bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Post your Call of Atlantis: Treasures of Poseidon Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 5, 14 9:01 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

yelwbkrd35
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Post your Call of Atlantis: Treasures of Poseidon Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by yelwbkrd35 on Mar 5, 14 11:38 AM
This question isnt about crashes or freezes. The game will shut off go back to bfg app where I have to start the game over again. going thru preliminary original choices as before. The game will then resume back to the level again.. this is happening every 15-20 of play time. starting to be tirering. otherwise game play is fine. gees havent a clue with this one. tanx for yr help

Re:Post your Call of Atlantis: Treasures of Poseidon Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by goodyear1998 on Mar 5, 14 1:27 PM
the problem I have is ....once I download the game I just cant get it to open.
have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still cant get it to open.

tested computer by downloading another game and it worked fine.

so as there have been a few buggy games recently I am just not going to bother with this one

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Mar 5, 14 1:38 PM
yelwbkrd35 wrote:This question isnt about crashes or freezes. The game will shut off go back to bfg app where I have to start the game over again. going thru preliminary original choices as before. The game will then resume back to the level again.. this is happening every 15-20 of play time. starting to be tirering. otherwise game play is fine. gees havent a clue with this one. tanx for yr help

I had the same problem. Game shut off six or seven times during the hour--dumped clear back to the Game Manager. After the first few times, I turned on my Task Manager and watched the Performance tab: The CPU usage was incredible while the game was on, some of the window charts were clear up at the top of their graphs. As soon as the game quit, the activity came way down sharply.

Running Windows 7 on a Dell XPS computer.

Edited on 03/05/2014 at 1:40:11 PM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 5, 14 4:39 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to see that's happening! It sounds like the game is having some problems working, and I have provided some common troubleshooting tips that can assist in getting the game to work properly in the help article link below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't help, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps will be happy to provide specialized support for your PC.

I hope this is able to help!

bfgWendwater

san1c
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by san1c on Mar 5, 14 9:38 PM
The problem I am having is in the same place each time. On the last stage of Phoenicia , I am allowed to place one item but when I try to place a second item I am kicked out of the game. It does not matter what item I place first it always kicks me out of the second item. I have tried different items each time.
There was no problem in any of the other stages, just this same spot each time.

I when over to **** games, had some extra credits as I do not buy many games over there and get this game. The game worked fine until it get to the same section and I was once more kicked out but just a bit beyond the spot that it happened on here

I tried to do the fix that was posted on here but the "spots" they said to go to on my screen did not show up. I have windows 8

Edited on 03/06/2014 at 6:31:18 AM PST

duke216
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by duke216 on Mar 6, 14 4:41 PM
I, too, am having a problem at the exact same place in the game -- the last stage on the Phoenicia level. I have gotten so far as placing all the items in their right spots and received the crystal. But, when I go to collect the crystal pieces the game stops. Just POOF! Gone. No freezing, no blank screen, just gone. Very annoying.

My video card and software have the latest updates. I am an avid fan of Big Fish and have been a member since 2007. Rarely, if ever, have I had any problems with any of the many, many games I have purchased through the years. With so many having a glitch at the exact same stage of the game it's obvious to me it's a bug in the game, not our computers.

Hopefully, Playrix will give us an update to fix the game's glitch or Big Fish will give a code for another game.

nanajak53
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by nanajak53 on Mar 7, 14 12:33 AM
Hi, My game isn't stopping but running very slow for some reason. Anyone else having this problem and if so any ideas how to fix it. I too have been a big fish fan for many years and was disappointed that this game is basically the same as the 2009 version. As soon as i seen it i brought it thinking it was a sequel but now wish i hadn't as its a waste of money as its like i have brought the same game twice. Not happy.

Edited on 03/07/2014 at 12:35:54 AM PST

san1c
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by san1c on Mar 7, 14 3:10 AM
i have tried and tried to follow the instructions from above but I can not even find the starting point, It does not show up on my laptop.

I have put in a request for help so we will see if that helps

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Mar 7, 14 4:30 PM
In my case, the game kicks me out and shuts down when I finish the last stage of Troy - placing the objects in the scene. When I put the last one in place (and I've tried different orders, just as san1c said about the Phoenicia level), I'm immediately kicked out. I've tried rebooting, but it does the same thing. I'm on a laptop running Vista.

truddi
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by truddi on Mar 8, 14 4:36 AM
[b]My problem is even when I was not playing this game one of the screen saver appears and shuts my computer off?
I then have to sign in to get back on the computer.
I had no option but to uninstall this game, that didn't work either.

In the end I had to back date my computer which I hate doing as I lose other things and have to reload them.

I used one of my free game codes to have this game so no refund but as it seems to be a repeat of the last version I won't be playing this game again.

[Post New]by ktster on Mar 8, 14 1:18 PM
I have been having the same problem on level 10 Phoenica. Can't complete because the game just shuts off to the game manager. Just purchased today. Played fine until now.

[Post New]by likame51 on Mar 9, 14 1:51 PM
Level 10 Phoenicia......just cuts out when I am clicking on the crystal. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling....Have latest updates for Windows 8...
This is just not working!!

Gothic1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Gothic1 on Mar 9, 14 3:41 PM
duke216 wrote:I, too, am having a problem at the exact same place in the game -- the last stage on the Phoenicia level. I have gotten so far as placing all the items in their right spots and received the crystal. But, when I go to collect the crystal pieces the game stops. Just POOF! Gone. No freezing, no blank screen, just gone. Very annoying.

My video card and software have the latest updates. I am an avid fan of Big Fish and have been a member since 2007. Rarely, if ever, have I had any problems with any of the many, many games I have purchased through the years. With so many having a glitch at the exact same stage of the game it's obvious to me it's a bug in the game, not our computers.

Hopefully, Playrix will give us an update to fix the game's glitch or Big Fish will give a code for another game.

The exact same thing is happening to me!! It obviously needs a fix!! I am running windows 7 and plenty of space and up to date on all.

Edited on 03/09/2014 at 3:43:57 PM PST

Tam5115
Clownfish
Clownfish
932 Posts

[Post New]by Tam5115 on Mar 10, 14 7:32 AM
yelwbkrd35 wrote:This question isnt about crashes or freezes. The game will shut off go back to bfg app where I have to start the game over again. going thru preliminary original choices as before. The game will then resume back to the level again.. this is happening every 15-20 of play time. starting to be tirering. otherwise game play is fine. gees havent a clue with this one. tanx for yr help

Yep, this is the same issue I'm having.

[Post New]by GaminMomma on Mar 10, 14 5:51 PM
There must be a problem in the game as I too am crashing while putting together the crystal in Phoenicia. Windows 7 LG

[Post New]by broiled on Mar 13, 14 8:21 AM
The game keeps crashing and the following information is in the event log. Otherwise there's no error messages after the game crashes.

Log Name: Application
Source: Desktop Window Manager
Date: 3/13/2014 11:06:05 AM
Event ID: 9010
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
A request to disable the Desktop Window Manager was made by process (CoA Treasures of Poseidon.exe)

maziemom
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by maziemom on Mar 13, 14 11:19 AM
I don't even get as far as the crystal. On level 5 of Phoenicia, where you are finding all the pieces of the four items, is where my game hangs up. After I find the last piece, I get kicked out of the game and back to game manager.

Also, this game seems to "pull a lot of power". While I am making matches, the fan on my computer will start racing and the cursor is sometimes jerky, making it more difficult to do. Restarting doesn't help. Think I will shelve this game til a fix is found.

[Post New]by broiled on Mar 14, 14 2:14 AM
I tried to re-install the game to see if that solved the problem. Now I can't get past the crystal in the Egypt level without the game crashing back to the game manager.

System:

Windows 7, 64-bit
Amd FX-6300 CPU
AMD Radeon HD 5770 Video Card

K9zero
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by K9zero on Mar 15, 14 7:33 AM
My problem began yesterday, same exact problem that Ktster had, Phoenicia,
level 10, when placing the objects into their correct place, game shuts down
and goes to the BigFish Play Board. I have tried this 3 times, now I am done
with it. Waste of money and time not being able to play a game I purchased.

Go to: