problem making slingshot - help please

[Post New]by oropendula on Mar 4, 14 11:32 AM
Anyone have a problem making the slingshot in Chapter 6? I have the pieces but when I click on the branch (to break off the extra bits) nothing happens. Nothing happens when I click on the flower elastic either. Am I doing something wrong? Help, please.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:problem making slingshot - help please

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Mar 4, 14 3:22 PM
Not sure what's going wrong, but do you have all three pieces? The branch, the elastic band and the ball? I don't think you can do anything until you have all three.

Then you need to click specifically on the excess branches (I think there are three of them) to break them off. I can't remember if there was anything specific about removing the flower other than clicking on it...

[Post New]by oropendula on Mar 4, 14 5:11 PM
Thanks for trying to help SeverineSnape. I do have all 3 pieces, but when I click on the branches nothing happens. same when I click on the flower. I was hoping I was doing something wrong, but I don't think so. It's looking like it's a bug Strange no one else seems to have encountered this problem though...

[Post New]by AccordEX on Mar 4, 14 5:39 PM
I am having the exact same problem. I used bing to see the walkthrough videos, and only difference I saw from what I did was the guy in the video didn't wait to collect all the parts to put the item together like I did. As soon as he got the ball and opened the branch, the branch already had the elastic band on the branch waiting for the ball. I am still undecided to start all over again. I will wait for further posts.

[Post New]by oropendula on Mar 5, 14 5:45 AM
Yipee - figured it out! Though it looked like I had the branch, I didn't *really* have it. The game assumes you will find the branch first - when you get the flower from the hula girl it gets "added to branch". But what if you didn't have the branch? It still gets "added to branch". If you pop open that inventory item the branch appears to be there in the graphic. I remember thinking "where'd I get that branch" when I collected the flower - but you know sometimes in these games you pick things up without really noticing so I just shrugged and went on.... They should have made it like a ghost image in the graphic to indicate that you didn't have it yet - there was really no way to tell, looking at the graphic, that I didn't *actually* have the branch. It looked like it was there. So, problem solved - I'm explaining all this here in case someone else runs in to the same problem...

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Mar 5, 14 1:19 PM
Oh that is so weird! Glad you figured it out, and that it isn't a bug

[Post New]by AccordEX on Mar 6, 14 5:19 PM
You re the best oropendula! You were dead on. After reading your comment I went back to the gate mechanism and my branch was waiting for me. After feeling so stupid for a second I grabbed it and went on with the game. Thank you so much!

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 9, 14 5:43 PM
I had the same problem and I think one of the major things wrong here is the SG which tells you to cut down the branch with the axe. I did that so I thought I had the branch as it had been identified as the BRANCH in the SG. I did wonder why it was green and looked more like a root than a branch but I just went on.

Shame on Elephant for this. You cut down a branch with an axe and then find out it is not even the same branch. I knew it was a slingshot as soon as I saw the picture and I had been trying to turn it into one for some time before I gave up and came here.

I know this is late but thanks for the help, orependula!!

Edited on 08/09/2014 at 6:23:09 PM PST

Go to: