Fury161
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Women's Day

[Post New]by Fury161 on Mar 8, 14 1:53 AM
Hello everyone,is that someone could give me the code for the promo,they were recently displayed after it is advisable me an update and there again more rien.Thank you and many good games.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

Re:Women's Day

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Mar 8, 14 2:00 AM
Hi,
I'm pretty sure it was STRONG.
For strong women I guess

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Mar 8, 14 2:03 AM
Strong for CE, equal for SE.

Fury161
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Fury161 on Mar 8, 14 2:09 AM
Thank you very much and good day to all the women who are actually strong and tender !

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Mar 8, 14 2:19 AM
I didn't even know there was such a thing as Women's Day. Yay, for us strong women!

Do I need to tell my husband? I mean, are we eligible for a box of choccies and some flowers?

I'm loving the game so far. The choices we make will influence how it plays? Wowzers. Nice one, devs!!

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Mar 8, 14 2:30 AM
Tiger2010 wrote:I didn't even know there was such a thing as Women's Day. Yay, for us strong women!

Do I need to tell my husband? I mean, are we eligible for a box of choccies and some flowers?

I'm loving the game so far. The choices we make will influence how it plays? Wowzers. Nice one, devs!!

Have him get you both. Shucks, you deserve it. Cause didn't you know that women are the backbone of men? As the saying goes: "Behind every man is a good woman".

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Mar 8, 14 2:41 AM
LOL, sassylassie. Good thinking! Here's a couple of boxes of choccies for you also.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Mar 8, 14 3:15 AM
LOL... Tiger and sassylassie! I think I'll ask Theo for a new pair of shoes! Just kidding...

Here's to all the women in the world! Especially those who are going through some kind of struggle but still have warmth and kindness in their hearts nevertheless...

Well, the game looks very promising and the great sale today makes it even better! BF you're spoiling us but do keep on, please! Saturday has become my favorite day of the week!

Happy gaming everyone! I hope the sun shines bright wherever you are!

Agnes_2810
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by Agnes_2810 on Mar 8, 14 3:31 AM
Thank you BFG for the proof!!!

We always had Woman Day on the 8th March. But my german husband never knew it, and he didn't belived me. But today I could show him the sale: "Look, the whole world knows it!"

Now he's gone, I hope he'll buy me flowers and chocolate and jewellery and maybe a new car...? (After so much years of incredulity!)

Agnes, the woman in hope

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Mar 8, 14 3:56 AM
Agnes_2810 wrote:Thank you BFG for the proof!!!

We always had Woman Day on the 8th March. But my german husband never knew it, and he didn't belived me. But today I could show him the sale: "Look, the whole world knows it!"

Now he's gone, I hope he'll buy me flowers and chocolate and jewellery and maybe a new car...? (After so much years of incredulity!)

Agnes, the woman in hope

Good luck Agnes - I hope he gets you something really lovely for all those back years!

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Mar 8, 14 3:59 AM
tammytheo wrote:LOL... Tiger and sassylassie! I think I'll ask Theo for a new pair of shoes! Just kidding...

Here's to all the women in the world! Especially those who are going through some kind of struggle but still have warmth and kindness in their hearts nevertheless...

Well, the game looks very promising and the great sale today makes it even better! BF you're spoiling us but do keep on, please! Saturday has become my favorite day of the week!

Happy gaming everyone! I hope the sun shines bright wherever you are!

When I saw that Tammy I expected to see a mountain of chocolates!

Have to agree with your second paragraph, lets hope the sun shines on them

Bibliobat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Bibliobat on Mar 8, 14 4:11 AM
Flowers? Chocolates? Yes, I'll vote for that. Plus it being his turn to drive tonight so I can have a glass of wine in the theatre interval if I feel like one.
Strength and equality is what it's about. Though, hang on, maybe that means gender equal gifts, so I may have to settle for a bottle of a decent red - which I'll share - naturally.
Seriously now, it's a good day to think about all the underprivileged, undervalued women of the world and what we can do to make a difference for them.

Edited on 03/08/2014 at 4:21:49 AM PST

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Mar 8, 14 5:14 AM
A somber note, bibliobat, but well worth remembering! Who remembers the days when we weren't allowed into bars unless we worked in them? Or we could sit in the 'children's lounge' ?

And weren't allowed to wear trousers to school, only skirts or dresses. No loose flowing hair?

Heck, I even had to attend a course on make up before I could start work in the bank!!

Lot of women out there could tell similar stories. We've come a long way, let's not forget those still struggling.

So an especially happy joyous and sunshiny day to those women still fighting the good fight.

Oh, and enjoy the game! I loved it!

Edited on 03/08/2014 at 5:17:05 AM PST

Bibliobat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Bibliobat on Mar 8, 14 7:28 AM
Thanks JTF.
Yes, seems like only yesterday when I caused a sensation by turning up at work in, shock, horror, a trouser suit. Makeup lessons, now there's a thing; never had those, but I'm a librarian and everyone knows that's spelled F.R.U.M.P. Ain't steriotyping wonderful?
Never been kept out of bars as such but I'm proud to say I always refused to have my beer served in a ladies glass. Our dainty hands apparently being unable to cope with anything without a stem.
Yes, I did enjoy the game, rats and all, definitely another one for my buy list.
Oh, and thanks for your always excellent reviews.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Mar 8, 14 7:32 AM
Tiger2010 wrote:LOL, sassylassie. Good thinking! Here's a couple of boxes of choccies for you also.

Thank you kindly my friend and here is to enjoy as well. Now to see what this Beastmaster is all about. Oh shucks I thought that was a picture of a woman. Totally Shucks I hope my new glasses come in soon, need them

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Mar 8, 14 8:04 AM
JTF - I lived through those as well. Here's to the much-improved lives!

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 8, 14 11:04 AM
Hi All!

For those of you interested in learning more about our Women's Day special promotion, I have a link to a great help article below:

Women's Day Weekend Sale

The coupon codes are:

STRONG to get any Collector's Edition for only $7.99.

EQUAL to get any standard version game for only $3.99.

I hope this helps and enjoy the promotion!

bfgWendwater

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Mar 8, 14 5:46 PM
I was fourteen when my sister (over six years older than I) took me to my first "Women's Consciousness Training".......and we still had a dress code at school....no trousers for girls.
A year later we were allowed to wear dress slacks.
Two years later and we could wear bluejeans and workshorts and beads.....even the guys! and I had ceased to wear a bra, I am sure much to the dismay of my High School teachers.....and probably much to the joy of the High School boys.

We have come a long way since then, and I am a great believer in equal rights for all, including men.....and hope we never lose what we fought so hard to get.

In the meantime, until someone points out a march to burn bras that keep breasts from getting caught in waistbands, I will enjoy wearing dresses again!

and searching through Big Fish for a lone Maiden.....for as Orphan points out, not all Maidens qualify to catch a Unicorn!

enerald
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by enerald on Mar 8, 14 8:31 PM
1911 is when the "movement" began ... the Right for Women to Vote! March 8 has been the "nominated" annual international conference, held literally all over the world now, even with Queensland alone holding 259 functions/events yesterday! Got to my 1st conference on Fri (yes, 7th, but room bookings!!) - a dream I've had since 1962! As my grandmother was the 1st Sufragette in Tasmania (photos of here in papers chained to the gates of Parliament House), been a very important part of my life & beliefs - & still try to show the way for young people ... you CAN do it if you work for it, regardless of what other people think (or do their best to tell you otherwise) <3

Go to: