AM
okay, so I went and did a bit of looking and here is what I have come up with... on Seppia Interactive's website, (the company that made the game), they say you need a 3D graphics card to run this game. I know my laptop doesn't have quite that kind of graphics processing capability. So yes, allowing the game to run at a lower screen resolution or not in full screen mode and not using the custom cursor should fix the problems people have been experiencing.

Oh, and just in case, to switch off full screen and custom cursor, click on the options menu. You should see toggle boxes for them located there.

Hope this helps!

queenjanis
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by queenjanis on Apr 13, 14 8:16 AM
I didn't drag, I just clicked on the first one and then they last, you don't have to drag. I played the demo fine, I liked it so I bought it, now that I own it I can't get it to open back up. It shows a black screen for a couple of seconds and then just goes away.

[Post New]by llwilliams43 on Apr 14, 14 4:04 PM
I played the game for several days and now it won't start. It appears to start and then just shuts down - it won't open the game. Anyone else having this issue and/or know how to fix it?

queenjanis
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by queenjanis on Apr 17, 14 7:06 AM
I wish they would work the bugs out of this one, I really like it and I play it for hours ! I have to uninstall the game, and restart my computer, and then uninstall and restart my game manager several times a day to get it to work, but once I get it going I play it and I really enjoy it. It is very relaxing and beautiful graphics !

Go to: