bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Reviews for Viking Saga: New World (old)

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 4, 14 9:06 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Viking Saga: New World here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Viking Saga: New World.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

Edited on 03/12/2017 at 12:01:22 PM PST

gwladys99
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:Reviews for Viking Saga: New World

[Post New]by gwladys99 on Mar 4, 14 2:07 PM
I never even went to reviews but bought the game straight away. Same sort of game as before with tasks, timer and different goals to reach. I love these silly games and it takes one away from looking out of the window at the miserable winter we are having.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Mar 10, 14 1:21 PM
My new FAVORITE TM [of it's type, ie. building].... I enjoyed the first Viking Saga and wasn't sure 'this' one was much different; yet I just finished playing the entire game and WOW, the storyline and originality just kept getting better and better at each level.

I loved the detail in this... nature, etc.

The only negative was, perhaps, the 'voice' was a bit too aggressive with the coaching and could not be turned off or down. I would have liked to hear more of the environmental sounds versus the voice, so that feature would be a nice addition if/when (I hope!) a third episode comes out.

GREAT TM GAME!!!

IsisRising
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by IsisRising on Mar 13, 14 11:54 PM
I just had to have this game because I really love the first one. This one is a lot more aggressive in the tasks and can be hard to figure out but all in all its a great game! The story line is good in that you have to find a cure for your people and it takes you to different land. I am glad that I do not use the timer because I would have been lost LOL A great sequel to an already great game.

[Post New]by NDSeamstress on Mar 21, 14 6:56 AM
I love the Viking Saga games! They are so much fun to play. This game was fun right to the end. I was surprised when it did end. I was expecting it to go on longer, I was having that much fun with it. If a third game comes out, and I hope it does I will buy it. Keep up the good work.

Edited on 03/21/2014 at 6:57:25 AM PST

pamvan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by pamvan on Mar 21, 14 5:23 PM
I really liked this game, right up to level 20 when a glitch causes the game to crash when you win the tic tac toe game required to finish the level! This has happened numerous times, no matter whether I let the opposing team win or not. Now I can't progress in the game; it is basically useless. Big disappointment. Buyer, beware!! There's no way you could get to level 20 during a trial of the game, either, so you have no way of knowing about the problem. So far, no fix from BFG. I suggest waiting until you check the technical issue thread to see if a fix is finally posted before purchasing the game.

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Mar 25, 14 11:59 AM
Excellent game - no trouble with glitches for me. i did need to consult the forum for help for 3 levels - thank you to those who posted walkthroughs for those levels.

elizaew
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

[Post New]by elizaew on Mar 30, 14 8:40 AM
Bought this right away since I loved the first game in the series. This is also great! Lots of playing fun.

However, I HATE the tic tac toe thing that you are required to win in order to get three stars. I did not buy this game for playing tic tac toe. I don't enjoy it and I cannot figure out how to win it. I can only get tied scores. So my game score is ruined over something I didn't expect I would have to do when I bought the game. The endless clicking of rats in that mini game is also annoying and I did not enjoy it. But at least I figured out how to win it. I am totally stuck on the tic tac toe.

Lastly, I do not understand why the developers persist in ignoring the fact that so many people HATE the stupid, senseless voice. They need to get rid of it or allow you to turn it off.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Apr 15, 14 10:26 AM
I loved this game, for the most part. It's not just a click-fest like many other TM games. You have to think what to build first, what resources you need most, and you can build up tasks.
The graphics are good enough, and there are plenty of levels.

The only criticism I have, is that I did not care for the tic-tac-toe game. Spoiled the level for me, and would have been better without. Although I could win it, it ruined the pace of the game. Plus the voice-over is irritating.

Overall, an very good, enjoyable game.

Edited on 04/15/2014 at 10:26:58 AM PST

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Apr 28, 14 2:45 PM
One thing I really love about this game is that they include facts about the Vikings and their lives in between levels.....
I wish more games did that.

Av8Trx
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Game is good, but don't care for the undertones

[Post New]by Av8Trx on Sep 27, 14 10:57 AM
Viking Saga – New World

First of all, I am Nordic. Normally, the storyline really isn’t something I give much consideration to. However, I find the events in this game a bit disconcerting. I’m an amateur archaeologist and have studied epigraphy for decades, my focus has been ancient cultures. I have personally seen Elder Futhark rune script in caves in North America and the fact that Nordic peoples came to the Americas over a millennia ago is widely accepted. However, where my cart leaves the rails is with Vikings teaching Native Americans to feed themselves and build houses. There are specific reasons that Native American cultures built teepees. They were portable, which permitted them to follow the buffalo herds and growing seasons. In the game, these are represented as flimsy stick structures and the Vikings step in and save the day by teaching the native peoples to build log and stone homes. I find the whole theme a bit off-putting, the Native peoples are represented as, “dumb,” and unable to feed or shelter themselves or even put out a fire. Splitting hairs I guess, but I really don’t care for the representations in this game. If I were a Native American, I’d be really p.o.’d.

Go to: