Problem with VACATION HOME house

[Post New]by SeaSonya on Mar 5, 14 1:54 AM
As indicated above, I have a problem with residents in VACATION HOME house (it's brown one). House's description says "2 adults, 2 kids, 2 babies" in this house. I have 2 rooms left to build in this house, but I only have 2 adults and 1 kid. 3 residents are missing. I don't expect to get 2 residents after 1 room build. When I restarted the game some time ago, the same thing happen with the same house, which indicates in-game problem. I finished all other types of houses and didn't get the same problem in any of them. Did anyone also have missing residents in VACATION HOME house?

LunyKimberly
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

Re:Problem with VACATION HOME house

[Post New]by LunyKimberly on Mar 5, 14 4:45 AM
I think there's a problem with the listing text because I've got that house fully built and all quests except the 3-star item ones done and only have 2 adults, 1 child, and 1 baby. So unless there's a kid and a baby that pop up with the completion of some 3-star item quests (which I don't think any house/quest does) then I'm thinking the developers copy/pasted text from one of the other houses and forgot to edit it for the Vacation Home particulars.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Mar 7, 14 3:38 PM
Considering that these creepy residents annoy me (they never interact with each other, they never eat, sleep, sit, or even notice when the babies are crawling everywhere), I'd be just as happy to build the house and never have anyone living in them.

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Mar 7, 14 5:52 PM
I think I figured out why they behave so strangely, Valkara.
Look at the size of their heads. The poor things are all hydrocephalic. And judging by how they all look alike (even the ones who are darker or lighter), there also must be a lot of inbreeding among them.
They're doomed. We should pity them, not mock them.
(Feel free, however, to mock the game developer who thought these midget zombies were a good idea for people who just want to decorate virtual houses.)

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Mar 7, 14 10:27 PM
I don't mind characters if they're fun or interesting. Have you tried the Gardenscapes game? The butler, Austin, is hilarious. You can make him dance the disco, or an Irish jig.

The characters in this game are basically useless, in my opinion.

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Mar 8, 14 3:03 PM
I agree. The furniture has more personality.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Mar 14, 14 10:29 AM
Well, I started this one, have the library and master bedroom, and no people yet (maybe they'll be too busy to go on vacation? One can only hope...).

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Mar 15, 14 3:01 PM
In SIMS, if you wall someone in, eventually they die. I wonder if you trap these zombie-bobbleheads in a room 9by blocking egress with a large piece of furniture) if they also die, or just endlessly pace around their one room space?

An experiment! <evil cackle>

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Mar 15, 14 7:48 PM
I tried that. The guy just walked under the furniture (a large bookcase), across the room, through the wall, across the lawn, and off the screen.

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Mar 15, 14 10:06 PM
You got one to run away from home? Awesome!

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Mar 17, 14 10:55 AM
Yep. Unfortunately, he came back the next time I opened that house.

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Mar 17, 14 7:24 PM
Wish I could send you a screen cap of the fun I had today, while building the kitchen in the couples' house. When the kitchen was built, Mr. Man appeared in the middle of it, walking in place, like on a treadmill. His feet kept going, but he never moved off the spot, even when I began to build cabinets. His position, perspective-wise, never changed, either, so it looked like the cabinets were built on his head--as he kept place-walking. Very weird. (If you PM me an email address, I'll send you the screen cap. It's hilarious!) The next time I opened the house, it was back to normal, and he was cheerfully pacing the rest of the house, along with his bobble-head female mate.
This has to be one of the buggiest game I've ever played.

Edited on 03/17/2014 at 7:25:22 PM PST

Go to: