TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

I thought I understood the new neighbor setup, but now I'm not so sure. ..........

[Post New]by TnTexas on Mar 9, 14 5:40 PM
Last night, I was clearing out some neighbors. Afterwards, I was looking for one in particular and couldn't find it, even after pressing the "load more" button until it disappeared. I assumed I'd accidentally deleted the person, even though I'd been very careful.

Today, I received a gift from the neighbor in question so I took advantage of the opportunity to pin the name. (Yes, I made sure I pinned it.) Unbelievably, the name disappeared again - despite having been pinned! I thought when you pinned someone, they stayed put! Sigh.

Edited on 03/10/2014 at 4:20:15 AM PST

Re:I thought I understood the new neighbor setup, but now I'm not so sure. ..........

[Post New]by mywildirishrose on Mar 9, 14 6:08 PM
That's what I thought too. I'll check back here later to see if anyone has any ideas/explanations.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

Re:I thought I understood the new neighbor setup, but now I'm not so sure. ..........

[Post New]by eli173 on Mar 9, 14 6:48 PM
My experience has been a little creepy: I received gifts from neighbors I had either deleted because they hadn't played in some time or thought they had deleted me. One of them even had a notice that she would soon abandon the game and was shown as "played two weeks ago". I pinned those neighbors and then accepted their gifts. Right then they disappeared again and I haven't seen them since. I suspect that if someone is deleted or abandons the game when s/he has sent gifts which have for some reason not yet reached the recipient, these gifts remain in limbo. The recent update's purpose was to unearth all pending gifts but in such cases it seems that the gifts triggered the momentary reappearance of the ghost of the deleted or gone neighbor.

I fact, this was the only exception I have noticed to my observation stated in another thread that once a neighbor or invite is deleted the name does not appear again.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Mar 9, 14 8:42 PM
eli173 wrote:My experience has been a little creepy: I received gifts from neighbors I had either deleted because they hadn't played in some time or thought they had deleted me. One of them even had a notice that she would soon abandon the game and was shown as "played two weeks ago". I pinned those neighbors and then accepted their gifts. Right then they disappeared again and I haven't seen them since. I suspect that if someone is deleted or abandons the game when s/he has sent gifts which have for some reason not yet reached the recipient, these gifts remain in limbo. The recent update's purpose was to unearth all pending gifts but in such cases it seems that the gifts triggered the momentary reappearance of the ghost of the deleted or gone neighbor.

I fact, this was the only exception I have noticed to my observation stated in another thread that once a neighbor or invite is deleted the name does not appear again.

If this does turn out to be the case, I hope I'll get a chance to reconnect with the missing neighbor. I thought I was being so careful about those I was deleting - reading the names and not clicking the x until then. I have no idea how he/she disappeared,

Edited on 03/10/2014 at 4:19:10 AM PST

LaReinaGitana
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,007 Posts

[Post New]by LaReinaGitana on Mar 9, 14 9:17 PM
Once again I reiterate -- I HATE not being able to scroll through my invitations!

And I really, really, REALLY want a "search for specific manors" function!

And whatever this last neighbor "fix" did, I really don't like at all!

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Mar 9, 14 9:54 PM
I'm still not sold on the new setup either. I hate the fact that making sure I'm receiving all of my gifts is now on me. I hate having to scroll through all the names several times in order to make sure they're all loaded and all possible gifts show up - which was why I was deleting some names in the first place, so I wouldn't have to scroll through so many names.

Being able to search for a specific mansion would be fantastic! And I thought that before I lost this neighbor.

Edited on 03/10/2014 at 4:23:59 AM PST

papa_pahs
Minnow
Minnow
289 Posts

[Post New]by papa_pahs on Mar 10, 14 4:16 AM
ok ... the strangest thing just happened. When I logged onto the game this morning I had several gifts waiting. The odd thing is that most of them were from neighbours who had not played for 3 or sometimes 4 weeks.

When I checked their manors, their name had the "-------" indicating they had not logged on since the latest update. have these gifts I received today just been floating around in the DM ether for the last month?

perplexed ....

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Mar 10, 14 5:29 AM
papa_pahs wrote:ok ... the strangest thing just happened. When I logged onto the game this morning I had several gifts waiting. The odd thing is that most of them were from neighbours who had not played for 3 or sometimes 4 weeks.

When I checked their manors, their name had the "-------" indicating they had not logged on since the latest update. have these gifts I received today just been floating around in the DM ether for the last month?

perplexed ....

I had this also, but the odd thing was, the manor name was "Really NO gifts PLEASE" last played 1month, and hand to god, I had no manor named that in my neighbor list...so how did he/she change the manor name and still be listed as a month old. The next time I logged in, it was off my neighbor list. So I must of been deleted from thier list...strange things indeed.

zed_dee2
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by zed_dee2 on Mar 10, 14 6:56 AM
LaReinaGitana wrote:Once again I reiterate -- I HATE not being able to scroll through my invitations!

And I really, really, REALLY want a "search for specific manors" function!

And whatever this last neighbor "fix" did, I really don't like at all!

I so agree that we need a 'search for a specific manor' option- brilliant idea!

I have discovered though that you can whizz through the neighbours list by putting your cursor somewhere on the list, then flicking upwards; it acts like a roulette wheel & can spin over 100 names in one hit. (I change the option to sort by name first)

John117LV426
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by John117LV426 on Mar 10, 14 10:55 AM
I find good and bad with the new neighbor list.

I didn't realize that gifts rotate in the list. Normally, I don't click on gifts until I am able to reciprocate, just easier for me to handle gifting-guilt.

The new neighbor list surprised me with gifts I didn't know were there. I accepted all to see what was there and was shocked to find 4x the number of expected gifts.

Edited on 03/10/2014 at 12:30:27 PM PST

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Mar 10, 14 11:37 AM
I suspect that the owner of the manor "Really NO gifts PLEASE" had changed to that name from their original name to stop getting gifts. Manor names are easily changed. I think that the only unique thing to each game is the ID number (Options, Playing as DarkManor-#). I started playing in February and have a number in the low millions. I'd prefer to be able to use this number instead of the long names when I'm keeping track on a scratchpad of who I owe gifts to.

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Mar 10, 14 11:50 AM
temp_89120 - bite your tongue .. I definitely would not have to figure out 189892 from 189982 from 198982.. If people come up with unique names you can remember 2 or 3 of them bouncing from screen to screen in search of..

Also I have a DM game that changed it DarkManor number 3 times in 3 days.. It is driving me bonkers because I am trying to get customer service to reset my manor to this DarkManor and we are trying to hit a moving target..

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Mar 10, 14 3:00 PM
And the mystery continues. After being nowhere in sight, the neighbor sent me another gift and is now back for the moment. I pinned the name again, but noticed it was unpinned after I came back from a visit to their mansion. So apparently I accidentally deleted him on my end , but the connection wasn't broken on his? I have no idea, but that's the only thing I can think of that would explain what's happening. It's really, really weird.

[Post New]by Creepycrawler on Mar 12, 14 4:47 PM
I don't understand the gifting at all. All my old friends I never hear from anymore. I have so many gifts that it is too time consuming to gift everybody. There are hundreds of gifts I have to gift. I wish there was a way to gift a neighbor on the same screen. Receive and gift all in one!

Anpunefru1
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by Anpunefru1 on Mar 12, 14 5:04 PM
why not add a return a gift button to the manor in the list of gifts? Saves a lot of time searching and not finding, allmost giving up and than finding them. I have several i could not find for a long time and than suddenly materialize in front of you. Gifts from people that had not played a day or two etc. Pretty frusty

[Post New]by 4PrivetDrive on Mar 12, 14 10:29 PM
I am experiencing much of what has been said. But I have also noticed something else, I always have a 30 max of gifts. I can give away 20, go do an HOS, and when I get back to my manor I have 30 gifts. If I scroll through and open up all my neighbours (and I have about 500) it does not show more than the 30. So I have no idea how many I actually have. I wish they would display as they come in, oldest first. I have kind of given up on keeping up with them as I have no idea what kind of a back log there is. I also think I may have to add "no gifts" to my manor name until I catch up.

Winfrey3
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by Winfrey3 on Mar 13, 14 6:42 AM
Creepycrawler wrote:I don't understand the gifting at all. All my old friends I never hear from anymore. I have so many gifts that it is too time consuming to gift everybody. There are hundreds of gifts I have to gift. I wish there was a way to gift a neighbor on the same screen. Receive and gift all in one!

Yes, I second that. I ended up with hundreds of gifts after the maintenance to neighbors. I have been gifting my "pinned" neighbors with free gifts and some of the others with gifts bought with silver or once in a while gold when the ??? Attraction gods have been generous. Sometimes I cannot find the neighbors at all even after loading all the neighbors. I think I am about 100 gifts behind on the re gifting and I still have plenty of uncollected gifts.

Winfrey3
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by Winfrey3 on Mar 13, 14 6:53 AM
4PrivetDrive wrote:I am experiencing much of what has been said. But I have also noticed something else, I always have a 30 max of gifts. I can give away 20, go do an HOS, and when I get back to my manor I have 30 gifts. If I scroll through and open up all my neighbours (and I have about 500) it does not show more than the 30. So I have no idea how many I actually have. I wish they would display as they come in, oldest first. I have kind of given up on keeping up with them as I have no idea what kind of a back log there is. I also think I may have to add "no gifts" to my manor name until I catch up.

Yes, same thing here. I always have 30 gifts now so I have no idea how many are still out there. I'm keeping a list but I will probably never be able to return them all especially since I can't even find most of them on my neighbor list. I have been keeping a list and returning gifts as I can. On the plus side right now I can play anytime as there are always plenty of energy gifts but I feel guilty when I can't return a gift. I'm returning gifts with silver and a little gold plus my regular 13 free gifts as soon as I can but it takes forever to find specific neighbors.

I'm also voting for everyone to get rid of their Mockingbird, Lyon, Elm etc numbered addresses and change it to something easier to find.

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on Mar 13, 14 8:58 AM
WOW 30 gifts at all times!!! I would love that. My neighbors are wonderful, and I try to always return gifts, but I have never had more than a 6 at a time. I sometimes run out of gifts to give and have to repay the next day. I too have had neighbors I remember and got gifts from that disappeared for no reason. Most of the time when I hit " list more" the number at the top does not change the first time.
I would love a list all option to load all my neighbors at once. And a way to re-gift neighbors , or at least pin them from the gifts waiting screen.

2 Lovely Lion Eyes Lane

Go to: