Post your TECH ISSUES for Mystery of Unicorn Castle: The Beastmaster Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Mar 8, 14 12:35 AM
A thread for you to post any tech issues for this game!

Edited on 03/08/2014 at 8:42:59 AM PST

rara3462
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Mystery of Unicorn Castle: The Beastmaster Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by rara3462 on Mar 8, 14 1:19 AM
This seems to be a good game, however the transition between scenes is very slow and making them out of sync.
You hear the action beginning of a change then new scene and you've missed what happened.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Mystery of Unicorn Castle: The Beastmaster Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bratzgram on Mar 8, 14 5:44 AM
I really wanted to play this but it runs so slow that my cursor freezes and I have to wait for everything to catch up. Very irritating!

[Post New]by NancySusan on Mar 8, 14 6:52 AM
Well, here's a new one -- from the moment this game loaded, I had a large window in the left part of the screen extending pas the middle of the screen and down part way, where the color didn't match the rest of the screen. There's no difference in the picture, other than anything inside that window had a slightly different color which was more subdued than the rest of the picture. Just really odd and stayed there into the beginning of game play, when I gave up on it and exited the game. I have a 23" widescreen. No idea what to do about that. My computer is new enough (last year) that I had no trouble running the demo, other than the window which made it too distracting to play the game.

[Post New]by cdewett on Mar 8, 14 7:52 AM
The game seems to run fine until you get to a puzzle. I had to skip the mouse puzzle. The mouse would only go forward, backwards, or down. It would not go up at all. I found the warlock piece and when I put it on the castle to view some scenes, the puzzle froze. I could back out of it and go back in but clicking on the warlock would give me nothing. I would like to play the game but not have to skip all the puzzles. Can anyone give me suggestions on how I can fix this bug? Thanks.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 8, 14 8:42 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Thanks for getting the tech thread started pondprowler!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

ppasolvr
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by ppasolvr on Mar 8, 14 11:04 AM
I had really slow play while playing the demo, so much so that I thought several times the game had frozen. Then the most concerning was that when I exited the game--and I was planning on purchasing it!--after doing your typical exit screens, when the game closed there was no longer a Big Fish Game Manager to be had! I tried to open it clicking on the icon, but no manager to be found. Then I tried a quick fix of downloading a game (that I didn't really want) and still no manager, so had to go thru the reinstall again. This scared me enough that I ended up buying another Collector's Edition for today's sale. Gone are the days when I buy 2 Collector's Editions on sales like this one, now that the only way to get a punch for using a free game coupon is to use it on Mondays, and now you get only 1 punch instead of 2!

youreyes13
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by youreyes13 on Mar 8, 14 6:18 PM
Another game that won't play...this makes 3 this past week. This is REALLY getting old. I have a fairly new MBP that has no issues, however over the past 6+ months I've had nothing but problems with BFG games...they have really gone downhill, including the lack of customer service when so many other people are having the same problems over and over. Very sad.

[Post New]by irssecretary on Mar 8, 14 11:09 PM
I bought this game with two credits. I have to say this is the most disappointing collector's edition I have ever seen. This game was unplayable. I halted and skipped and dragged to the point the I could not even sharpen the shears in the coach shed. I was so frustrated, I quit playing it. I have never had a major problem with any of my Big Fish games. If this problem is not fixed, I would like my game credits back please. I don't see how they can even call this a collector's edition, the quality is awful!

[Post New]by dolilikestoplay on Mar 9, 14 9:39 AM
When I close the game there is no game manager.
I have to start the pc again than there is the gm again.
That is very bad!

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Mar 9, 14 10:14 AM
G'Day,

Thanks for bringing these to our attention.

dolilikestoplay do you happen to have Quick Exit enabled in your Big Fish Games app? If this is enabled and you've purchased Mystery of Unicorn Castle, the app will not reopen when exiting.

You should have a short-cut either on your desktop or Start menu to reopen the app.
If that still doesn't get the app open for you, it may help to uninstall and reinstall it.

youreyes13 if you haven't already, please reach out to Customer Support with a Dr Felix report, and the names of the games that haven't opened this week. We definitely want to get to the bottom of why games aren't starting for you.

bfgMurrumbidgee

HolyCarp
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by HolyCarp on Mar 9, 14 12:13 PM
same problem with the mouse puzzle.....mouse will NOT go up.
Bah

[Post New]by dolilikestoplay on Mar 10, 14 8:17 AM
"
dolilikestoplay do you happen to have Quick Exit enabled in your Big Fish Games app? If this is enabled and you've purchased Mystery of Unicorn Castle, the app will not reopen when exiting."

Quick Exit allways is disabeld.
Can`t start the big fish app from start menu.
Re-install and install doesn`t help.

Edited on 03/10/2014 at 8:18:46 AM PST

[Post New]by katythequeen on Mar 10, 14 9:52 AM
The game is okay but about half-way through it gets stuck and won't let you out. Everything you do takes you back to the same spot.

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Mar 10, 14 2:10 PM
The game is freezing up my computer which is brand new less than 3 months old when I got to the daisy puzzle where you have to put the roman numerals in order. It takes you back there every time and freezes again. Not happy at this point.

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Game sort of locked up

[Post New]by A1psyko on Mar 11, 14 7:08 AM
I played yesterday for awhile just fine no issues. Today I launch the game and can move around the map but no indicators on where to go next. Hints not working. I can't use anything in my inventory on areas where they belong. New computer, 2 months old. This is wrong, we shouldn't have these issues.
So now do I uninstall and reinstall? Will I lose my accomplishments so far?

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Found It! Fixed It!

[Post New]by A1psyko on Mar 11, 14 9:59 AM
Thank you MildewWolf. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Found where the issue was. In Chapter 4 (I think that is the correct chapter that has the chess game). I had finished it but one chess piece didn't stick where I placed it. The chess piece had returned to the side and it just happens that piece was directly behind one on the board. Hard to see. So once I reset the one chess piece the game moved on. It did take me awhile to find (remember) where a couple of the games were but once I did, all is well. Thank you for your quick response to my issue. My error.

cactusnan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by cactusnan on Mar 12, 14 1:24 PM
My problem is putting the pick together. I have the handle but each time I put it on the pick head it just throws it back at me. I even restarted the game under a new name & it happened again.

btw I had the same problem with the mouse, then took it a little slower & got the mouse to go up. It was very frustrating.

trolde
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by trolde on Mar 13, 14 9:26 AM
Hi i have play the came to the place where you put the figure in, and try to go feather with the map, but the game frezing and have to delete and when i do that there are a block coming up say : lua/herbarium, lua52; attempt to get lenght of field 't_obj(a nil value) : i havent any ide of what this mean and try to reinstall the game but the same happend has anyone seen this before i be glad to here what to do. Nice day to all

[Post New]by grannyrobinson on Mar 13, 14 12:27 PM
IT KEEPS SENDING BACK TO THE ARMORY AND THE ARMORY STUFFED THING. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING TO FIGURE THIS OUT BUT THERE IS NOTHING. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO AVOID IT, BUT ONE I WORK A PUZZLE AND GET ANOTHER THING DONE...IT SENDS ME RIGHT BACK TO THE ARMORY. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Go to: