bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Reviews for Call of Atlantis: Treasures of Poseidon

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 5, 14 9:01 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Call of Atlantis: Treasures of Poseidon here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Call of Atlantis: Treasures of Poseidon.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

molly539
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Reviews for Call of Atlantis: Treasures of Poseidon

[Post New]by molly539 on Mar 5, 14 11:23 AM
Based on playing the demo.

If you have Call of Atlantis, the first game in this series, you really don't need to get this one. Same game mechanics, same music and same graphics - all wonderful but it seems like the devs just recycled them to make another game. The only change in Treasures of Poseidon is the challenge mode, called Treasures of Poseidon, where the main difference apparently is that you can buy power ups with the gold coins you win on the match-3 boards. Get the original or get this one - no need to buy both.

Edited on 03/05/2014 at 11:23:50 AM PST

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Mar 5, 14 6:35 PM
This appears to be a recycled game from 2009 except for the challenge mode. Or am I missing something?????

ruthie39
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by ruthie39 on Mar 5, 14 9:08 PM
Very disappointed. I was excited to see a "sequel" but it was not meant to be.

Zobig
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Zobig on Mar 10, 14 5:18 PM
Yes it is the same game I purchased in 2010. Bigfish did the same thing with another game saying it is new and I purchased , was so disappointed them doing this . I am more careful and check a game I had purchased before.

suss1
Clownfish
Clownfish
555 Posts

[Post New]by suss1 on Mar 13, 14 7:21 AM
I am impressed!!!!!! At all!!!!!!

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Mar 14, 14 9:28 AM
I actually had to check my purchase history because this game was way to familiar. I indeed have a game called "Call of Atlantis". This game is exactly the same. I wonder why it has been distrubuted under this extended name.

Even if somewhere further along in the game (beyond demo play) this game becomes a bit different, there is not enough of a difference to justify buying it again. Does BF really think we can't remember what we buy? I bought the Call of Atlantis at the end of 2013...not THAT long ago to have forgotten.

LuckyLin1
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyLin1 on Mar 15, 14 3:13 AM
This game is 2 parts. Call of Atlantis is about the same as the original which actually came out many years ago--it is much like The Path of Hercules. Please note that the game board in this version is much smaller, and I do not like it.

The second and new part is Treasures of Poseidon. It is TIMED. When u first begin playing it, you may not notice that--I did not. However, before u get too far in, you become well aware of it. It is too fast for me and this part has no relaxed mode that I could find. I was very unhappy--I bought this game to play Treasures and now I cannot. Ah, life.

Overall, I play a lot of Match 3 and that is what both parts of this games are. Your goal is to get pieces of an object such as a harp to bottom of the board and off. Along the way you also can move bonus objects such as a bomb, hour glass, etc. to bottom or you can purchase them in the Store with your gold pts. earned in the game--they are expensive, however, so u have to be sure to save some gold coins.

This is the latest version of Call of Atlantis from the Playrix site--the addition of Treasures as a "challenge mode" is new to me. You can play it, however, before, during, or after playing the Call of Atlantis game

If anyone knows if there is a version that has an untimed Treasure section, I'd appreciate knowing. Blessings to all....

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Apr 24, 14 7:35 AM
incredibly boring game, annoying soundtrack

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Oct 20, 14 10:01 AM
This is the second M3 game I have tried out today and the second to disappoint me. Once I found out that it is timed, I exited. I will not play a timed M3 game.

End of story.

Go to: