Cannot get on game

[Post New]by TerrisRanch on Mar 6, 14 4:41 AM
My manor name it Teri Fun House. I have not been able to get on my game since Tues. night. I don't know how many of my neighbors get on this forum and will read this. I have contacted customer service and am just waiting. Please don't delete me off your neighbor list. I'm hoping this will get fixed.

I sure do miss playing. I think I'm having with drawls.

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

Re:Cannot get on game

[Post New]by moosetracker on Mar 6, 14 5:53 AM
Yeah, I feel your pain.. I created a secondary manor and have been playing that for the week.. With the 2x silver boost I made into a 4x silver boost I've got a good start on it, so plan to play both if I can get my original manor back.. But, I had a lovely well situated original game, and really want it back.. I would also like to get it back before the Treasure hunt is over so I can get it the extra HOS scene and do a 4x silver boost to it also..

My primary manor has been broken for over a week.. I have had some communication with CS.. They found my manor, THEY think they fixed my manor.. How I am to get to my fixed manor though was cryptic and I have tried a few things.. I am waiting for some more info on how to unbreak the program in my main user profile so that I could even pick up whatever fix they gave me.. (It sticks at the Dark Manor Splash screen, so don't even get to the Mansion "entrance" screen which would give me the options menu..)

But it sounded like they linked it to my facebook page for me to pick up.. But, under my primary FB account it is not there.. I turned on my guest user profile, and tried to attach, but it doesn't say something like "Found a game already set up, do you want to attach".. Rather it wanted to create a new game for me, so I canceled that..

I panic because it sounded like they attached it to my secondary FB account that I created to attach my secondary manor to, and they told me to unattach from my secondary game to pick up my primary game.. I was in shock that it looked like I had lost my secondary game when I unattached it.. But when I reattached, my secondary game is on my secondary account.. So I have no clue where they put my primary manor if not on my primary FB account nor my secondary FB account. Those are my only two accounts...

Well, at least they found my primary manor.. Just they have to figure out how to get me my primary manor, without killing my secondary manor in the process.. Hopefully in a way I can play it on my primary user profile in windows so I don't have to have multiple secondary user profiles for each Dark manor, while I can play no Dark manor in my primary user profile..

drivin
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by drivin on Mar 6, 14 6:24 AM
I was having trouble yesterday afternoon through this morning getting into the game on my PC. It would hang on the game's entrance page. I had been getting a message that I had logged in using another device which had not happened.

I usually use the game icon on my desktop and when I was once again unable to get the game to fully load and let me in, after I hit escape and the game manager window opened, I tried to go in using the game manager and had no trouble with the game loading and letting me play. Is the desktop icon now considered a device?

[Post New]by TerrisRanch on Mar 6, 14 12:33 PM
No, I can usually play from either. But right now I cant get on either one. I have been playing since Aug. and this is the first day I have not played. It is making me crazy

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Mar 6, 14 12:41 PM
Does it let you enter, but then boot you out? Or is it like mine where it will not let you even get to the screen with the enter button and/or option menu???

Skari
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Skari on Mar 6, 14 12:46 PM
Mine won't ever go past the "No Internet Connection" screen. I haven't been able to play in days. And I just got into this game too! Wish we could just "restore" back to last week's version before the update.

Edited on 03/06/2014 at 12:51:51 PM PST

[Post New]by TerrisRanch on Mar 6, 14 1:30 PM
The screen comes up and says Dark Manor. Before the enter button. It doesn't go blank it just does nothing at all.

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Mar 6, 14 1:48 PM
You got, exactly what I got... I am working with CS on it right now.. Do you have your mansion tied to a FB account, if not then do you have your manor number (from the option menu DarkManor-######### and you need to know what you changed your mansion address to exact punctuation upper & lower case..

They will be having you wipe out the folder on the harddrive with the game in it. But.. even when they did that, when it recreated the folder it still is acting very weird.. It now allows me to get to the entrance screen with the manor behind and the ghosts in the forefront with enter up on the top gate.. But when I click on enter, or the option menu or even hit escape and get the popup of "Do you want to quit, "yes" "No" The mouse arrow moves to where I want it, but clicking on anything does absolutely nothing.. I had to ctrl/alt/delete and end the task from the task manager..

I created another windows user profile, and set up a new game to play out of there.. But that seems to be confusing CS.. They for some reason want to take down both games... Why pray tell do they need to take down the working game that is set up under a totally different user profile, in order to fix the broken game?? Do not know..

Anyway, we have been at it for a week and ahalf now..

[Post New]by TerrisRanch on Mar 6, 14 2:00 PM
OMG I am so sory you are going through that. I didn't link it to facebook. I was just telling my husband I needed to that. Since I don't do face book he was going to help. We didn't get around to it. I do have my # written down and included that in my e-mail to customer service. Wish me luck.

[Post New]by domriva on Mar 6, 14 3:52 PM
I have exactly the same problem like TerrisRanch ...and also waiting for help from customer service.

My manor is Astley Hall- please neighbours don't delete me!

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Mar 6, 14 5:14 PM
Misery loves company.. The more people dialing the hot line with the exact same problem, the more likely they will take the time to come up with the solution..

LifeforceOne
Herring
Herring
384 Posts

[Post New]by LifeforceOne on Mar 7, 14 5:22 AM
Same problem on iPad! Waiting on CS but suffering withdrawal symptoms at 7 Lifeforce Blvd!

drukenclam
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by drukenclam on Mar 7, 14 7:45 AM
LifeforceOne wrote:Same problem on iPad! Waiting on CS but suffering withdrawal symptoms at 7 Lifeforce Blvd!

Mine started giving me problems again last night and now won't load. Took a month to fix it. Only been working for about 2 weeks

Edited on 03/07/2014 at 7:45:47 AM PST

WhiteladiesRd
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by WhiteladiesRd on Mar 7, 14 8:52 AM
I just got my manor back!!!
My game crashed when I wanted to collect the bonus for a quest in chapter 14.1

It was a bit of a shock. I had to delete some files and restart the game. There I was with a complete new manor, empty as empty can be. Then I had to send in the new manor ID. CS swapped the manors and this morning I was able to open my old manor!

Thanks Michael from CS!!!

I keep my fins crossed for you who are "manor-less" and hope the repairs will be so smooth as I experienced it.

Go to: