RATS!!

KGDBLU
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

RATS!!

[Post New]by KGDBLU on Mar 8, 14 8:55 PM
I normally love these games and have played them all. I always start with the "Easy" mode to get a feel for each level.

However, I CANNOT get past the rat infestation level, even on the easy mode. There seems to be a timer, which I can't beat.

I've built farms for food, houses for silver, and clicked on what rats I can catch (lil buggers are fast!) to no avail.

Is there a trick to this level? HELP!

Edited on 03/08/2014 at 8:56:19 PM PST

Katamaria
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:RATS!!

[Post New]by Katamaria on Mar 8, 14 10:35 PM
Same here wish I could just skip it

[Post New]by hyprmut on Mar 9, 14 2:33 PM
Stuck on rats too. I'm on "normal" and doing good, all gold so far. But... Rats!! These buggers are fast, move from multiple places to various places in unpredictable patterns. Any tricks or cheats? Otherwise I have paid for less than half a game.

[Post New]by hyprmut on Mar 9, 14 2:46 PM
The level can be skipped. On the map, the next playable level is in the upper left, near the picture of the coins.

Glad I found the bypass. I am enjoying this game but just can't manage the clicky-clicky parts.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Mar 9, 14 3:20 PM
thank you hyprmut for the information about being able to skip it.

KGDBLU
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by KGDBLU on Mar 9, 14 9:44 PM
hyprmut wrote:The level can be skipped. On the map, the next playable level is in the upper left, near the picture of the coins.

Glad I found the bypass. I am enjoying this game but just can't manage the clicky-clicky parts.

Oh thank you! I was really stating to become annoyed with the game...

[Post New]by hyprmut on Mar 10, 14 9:56 AM
One more comment. The rats aren't on a timer, per se, but go to uninfected houses. Once all the houses are glowing green the level is over. I may try again later, concentrating on keeping ONE or two houses free while I get the farm and druid up.

daisydana
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by daisydana on Mar 10, 14 11:28 AM
I found it easier to not worry about the houses on the outer borders getting infected. I just concentrated on keeping those in the enter courtyard safe so I could get silver. I only built one farm and used the bushes. What also helped me was while I was waiting to collect silver or food if I kept my my mouse right over the nests so I could click on the rats as soon as the came from the pile. The biggest issue I found with that method was when the pile was in the inner courtyard right by a house. I couldn't click fast enough so it kept getting infected and then when another rat came out I would keep accidentally clicking on the house and the druid would heal it setting me back in my food and silver amounts. I was able to get three stars, but it took me one or two times. Hope this helps!!!

[Post New]by Tarziggy on Mar 14, 14 1:42 PM
I hate clickety levels, but here's how I did it in 3 stars time.
Upgrade base
Clear 2 building lots & build farm & druid
Upgrade base
IMPORTANT: Ignore all houses in center. Rats run there first most of the time. You'll spend all your time disinfecting the same house.
Keep houses behind stone wall on left disinfected for silver.
Use bushes & fish for food. You need the silver to clear out the nests.
Chop trees early to get 20 wood for 3rd rat den.
After all the nests are destroyed there won't be any more rats. Collect food & silver and disinfect all remaining houses.

Hope this helps.

[Post New]by absintheoflight on Mar 16, 14 2:28 AM
I built a house (whichever is the highest available level) to get silver. Doing this saved me a LOT of time and I was able to kill the nests much quicker. I had plenty of time left when I finished it.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Mar 17, 14 4:55 AM
hyprmut wrote:The level can be skipped. On the map, the next playable level is in the upper left, near the picture of the coins.

You are my hero! Thanks so much.

DK

PS Have to admit, I had a 'duh' moment when I realized I had totally overlooked this.

linda603
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by linda603 on Mar 24, 14 3:43 AM
i can't even find the nests

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Mar 24, 14 2:24 PM
linda603 wrote:i can't even find the nests

Hi - you have to wait for the dialogue that tells you where each one is and they are:

1 - Bags of Grain, bottom left
2 - Haystack, top right
3 - Drain in middle tunnel
4 - Boxes, bottom right

[Post New]by StevenKnox on Mar 27, 14 7:31 PM
There's still a bug in this level, though. After a few rounds, I found I couldn't click on ANYTHING without it saying I needed more food -- even food bushes said 1 food required.

Turns out somehow I ended up with -1 food.

pokkies
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by pokkies on Apr 30, 14 1:22 AM
Thank you. I could not find the next level without you.
I love the game but HATE these little games inbetween.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on May 21, 14 6:20 PM
I beat the game by three methods.
I made sure I got as many rats as I could each time they came out......
they almost always headed for the area around the fountain before going to a house.

I built the Druids house first
a farm second.....
and I increased the amount of Vikings whenever I could.
I also built a second farm.....the two farms gave me the needed food, as did sending excess Vikings out to gather fish and berries whenever there were no rats....that saved money for the Druid to clear houses.....
and of course, I kept collecting rent.

It was tiring but satisfying and anyone finishing deserves a good cold beer afterward....or maybe some mead with the favorite Viking of their choice.

lacard
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by lacard on May 27, 14 8:31 AM

Thank You !!! Didn't even try to skip it but it's driving me nuts. Otherwise, love the game --- except for the incessant chatter LOL

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on May 30, 14 8:11 PM
lol Lacard.....
I don't think any sane person would like the constant chatter.
I just turn the sound very low and try to ignore it.....but, I am pretty good at tuning somethings out.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jul 20, 14 3:40 PM
I would like to thank all of you for the info about how to skip this level. I was just about to start a rant at BF and developer about games that have levels you just cannot get past (even on the easy mode) in order to progress to the next level and ASK FOR MY MONEY BACK!!! I have not forgotten the game with the ghosts and keeping the sheep in the disintegrating pens that got deleted from my GM.

I'VE ONLY PLAYED THIS GAME ABOUT A DOZEN TIMES UP TO THAT LEVEL!!

Edited on 07/20/2014 at 3:42:06 PM PST

mbeish
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by mbeish on Aug 16, 14 3:58 PM
I still cant find the bypass to the left of two coins on top it only shows about one and a half coins like they took my bypass away

Go to: