katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

HO scene penalty.

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Mar 8, 14 1:48 AM
Great game but I seriously dislike the click penalty in HO scenes. You have to stop and trace a rune before you can continue.
I don't like click penalties at the best of times but this one takes the biscuit.
I'm not familiar with the developer but if they're reading this please don't penalise me for wanting to click around in my own game. Sometimes I want to fast track the HO scenes and I do that by fast clicking.

Other than that I've been enjoying the game and it looks like it has something different going on with the karma choices.
Look forward to seeing what the outcomes are!

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

Re:HO scene penalty.

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Mar 8, 14 3:10 AM
Glad you said about that katejoe999, I am a terror for clicking whilst looking! I must remember that when I get into the game. Thank you.

kjos
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by kjos on Mar 8, 14 6:14 AM
The hints take over a minute to recharge. Thats to long to wait. Won't be buying this game to bad I like it.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Mar 8, 14 6:35 AM
change the difficulty setting and you wont get a penalty for clicking. I don't mind the game and I guess it could be something to play on a boring day..... so I may buy it just for that reason.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 8, 14 10:30 AM
hannah57 is absolutely right!

If you set the gameplay to the 'Casual' difficulty, apparently the click penalties are lessened and the hint button recharges faster (though it is still over a minute). However, there are also 'wisps' that seem to randomly float around in certain scenes that instantly recharge the hint button when clicked.

Happy Gaming everyone!

bfgWendwater

bobhillman
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by bobhillman on Mar 12, 14 5:13 AM
The wisps seem to appear any time the hint button is not fully charged (a bit like the fairies you had to click on to recharge the hint in the original "Mystery of Unicorn Castle, if anybody remembers it - I only know because I replayed it before I started "Beastmaster"!! ).

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 13, 14 4:30 AM
I'm now playing "Casual," because I find the HO scenes so dark that I not only sometimes have to use a hint...but even after I get a hint I'm still clicking several times! I've finished the main game and really enjoyed it...but not the darkness of the HOS.

Go to: