bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Reviews for Hello Venice 2: New York Adventure

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 4, 14 9:07 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Hello Venice 2: New York Adventure here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Hello Venice 2: New York Adventure.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

Re:Reviews for Hello Venice 2: New York Adventure

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Mar 4, 14 10:41 PM
BASED ON DEMO ONLY

I realize a lot of people are having tech problems with this game, but I did not experience any problems.

The game is colorful, the stones are not sparkly, and it is not a match 3, but a line match (is that what you call it? when you have to move your cursor along 3 or more tiles and destroy them all?). There is relaxed and timed mode. The characters are cartoonish, but they don't talk and you don't have to pay any attention to them at all.

It plays along the same lines as Vesuvia and Paradise Quest, only I would not dare to compare it to those 2 wonderful games. I mean that the board is bigger than the screen, and you start in the area where the water is, making spaces for the water to go through until you reach the final fountain.

I didn't think it was too hard at first, but then they threw some curves in there. There was a large space where you were given a choice of a number of different shaped pipes with which you had to connect the top pipe to the bottom pipe. That was a little different, and thank heavens I was in relaxed mode.

There are also alchemist's chests you get extra points for steering the water directly toward one of those. There are quite a few power ups, but you don't know what they do until you mouse over them, and that tells you what each one does. For example, one will take out a tile and the tile underneath it, another will take out a whole row of tiles. The tiles seem to be on various levels, so taking out one tile in a certain place does not get you to the bottom so the water will flow through.

You certainly don't get a lot of gems or money when you win a board. The gems and money go toward buying flowers in the flower store to help an elderly woman find the magic gem, or at least that what I thought I read she was looking for.

In general, I enjoyed playing a new M3 game - it's been so long - even if it wasn't purely a M3. This is a challenging game with different twists and turns even on relaxed mode. I even liked buying the flowers for this woman's garden. I imagine it is going to get harder as time goes by with different things to do while playing a board. I would give it at least. I think you will get more out of it when you own it and have time to figure out exactly how things work.

I apologize for this lousy review. I wanted to get into playing the boards as soon as possible, so did not pay too much attention to the other details.

[Post New]by jimweinberg on Mar 5, 14 1:50 PM
If you're like me and love a good match 3 game where you can pit yourself against the timer and like a real challenge, I heartily recommend that you NOT BUY THIS GAME!

This has got to be one of the worst match 3 games I've ever played - and I've played them all.

First of all, it's a chain game not a swap game. The goal is to move water from the source to the destination by selecting 3 or more tokens of the same color. There are also blocks that require multiple chains in order to remove them and let the water pass. Sounds good, right? WRONG!!!

About 1/4 of the way through the game, you are presented with columns that are 1 token wide and, guess what, no two tokens match - let alone 3. The only way to have the water progress is to use the power-ups. You charge the power-ups by selecting 3 or more tokens of a specific color. So what happens, you end up selecting needless chains just to charge the power-ups and then when you use them they seldom result in providing 3 or more similar tokens, so you select more needles chains in order to recharge them. All the while, the timer is running. The result is that you virtually can not win this game.

Oh yes, if you fail to complete a screen two times in a row, it gives you the option of reverting to relaxed mode ... FOR THE ENTIRE REST OF THE GAME!!!

i do believe there is a market for this game. If you love to play games that you can not win and are looking for a totally frustrating experience, then this game is definitely for you.

Also, if you like playing in relaxed mode, and don't mind spending 25 to 30 minutes or more making needless chain selections just to get to the next area of the screen, then you'll probably love this game.

For the rest of you, this game is not worth the price, even if bought with a Free Game Coupon.

molly539
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by molly539 on Mar 6, 14 9:07 AM
I bought the game before I even completed the demo. Like the first game, you play match-3 boards (chain style instead of swapping) to earn money to buy plants and accessories for a garden. Some differences from the first game include needing to collect flower buds (or gems, they were kind of small and you get one after completing a board) in addition to the money to buy the garden supplies. Plus, you are now restoring several gardens instead of just one, in a quest to find a magic seed. I didn't notice any timer but since I always play untimed anyway that doesn't matter to me. The graphics were bright, clear and colorful and the music was quiet and not intrusive. Cut scenes can be skipped through.

In summary, I really enjoyed the game and am glad I bought it.

[Post New]by fifi759 on Mar 8, 14 5:13 AM
Loved the first one, but pretty frustrated that I bought this one and THEN hit the level with the seemingly endless single row - have to use all powerups to get through. Unfortunately couldn't complete in timed mode (and now totally sick of the level/game from repeated tries) so now my only option is to finish the rest of the game in relaxed???

Not what i was hoping for at all. Wonder if they tested that one level. It's a showstopper for timed mode. Wish I'd seen jimweinberg's post before buying. I want my $$ back

crestedwave
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by crestedwave on Mar 8, 14 7:14 AM
tell the truth I don't get this game

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Mar 16, 14 2:22 PM
I generally love this type of game, HOWEVER... On two levels during the part of the demo that I played I was faced with "connect the pipes" puzzles. I loathe, hate and despise this type of puzzle so this alone makes this otherwise enjoyable game a no buy for me. I couldn't see any way to skip them, and couldn't really see how to use the "tools" that seemed to be offered at the bottom of the screen with the pipe pieces. Too bad, because otherwise this would have been a guaranteed buy for me.

jedav
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jedav on Mar 25, 14 7:05 PM

yeah I want my money back as well Level 18 was the crux, I could not finish that level in the time mode . All the blocks and slow power ups killed it for me and I will not buy another game from this game maker. Okay the game maker fived it so that if you switch you can't go back, I sure it was a ha ha for them

HUCster
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by HUCster on Mar 28, 14 10:13 PM
My advice is don't buy this game, don't waste your free game credit, and if you bought it and are having trouble with level 18 or any other level, just delete the game. I feel liberated! Yes, I wasted $4.99 and I too would love a refund but that's not going to happen so I just uninstalled the game and will make a point to not purchase another game from this developer.

Floraws
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Floraws on Apr 29, 14 5:20 AM
Dear me, Crestedwave... I didn't get this game either. I don't understand its goal. I know it is related to free the water, but hey... the "help" will tell me to go back instead to go forward... and frankly, it is very boring to try and the water doesn't move. There is no help, no explanation, nothing. Those bonus are almost useless... I really regret having bought it. Don't buy it, friends. The developers definitely wanted to play a trick on us.

[Post New]by Wahine123 on May 26, 14 6:48 PM
Boring game.

Go to: