Cjsoft
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Is anyone else having/had a problem?

[Post New]by Cjsoft on Mar 20, 09 7:40 AM
I cannot even get past the 1st scene of the 1st investigation. I pick up the pen and the game freezes, I've uninstalled it reinstalled but still the same thing happens.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

[Post New]by easyplaya on Mar 23, 09 10:09 PM
Cjsoft wrote:I cannot even get past the 1st scene of the 1st investigation. I pick up the pen and the game freezes, I've uninstalled it reinstalled but still the same thing happens.

i CAN'T GIVE YOU ANY HELP BUT YES i AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THIS GAME AND THE SCARLET DEATH. iTS FRUSTRATING WHEN YOU PAY YOUR MONEY FOR SOMETHING AND IT DOESN'T WORK PROPERLY.

daisey88
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Re:Is anyone else having/had a problem?

[Post New]by daisey88 on Mar 24, 09 1:07 PM
I also am having this problem. My game freezes as soon as I pick up the marker in the first scene. I would appreciate some technical advice.

[Post New]by mommazap on Mar 24, 09 5:04 PM
I am also having the same problem!! Constantly freezing up!! very frustrating

[Post New]by mauired on Mar 25, 09 2:33 PM
It's frustrating when u can't even get going in
part one. How do u take pictures or gather evidence

Edited on 03/25/2009 at 2:34:52 PM PST

[Post New]by Barbgamer on Mar 28, 09 4:10 PM
I made it to the fifth investigation but the job ad came up and I can't get rid of it. Does anyone know what to do? I can go back from the puter so I don't think it's frozen but I can't get rid of the ad. Help!

[Post New]by grumpymamaw5 on Apr 1, 09 10:23 AM
oh yes i am having trouble with the stupid newspaper ad not leaving the screen..i clicked on everything there. HELP

[Post New]by julieandmac on Apr 4, 09 12:51 PM
Locks up here too! I am asking for my money back, tried everything the help section suggested still can't play it.

I looked on the designers website for an update but there wasn't one.

AuBrnPeach
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by AuBrnPeach on Apr 5, 09 10:47 PM
I am having an issue as well. I am at Investigation 5, playing the "Save the Duck game". As soon as I was about to save duck #3. My cursor froze and a second one showed up that would move yet not apply to anything. Couldn't get out of the game using esc. I had to hit control/alt/delete !!!!!!!!! I am so frustrated!!!

[Post New]by pacecat on Apr 11, 09 8:02 PM
I'm having a problem too. I can't get passed taking the 3 pictures in the first part of investigation 1. How do you move from one step to another.

Edited on 04/11/2009 at 8:04:00 PM PST

[Post New]by BSimpson65 on May 19, 09 10:53 AM
I don't even have a pen in my inventory, how odd..

[Post New]by flickc on May 30, 09 11:54 AM
Well at least you managed to download it! I keep getting the same message: Access violation at 0x005311F6 (tried to read from 0x00000007) program terminated.
so, I checked my firewall, all OK there, I deleted and reinstalled the program and the same thing happens. Anyone got any ideas? I wonder if the help desk ever read these blogs cause it's a weekend and live chat is offline!
I've also had problems with another game and my computer tells me the installer is corrupted or incomplete. I'm still trying to find out how you download again not just reinstall.
Sorry to be such a ludite!

[Post New]by SushiGyrl on Jun 18, 09 1:18 AM
yes, I am having the problems that most have described here. also, in between dialogues, it just freezes, and also, my cursor moves so very slow, i don't know if that is the game or my computer.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Jun 18, 09 6:34 AM
I have played this game twice, no problem, smooth as silk. A cliche, but have you all contacted Customer Support? It seems this game has developed a glitch.

[Post New]by froggiejones on Jun 18, 09 10:26 AM
I have had on problems whith mine. also was able to finish it.

[Post New]by lisaw19 on Jun 24, 09 5:16 AM
i am having problems with investergation 10 trying to disarm the alarm

[Post New]by sloew930 on Sep 2, 09 9:54 AM
I am having a totally different issue...On the 5th investigation I have to take a microfische roll out of the machine and I cannot figure out how to do it, and I feel as if I have clicked on everything to get it out...does anyone have this problem as well???

Cjsoft wrote:I cannot even get past the 1st scene of the 1st investigation. I pick up the pen and the game freezes, I've uninstalled it reinstalled but still the same thing happens.

ElizaL
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by ElizaL on Sep 4, 09 4:59 PM
I just purchased the game. First, I had a hard time just to install it, but finally got through by doing the demo first, and then it was a snap to get the game installed. HOWEVER, am stuck on the very first investigation. How does one "pick up" the thread. I click on it, and it just stays there, and can't get to the next scene. Just froze on the first.

PatsyNJ
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by PatsyNJ on Sep 19, 09 5:12 PM
Just starting the trial and had problems from the first. Found that if I waited for 30 seconds or more the game would proceed. At that rate my hour trial will give me about 30 minutes playing time. Am not buying.

[Post New]by Karenconfused on Dec 20, 09 7:00 PM
Have tried 3 times o get past 1st sxene; even followed exact directions in walkthrough -- although I can;t pick up the red thread, either. And so there I stay, time and time again. Boring. Is there a fix for this???

Go to: