March 10 update

silentpages
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

March 10 update

[Post New]by silentpages on Mar 7, 14 6:20 PM
Thank you so much for letting us all know in advance! That's really awesome! Kinda poopy that you locked the thread so I had to create my own to say thanks, but it is what it is.

LynthePin
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

Re:March 10 update

[Post New]by LynthePin on Mar 8, 14 4:21 AM
Yes thanks for that BF.

Edited on 03/08/2014 at 4:23:37 AM PST

[Post New]by glitterbutterfly on Mar 8, 14 5:14 AM
I'm very excited too, especially since I've never been locked out and can just get moving with it. I love new stuff, especially free new stuff.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 8, 14 6:29 AM
Hoping that this update will put an end to the infamous level 18 lock out, the .exe problem, as well as providing new content for the game.

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on Mar 8, 14 7:03 AM
Maybe it was done deliberately so you would know when to stop and wait for new quests?

[Post New]by glitterbutterfly on Mar 8, 14 8:45 AM
zephyrzodiac wrote:Maybe it was done deliberately so you would know when to stop and wait for new quests?

If it was, it missed my version.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 8, 14 8:48 AM

(That's Emmaline doing the happy dance, she's my Tortie. Thumbs belong to me!)
Now all we need is a happy Elephant emoticon, that will probably come after the 10th!

RosieBVT/Emmaline

Edited on 03/08/2014 at 8:49:34 AM PST

msdawn01
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by msdawn01 on Mar 8, 14 9:11 AM
I am happy that a "new" update is coming , but with it comes the big question
will the new update help us get past level 18 ?

Sizzy
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Sizzy on Mar 8, 14 11:23 AM
Yay, glad to see an update is really on the way. Thanks Elephant & Big Fish for giving us a date. Hope it all goes well on Monday and we'll all get to see what happens beyond 18.

bayouguy
Clownfish
Clownfish
815 Posts

[Post New]by bayouguy on Mar 8, 14 11:54 AM
Holy Cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Mar 8, 14 1:47 PM
Thank you, BFG, for letting us know in advance.

The Doctor: 164744

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Mar 8, 14 3:19 PM
Such good news! I've been only gaining stuff for a while now so I didn't trip over to level 18. Looking forward to doing more quests!

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 8, 14 8:02 PM
I just looked at the Tips and Tricks guide and it's got some info in it about the new updates.

You can purchase VIP access to get special bonuses, exclusive avatars, and the rainbow dragon pet.

The dice game will sometimes give prizes instead of or in addition to coins.

The number on the airship screen below the crates that nobody could understand is "rating points", presumably something that will be of use in the future for something other than bragging rights.

Sounds good to me!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 9, 14 8:56 AM
It will be interesting to see how much the purchase price of VIP access will be.

[Post New]by LadySparkle55 on Mar 9, 14 11:01 AM
I'll probably try the update, but frankly I'm peeved that the "solution" was to lock us out. I was just considering gathering the resources to send an air ship when I got locked out. VERY POOR PLANNING in my opinion to not allow players the option to continue to play. I will definitely NOT spend any actual money on a game that treats it's players in this fashion.

Edited on 03/09/2014 at 11:02:04 AM PST

bella_01
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,674 Posts

[Post New]by bella_01 on Mar 9, 14 11:38 AM
Glad to hear about the update. Hopefully I can get back to the game.

Thanks Elephant games for the update!! Wish it was sooner, thou!! I won't be purchasing anything in these games. I feel bad for people that have purchased diamonds and they haven't been able to use them since they have been locked out.

Hopefully the server can handle everyone trying to get back in the game!!

Good luck everyone!!!!

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 9, 14 1:16 PM
LadySparkle55 wrote:I'll probably try the update, but frankly I'm peeved that the "solution" was to lock us out. I was just considering gathering the resources to send an air ship when I got locked out. VERY POOR PLANNING in my opinion to not allow players the option to continue to play. I will definitely NOT spend any actual money on a game that treats it's players in this fashion.

I agree with you that it was very poor planning on their part to simply lock players out simply because they hadn't come up with any additional content. Ticked me off because of the progress I had made on the achievement for consecutive days playing the wheel....I think it's 28 days or something like that. They could have allowed us to continue playing but still waiting for the Keeper of the Castle and the update.

[Post New]by grannykaren1999 on Mar 9, 14 1:26 PM
I'm glad that we're getting a new up date. But I'll wait to load it until I've checked out the forum to see how well it's working. I'm at level 16 close to 17 so I don't want to loose my progress. Here's hoping for the best.

KittChaos
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by KittChaos on Mar 9, 14 4:00 PM
For those who've been reading the fan fiction I've been posting here, I've been hard at work on the next chapter. I hope to have something ready to post tomorrow, about when they take plan to take the game off-line. I know it's not the same as actually playing, but perhaps it can lessen the separation anxiety that no access to Midnight Castle might cause.

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Mar 9, 14 4:01 PM
won't the update be automatic since the game is connected to the server and you can't play without the server?

Go to: