Compass Needle

[Post New]by seuzibell on Mar 5, 14 9:25 PM
So I completed the HOS in the tree house and I picked up the metallic arrow but it never went into my inventory. I'm stuck. I can't use hints because there are no locations with available action on the map and I have tried entering and exiting the game a few times and even doing the HOS in the Bonus Content section but nothing seems to be working.

Is there anything I can do or is this going to be an uninstall reinstall issue? And if I do that will I lose my progress (I am assuming that I will lose all progress but I was hoping there would be an easier solution.)?

Thanks.

lsr103
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Re:Compass Needle

[Post New]by lsr103 on Mar 5, 14 10:06 PM
I've just experienced exactly the same problem. I wonder if there is a way around this (other than starting from scratch!)

[Post New]by Helitack on Mar 6, 14 5:15 PM
Same here! Frustrating to say the least. Any tips folks?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 6, 14 7:29 PM
I'm not sure why the arrow didn't go into your inventory (you did scroll all the way through inventory, right? Sorry, had to ask) But when you uninstall and reinstall you do NOT lose your game progress, your current progress folder is saved in another location.

[Post New]by seuzibell on Mar 6, 14 7:50 PM
WilJul wrote:I'm not sure why the arrow didn't go into your inventory (you did scroll all the way through inventory, right? Sorry, had to ask) But when you uninstall and reinstall you do NOT lose your game progress, your current progress folder is saved in another location.

Yes, I only have a couple of things left in my inventory. A dagger and a hammer. So frustrating. It just never went into inventory.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 7, 14 12:49 AM
seuzibell wrote:
Yes, I only have a couple of things left in my inventory. A dagger and a hammer. So frustrating. It just never went into inventory.
Definitely a glitch. Give the uninstall/reinstall a try and see if that fixes it for you. Let us know if it helps!

watanuki
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by watanuki on Mar 7, 14 12:59 AM
I experienced this occurance twice! First is on a computer and then I changed to another notebook and stucked at the same place. Wondering if there is any solution for this.

oldlady55
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by oldlady55 on Mar 7, 14 5:30 PM
The first time through playing this game I had no issues at all but as I enjoyed it and thought I would play it again I had exactly the same problem. I have a dagger and knife in my inventory but no compass needle. This fishies is a definite glitch and I really think the developers should be asked to fix it. How frustrating!

Yanie1020
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Yanie1020 on Mar 8, 14 12:10 PM
Finally figured this out and got the tomb to open! There should be a compass sitting next to each arrow if your game is working correctly. The red arrow on the compass is always facing north, so you need to adjust the direction of the arrow on top of the pillar accordingly. For example, the red arrow on the compass next to the knight is facing north, and the pillar arrow should also face north for this chess piece (according to the strategy guide). Just use the red north-facing compass arrows and calculate the direction of the pillar arrows from there. You'll get it.

[Post New]by seuzibell on Mar 11, 14 7:59 PM
Yanie1020 wrote:Finally figured this out and got the tomb to open! There should be a compass sitting next to each arrow if your game is working correctly. The red arrow on the compass is always facing north, so you need to adjust the direction of the arrow on top of the pillar accordingly. For example, the red arrow on the compass next to the knight is facing north, and the pillar arrow should also face north for this chess piece (according to the strategy guide). Just use the red north-facing compass arrows and calculate the direction of the pillar arrows from there. You'll get it.

If I could construct the compass I would be able to adjust the arrows. The problem is the compass needle never populated in my inventory. But thanks for the tip on the chess pieces. If I EVER get past this point I will hopefully be able to use that information. It definitely seems like a glitchy glitch to me.

[Post New]by seuzibell on Mar 11, 14 9:02 PM
So I uninstalled and reinstalled and it didn't help. I had to delete my player profile and start over again. I could have left the other profile out there and created a new one, but I figured there was no point since I had to start over anyway. It would be nice if they could get this fixed.

[Post New]by spikescajunmom on Mar 12, 14 5:10 PM
I too have this problem and it is a glitch. First, I played HOP in treehouse to get metallic arrow. Would not let me pick it up no matter what. So I left the HOP and did a few other things. I came back and the word, "metallic arrow" was in a different location, but this time it let me pick it up. However, it did not go into my inventory. Went in and out of the game several times. Uninstalled/reinstalled. Nothing has worked and cannot play the HOP over again. Very frustrating because I love this game and this glitch is in the last chapter after the vast majority of the main game is completed. Must start all over again and hope it doesn't happen again.

[Post New]by shan3224 on Mar 12, 14 7:50 PM
I'm having the same exact issue...no compass needle has populated into my inventory after the hidden object scene. Frustrating as I'm near the end! Not sure I want to bother uninstalling/reinstalling and doing it all over again!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 12, 14 8:05 PM
This is a ridiculous amount of TECHNICAL PROBLEMS! 6 pages of tech issues versus 4 pages (including tech issues) of regular game forum.

I sincerely hope those of you with tech issues are contacting Customer Support directly as, clearly, there is no moderator presence here. They would just direct you to help pages and Customer Support anyway!

So please, PLEASE contact Customer Support so that they are aware of all of these issues, otherwise there is no way for them to know - they don't read the forums! Once they receive enough complaints about an issue they can then forward the info to the developers who will then (hopefully) begin to work on some fixes!

Even if you've given up and trashed the game, sending in a report will (again hopefully) help those who are wanting and hoping for a fix! And you could get a game coupon!

To get to Customer Support: Look for the "Help" button in the top right corner of this page, click on it, then when you get to the next page look at bottom of the left-hand column for "Still need Help? Contact Us" - click on that. Send in your report and don't forget your Dr. Felix (instructions should be on the report page).

stinky2sex
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by stinky2sex on Mar 12, 14 8:46 PM
Count me in as one of those who didn't get the compass needle. AARGHHH.. Uninstalled & reinstalled. Still the same. There seemed to be a lot of issues with this game. Anyway, just contacted customer support. Hopefully, something will be done before I forget the game. Thanks all, & much sympathy
Bonnie

texasannie
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by texasannie on Mar 13, 14 5:20 PM
yep. me too. and this is the third glitch. couldn't get the winch. uninstalled, reinstalled, had to start game over, but finally got the winch. now this. I'm done. sucks because I really liked this game a lot

Go to: