Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

I give up on the Tomb section and here is why ...

[Post New]by Faylyn on Mar 6, 14 1:46 PM
I've read every entry in both the Review and Technical sections and can't find an answer as to the problem I'm having. I am stuck at the tomb with the pillars and arrows. I have everything placed exactly as the Strategy Guide shows and the tomb does not open. I can go no further in the game and the Map shows nowhere else to go. The Hint button gives no hints. This is such a disappointment as I was enjoying playing the game with no problems until now. I have spent at least an hour trying to figure out what to do but to no avail. I give up.

Sage103082
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,562 Posts

Re:I give up on the Tomb section and here is why ...

[Post New]by Sage103082 on Mar 6, 14 1:55 PM
Is this is the puzzle where you put the chess pieces in and then move the arrows, the SG did not show which ways the arrows should face. It just has it written on the page in front of it. I had to skip this puzzle.

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Mar 6, 14 2:15 PM
Sage103082 wrote:Is this is the puzzle where you put the chess pieces in and then move the arrows, the SG did not show which ways the arrows should face. It just has it written on the page in front of it. I had to skip this puzzle.

Yes that is the puzzle I am referring to but I am not able to skip the puzzle as a skip button does not show, only the hint button shows. I am not able to advance to another section and am stuck. In the Strategy Guide I can see the arrows and the way they are pointing though it isn't easy to see them. I'm just so frustrated at this point that I see no alternative but to delete the game and move on to a new one.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Mar 6, 14 9:05 PM
It would be a pity to quit the game at this point Faylyn. I hope that you won't have to. The bonus chapter is really good too.

This puzzle is a real pain and the instructions in the SG are not clear, admittedly. I couldn't understand the logic behind it so I too ended up skipping it but later on I found a thread with some very helpful posts about how you can solve it, here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/272795.page

Maybe these posts could help you figure it out, if you haven't seen them already.

I don't understand why the game doesn't allow you to skip this one. ... Just a thought. Are you sure you have put the compass next to the pillar? If yes, I'm afraid we're talking about another technical issue here, unfortunately.

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Mar 6, 14 10:08 PM
tammytheo wrote:It would be a pity to quit the game at this point Faylyn. I hope that you won't have to. The bonus chapter is really good too.

This puzzle is a real pain and the instructions in the SG are not clear, admittedly. I couldn't understand the logic behind it so I too ended up skipping it but later on I found a thread with some very helpful posts about how you can solve it, here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/272795.page

Maybe these posts could help you figure it out, if you haven't seen them already.

I don't understand why the game doesn't allow you to skip this one. ... Just a thought. Are you sure you have put the compass next to the pillar? If yes, I'm afraid we're talking about another technical issue here, unfortunately.

Yes, it must be another technical issue because the Hint button is the only one available and I waited over 10 mins. to see if it would change to Skip but it has not. I've tried more than once. Yes, the compass is next to the pillar. Since I last posted here I deleted my player name and deleted the game. I have just reloaded it and will get a new player name and start again from the beginning. It is frustrating as all get out to have to do this but since some here are having technical problems in different areas, I can only guess this is what happened to me when I first downloaded the game. I'll try one more time. As it was, I couldn't progress due to the tomb not opening.

Edited on 03/06/2014 at 10:14:12 PM PST

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Mar 7, 14 4:15 AM
Faylyn...I had much trouble with this part too until I read a helpful post by grandbg that said the red arrow is always pointing to the north. That clue plus the clue written in the guide book is what helped me pass this part.

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Mar 7, 14 6:23 AM
sunshinej wrote:Faylyn...I had much trouble with this part too until I read a helpful post by grandbg that said the red arrow is always pointing to the north. That clue plus the clue written in the guide book is what helped me pass this part.

Thank you for info, sunshine. I deleted the game last night and started over with new player name. When I get to that section again and if I still have trouble, I'll remember this. Thanks again. Appreciate your help.

Sage103082
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,562 Posts

[Post New]by Sage103082 on Mar 7, 14 7:18 AM
I was only able to see the skip option when I was zoomed in on one of the arrows. I am going to be replaying and hope someone has a video of it by then. lol.

I took hours to try this on my own until I thought I was going to throw the monitor. lol.

LynFrank
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by LynFrank on Mar 8, 14 12:28 AM
sunshinej wrote:Faylyn...I had much trouble with this part too until I read a helpful post by grandbg that said the red arrow is always pointing to the north. That clue plus the clue written in the guide book is what helped me pass this part.

Thank you for this info - I also have had the same problem and am at this point at the moment - I will try it out now. If I have success, I will not come back here, but if no success I WILL RETURN!!!!

[Post New]by Happy_Gardener on Mar 8, 14 5:44 AM
I have also had this SAME issue!! No skip option and despite trying REPEATEDLY to overcome this problem, have had no luck!! I have manipulated the directions using the red arrow as North and then going through and re-doing everything using the blue arrow as North, to no avail!!! I LOVED this game, until this problem because this problem has occurred very close to the end and having to go back and restart (without knowing that this problem will not recur) is maddening!

[Post New]by Happy_Gardener on Mar 8, 14 6:12 AM
After visiting the Forum responses, I went back to the game and tried to once again place the arrows in the appropriate direction(s). It was when I clicked on the first arrow that I noticed that the SKIP button is revealed!!! I was able to SKIP this 'puzzle' and acquire the third tape!! This was an extremely frustrating element of this game and would prevent me from rating it as one of the best games I've played. (However, I do enjoy the departure from caped visages and fantasy type story lines - which I am totally SICK of seeing!)

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Mar 8, 14 11:19 AM
Boy, this game was a nightmare. I had to skip this puzzle, too. At first, the only thing I was given was a hint, which did not help at all. I placed the glass with the compass at one position. Using the strategy guide, which is all wrong anyway, I found myself trying to put the queen in, on, or around that tower in every way possible, but it would not stay. At that point, I could not pick up the compass. Finally figured once I had put the compass down, it was there at all 4 pillars and unmoveable. When I finally figured out that you had to "insert" the chess pieces rather than place them somewhere, that got things rolling as the arrow you had to maneuver to point in the right direction popped up to you could move it. It was at that point that the "hint" button turned to a "skip" button, and I just skipped it. Hated to do it, wanted to be able to figure it out, but there were quite a few puzzles I wanted to try to figure out and couldn't so had already lost that achievement of no skipping a puzzle.

This game turned out to be a great disappointment to me.

sacksee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by sacksee on Mar 24, 14 5:29 PM
I also had a problem in this area until I read a post that said East is to the right of the red arrow and West is to the left. Hope this helps someone.

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Mar 29, 14 12:02 AM
I can see in the SG where it tells us to move the arrows, but where in the game does it ever give us these directions?? If we didn't check the SG, how would we know where to get these arrow directions??

Daji
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Daji on Mar 29, 14 10:09 AM
SquirrelGirrrl wrote:I can see in the SG where it tells us to move the arrows, but where in the game does it ever give us these directions?? If we didn't check the SG, how would we know where to get these arrow directions??

Yes. The directions are on the stone king's scroll (in a room where the skeleton is). You need a dictionary to translate the text.

Daji
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Daji on Mar 29, 14 10:10 AM
SquirrelGirrrl wrote:I can see in the SG where it tells us to move the arrows, but where in the game does it ever give us these directions?? If we didn't check the SG, how would we know where to get these arrow directions??

P.S. If you already clicked on the stone king's scroll, check your book for the translated text (under 'Clues').

[Post New]by guesswho1968 on Apr 13, 14 11:33 PM
It was so easy and i finished it before the skip was done loading. I'm surprised that you gave up so easily lol

Go to: