Post your TECH ISSUES for Riddles of Fate: Into Oblivion Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Mar 6, 14 12:34 AM
A thread where you can post your tech issues for this game!

Edited on 03/06/2014 at 8:27:50 AM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Riddles of Fate: Into Oblivion Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 6, 14 8:27 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Riddles of Fate: Into Oblivion Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by aalaurie on Mar 6, 14 8:38 AM
This game plays as if it had palsy. Every click gives a jerky response to where I want to go or what I want to do.

Does anyone know what is going on?

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Mar 6, 14 9:48 AM
Thank you Pondprowler for starting the Tech Issues thread!

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Mar 6, 14 10:33 AM
I downloaded trial and it said trial expired!!! what the ???? Never had chance to play on the demo!!! THANKS BFG!

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Mar 6, 14 10:36 AM
sexxygamma wrote:I downloaded trial and it said trial expired!!! what the ???? Never had chance to play on the demo!!! THANKS BFG!

Usually, trying to uninstall and then reinstall the game will fix this problem.

truman99
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by truman99 on Mar 6, 14 12:49 PM
aalaurie wrote:This game plays as if it had palsy. Every click gives a jerky response to where I want to go or what I want to do.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Have you tried turning off the custom cursor, the special effects, and possibly wide-screen in the OPTIONS? I run Windows 7 PC and automatically turn off these options when I start games. Hope this helps!

geninfo4
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by geninfo4 on Mar 6, 14 1:23 PM
another glitch,jerky, game from the elephant. what is the matter? I WILL wait until they fix this. as I am tired of trying to play a game that is soo frustrating. can not understand in todays tech savy gaming that this should even be a problem!! I have top of the line desk/laptop, and know that this is coming from the GM/developer. hopefully this will be addressed and in the meantime , NO BUY

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Mar 7, 14 1:16 AM
I'm completely lost in the demo. I've the got amulet charged 3/4 of the way, and don't know what else I can do. I try the hint, but all it says is to search the restaurant. I consider myself an advanced player, even tho I always play at casual level. I'm stuck in the restaurant and don't know what to do?

[Post New]by Helitack on Mar 8, 14 8:40 AM
I'm having the same issue as SquirrelGirl. I've gone back and forth and cannot find the 4 amulet. Anyone out there that can help?

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Mar 8, 14 8:55 AM
I'm running on a regular PC using Vista.

The game is running smoothly for me.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Mar 8, 14 9:02 AM
geninfo4 wrote:another glitch,jerky, game from the elephant. what is the matter? I WILL wait until they fix this. as I am tired of trying to play a game that is soo frustrating. can not understand in todays tech savy gaming that this should even be a problem!! I have top of the line desk/laptop, and know that this is coming from the GM/developer. hopefully this will be addressed and in the meantime , NO BUY

I agree with you 100%. It acts as if it has palsy. I am through trying to play these games this way.

Thanks for your comment as no one else seems to have this problem. What do you think they are doing? Is it too much code to be executed at the same time? This is a premier game provider and should know better. Theirs is the game that frustrates me completely. I have run into this one other time and didn't buy that one either.

No buy for me until they fix it.

[Post New]by astri86 on Mar 8, 14 10:21 AM
my game froze after skipping the first puzzel in the oldest prins room. i can not do anything in the game after that!

truman99
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by truman99 on Mar 8, 14 11:05 AM
SquirrelGirrrl wrote:I'm completely lost in the demo. I've the got amulet charged 3/4 of the way, and don't know what else I can do. I try the hint, but all it says is to search the restaurant. I consider myself an advanced player, even tho I always play at casual level. I'm stuck in the restaurant and don't know what to do?

I think I have the answer!! I had gotten past that part and it WAS confusing, so just now checked the strategy guide to confirm what I did. To get past, simply use the uncharged amulet on the fat guy sitting at the table by the little girl. You DON'T zoom in on him. I won't add a spoiler, but you should be able to proceed after that!
Hope this helps!!

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Mar 8, 14 8:25 PM
truman99 wrote:
SquirrelGirrrl wrote:I'm completely lost in the demo. I've the got amulet charged 3/4 of the way, and don't know what else I can do. I try the hint, but all it says is to search the restaurant. I consider myself an advanced player, even tho I always play at casual level. I'm stuck in the restaurant and don't know what to do?

I think I have the answer!! I had gotten past that part and it WAS confusing, so just now checked the strategy guide to confirm what I did. To get past, simply use the uncharged amulet on the fat guy sitting at the table by the little girl. You DON'T zoom in on him. I won't add a spoiler, but you should be able to proceed after that!
Hope this helps!!

Thanks Truman99, that is EXACTLY where I was stuck!! I was able to continue with the demo until my time ran out. But I'm leery about purchasing the game as I don't know if that weird circumstance is going to happen again, and the "hint" being so ambiguous. Do you think the full version is worth it? Thanks again!!

txrose3
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,035 Posts

[Post New]by txrose3 on Mar 8, 14 8:33 PM
I am having the same very slow/jerky issues. The game played fine during the free demo, but once I purchased it and installed, I started having problems. Very frustrating.

truman99
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by truman99 on Mar 8, 14 9:43 PM
In answer to SquirrelGirrrl, I definitely think this game is worth it!! Especially with the sale on this weekend for $7.99. I have been playing the game for several hours on and off throughout the day and am still not at the end of the game. So I can't comment on the bonus game, since I'm not quite there yet. I have NOT run into any glitches at all, and with the strategy guide being so helpful, it got me past any parts where I was stuck. Love this game, and also the first Riddles of Fate Game. Running Windows 7 PC laptop by the way.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 9, 14 10:09 AM
I have spent the whole day playing this game and found only two glitches. One was in the bonus game, I solved the last puzzle but didn't get anything, I checked the strategy guide to make sure I'd done the puzzle correctly and I had, but I didn't receive the object needed to complete the game so had to hit the Skip button in order to finish it.

The other glitch was the acheivements ratings - I did not use a single hint in any one of them but when I looked the acheivements it said I had completed 13/15 HOS without hints - I'm very annoyed about this as I never use hints in HOS, even if it takes me an hour to find the object.

I am also annoyed by the bonus game, it was obviously shortened but I won't say anything else as so many have not got to the bonus chapter yet.

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Mar 10, 14 10:11 AM
I have the same tech problem with a jerky game. Have tried uninstall and reinstall. Have also switched custom cursor. This is the first Elephant game I have had this problem with. I think I will skip this trial and see if it gets fixed by the time the SE comes out.

1misssam
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 1misssam on Mar 10, 14 4:28 PM
I've played ALOT of Elephant Games and will admit that usually run into some type of difficulty but today frosted my PC's cake. After truly enjoying this game I turned on my computer for the first time in the last 24 hrs. to find the "classic elephant glitch" I uninstall. I reinstall . I take off ALL special effect wide screen full screen and this time no matter what the game preforms POORLY. I must say that normally the games are worth the extra trouble but now I'm just fed-up. I've played a lot of BF games but only this developer requires this much extra frustration and time . Shame on you BF for not screening the product better.

Go to: