Sjaani
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

Frustrating mistake I keep making

[Post New]by Sjaani on Mar 4, 14 10:58 PM
When boosting up my energy with the Gems I have now accidentally clicked the +3Max energy at a cost of 270 gold coins on two occasions.

I really wish there was an 'are you sure' button on those more expensive actions.

What a waste of 540 gold coins.

Cuilapan01
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Frustrating mistake I keep making

[Post New]by Cuilapan01 on Mar 5, 14 5:42 AM
I have made similar mistakes where I bought the speed up thingy for buildings which I didn't want. I would love a are you sure button.

I would also love a button where I could type the amount of an item I want to sell or trade in in the case of gems. I plant a lot of turnips for silver but I hardly ever want to sell them all because I want to keep some in reserve. I always have to click numerous times to get to the amount I want to sell.

BIGFISHGK
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by BIGFISHGK on Mar 5, 14 6:31 AM
I agree with you both. I have accidentally hit the 24 hours of free energy for 59 gold twice now. Who in their right mind is going to spend 24 hours planting crops? If there was an "are You Sure?" button I would not have had to waste my gold and spent as much time as I did trying to recoup the gold. And being able to pick the amount of an item to sell would be WONDERFUL!

Sjaani
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by Sjaani on Mar 5, 14 1:54 PM
Yes, I've done a ten hour shift accidentally as well.

Also agree that the opportunity to select how many items we sell would be fantastic.

Talula44
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by Talula44 on Mar 5, 14 3:26 PM
YES! I did the same thing as Sjaani, but only once.... clicked the 270 gold thing. Before the Valentine's update, I would have never have had that much gold outside of my kitchen collections so it couldn't have happened, but now with generous Cupid, my gold level on the main screen gets pretty high. Too bad I couldn't put it in a holding spot (a bank, if you will? rather than sort of "under my mattress?" on the main page?) and keep my main screen gold balance below 25... since Mellow says you get more quests that require gold if you have over 25.

I doubt complaining about it being too easy to click on high gold buttons will change the game-makers' minds though... I'm sure they love it if you blow your gold so more people might buy it.

I did send a complaining email to tech support after the horrible January update, and mentioned, among other things, how I was pretty shocked they didn't change the way you sell items in the barn to make it easier.... since it was SUCH a common complaint, and it's not like it is in their advantage in any way to keep it that way that I can see.... but it sounded like in their response, that whoever answered the email was not in control of that kind of thing? So we're not really talking to the game-makers in tech support? Don't know.

Talula44
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by Talula44 on Mar 5, 14 3:50 PM
BIGFISHGK wrote: I have accidentally hit the 24 hours of free energy for 59 gold twice now. Who in their right mind is going to spend 24 hours planting crops?

Right? I've thought many times why doesn't the popup after the "bong" noise when running out of energy have the 5, 10, and 20 energy choice, instead of 5, 10 & 24 hour choice? Only reason I can see, is that they hope you'll accidentally click it!

mellowfuzz
Clownfish
Clownfish
842 Posts

[Post New]by mellowfuzz on Mar 5, 14 5:24 PM
Talula44 wrote:
I did send a complaining email to tech support after the horrible January update, and mentioned, among other things, how I was pretty shocked they didn't change the way you sell items in the barn to make it easier.... since it was SUCH a common complaint, and it's not like it is in their advantage in any way to keep it that way that I can see.... but it sounded like in their response, that whoever answered the email was not in control of that kind of thing? So we're not really talking to the game-makers in tech support? Don't know.

No, you are talking to BFG. The game developers are Real ore. You might have better luck posting that type of question on their facebook page.

[Post New]by MSELMOJ1 on Mar 6, 14 7:22 AM
I think the developers are more concerned about fixing the recent problems fishies have been having than making changes to satisfy our complaints about how the game operates.

ypa2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by ypa2 on Mar 6, 14 2:45 PM
I made the same mistake too. Now I keep my gold count low until I need it. I have gold in my collection and I get gold regularly in Cupid's boxes. So I cash it in as I need gold. If I hit the wrong button I get a message that I have no gold and have the option to buy which I never do.

Sjaani
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by Sjaani on Mar 6, 14 3:26 PM
ypa2 wrote:I made the same mistake too. Now I keep my gold count low until I need it. I have gold in my collection and I get gold regularly in Cupid's boxes. So I cash it in as I need gold. If I hit the wrong button I get a message that I have no gold and have the option to buy which I never do.

I really should do that. Keep it off the main screen. I just like to see it all add up.
Bad tactic I have there.

Cuilapan01
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Cuilapan01 on Mar 9, 14 11:58 AM
I did it again. I just bought 10 hours of unlimited energy. I wanted to exchange some gems for energy so I could prepare my farm for the night as I am going to bed in a couple of minutes. (almost 8 pm local time and I have to get up at 3:30 am to go to work). My touchpad on my laptop had other ideas and clicked on the 10 hours unlimited energy. Unfortunately I had enough gold to do that. I don't mind the 10 hours but I wish it happened at another time. A time I could have spent playing instead of getting some hard needed sleep.

Really need to write to **** to see if they can't make us a are you sure button.

Talula44
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by Talula44 on Mar 9, 14 12:21 PM
I don't cash in my kitchen collections till I need them, but the reason my main screen gold balance is so high is because of CUPID, not the kitchen. Can't move the gold from there anywhere...

But definitely not complaining about Cupid! Very grateful to have so much gold even though I wish I could protect it in another spot!

ETA..... oh wait, I guess you mean you don't purchase the gifts from Cupid till you need gold? Hunh, hadn't even thought of that! Just save up the arrows, good idea. Don't know why I felt the need to buy the gifts as soon as I had arrows...

Edited on 03/09/2014 at 12:24:16 PM PST

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Mar 9, 14 5:30 PM
One posting on the gift debate was if you save up 100 or more arrows and then buy all big gifts was the only way Cupi-pie would give us gold. Plus I thought cashing in would be a good idea cuz I don't know when the next update is coming and if it'd make the arrows unusable. Play it safe is what I'm doing.

Sjaani
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by Sjaani on Mar 9, 14 9:27 PM
lol Cuilapan01. I just did my usual 270 on 3 extra energy again. That's 810 so far.

I've restarted the game, am not cashing in collections or cupid arrows anymore unless I need gold.

Vlania, assuming you have the option to choose when you update it should be safe to save them up and cash in just before you update. Cupid definitely gives gold for the smaller gifts.

Talula44
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by Talula44 on Mar 10, 14 12:55 AM
Yes, every time I get gold from Cupid it's 7 on the small, 16 on the medium, and 28 on the large. Always those 3 amounts...

Cuilapan01
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Cuilapan01 on Mar 10, 14 7:30 AM
ouch, Sjaani. You would think we learn from our mistakes, but somehow we don't.

I don't want to restart. I had to restart the game when my computer crashed a couple of weeks ago and I am finally on a higher level than I was. I want to play on, but I am more carefull about cashing in things that can give me gold.

Clairebs
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Clairebs on Mar 13, 14 7:12 AM
I just had the 270 gold accident. How come there's an 'are you sure' button when you quit the game (yes, absolutely positive, i need to go to bed) but not when you spend gold (no, i really didn't mean to do that)? Hmmmm..........

[Post New]by justtj49 on Mar 13, 14 8:18 PM
I have been thinking of starting a new discussion on Farm Up something like "what I wish the game developers would do". The selling issue drives me nuts because all they need to do is change the sell arrows to repeat when you hold down the button -- its a simple common place solution. I have arthritis in some of my fingers so clicking the arrow 200 times when I only want to sell a few is tough

mellowfuzz
Clownfish
Clownfish
842 Posts

[Post New]by mellowfuzz on Mar 13, 14 8:31 PM
justtj49 wrote:I have been thinking of starting a new discussion on Farm Up something like "what I wish the game developers would do". The selling issue drives me nuts because all they need to do is change the sell arrows to repeat when you hold down the button -- its a simple common place solution. I have arthritis in some of my fingers so clicking the arrow 200 times when I only want to sell a few is tough

You might have better luck posting suggestions on the developer's (Real ore) facebook page. I am not sure they even look at this forum.

Sjaani
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by Sjaani on Mar 13, 14 9:37 PM
mellowfuzz wrote:
justtj49 wrote:I have been thinking of starting a new discussion on Farm Up something like "what I wish the game developers would do". The selling issue drives me nuts because all they need to do is change the sell arrows to repeat when you hold down the button -- its a simple common place solution. I have arthritis in some of my fingers so clicking the arrow 200 times when I only want to sell a few is tough

You might have better luck posting suggestions on the developer's (Real ore) facebook page. I am not sure they even look at this forum.

True mellowfuzz, but what if we discussed it here to get a handful of things we'd like to see and why, then sent off a message to the dev's.

Go to: