Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 9, 12 5:52 AM
All good spec, Nix! So are we using this Talon or was the clue "Use of me" just to get to the thought a bird of prey uses talons to fight? I wonder who Talon is, too. Host? Crew? Villain? Protaganist of the cataclysmic event?

I don't think we're doing anything with the car, just another way of getting us to the solution of talon.

dzzzy
Flounder
Flounder
2,473 Posts

[Post New]by dzzzy on Nov 9, 12 6:01 AM
weissvonnix wrote:Good morning everyone!

Saw Hondo´s list now. Well done fishies!!
So my speculations were wrong. As every year.
Think l should give my MCF badge back.

I'm back, but I have a lot to do today, so I will be an infrequent poster at best. Weissvonnix, Hondo's thread was alphabetical so maybe he just didn't get to your name. There are reasons for hope.

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 9, 12 6:07 AM
Brandy, I'm not leaving as that would be kind of stupid because I have too much fun. Thank you.

[Post New]by rainingreality3 on Nov 9, 12 6:11 AM
weissvonnix wrote:Sam, l thought about Talon too and l bet it is a game character. l don´t see a connection to a car. Why should a car model be so important to get his own clue, except it´s a racing game. And l too found only one book, where a character is called Talon. But several game characters.

One more thing l stumbled upon:

"In Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake, Ms. Thompson plays a psychic medium that helps the Master Detective solve puzzles during their investigation of an eerie ghost town’s mysterious destruction.
Her daughter, Madelyn, stars as a co-host of a Ghost Patrol TV show that’s filming on-scene to uncover the haunted legacy of the town."

lf this said Ms. Thompson assists the MD, where the heck is this Ghost Patrol team??
And it must/should be a team of at least 5 persons! The host of the show (yet unknown), the co-host (Ms. Thompsons daughter), a cameraman, a light engineer and a sound engineer (all unknown yet).
Could be my not native English or just a misunderstaning, but as l got it, the MD and the medium are working alone.
Also, who is the host of the show, if he isn´t worth mentioning him/her?

- lf Talon is a game character, who is he? The host or someone in that crew?

- lf Talon is a car model, it sure isn´t the crew´s car, since a film team has a lot of equipment to carry around. So, who´s car is it and why should it be important?

Strange and more strange..

edited for spelling_

Wow!!!!! I go on vacation for a week and the thread blows up.
I think the ghost patrol calls in Lea as a psychic and she gets freaked out from what she sees or feels and calls us in.

Also I don't think the Talon clue has anything to do with a car. I think its a name. Maybe someone on the ghost team or someone from the town hosting the ghost patrol.

larwen
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by larwen on Nov 9, 12 6:43 AM
Hey, dogmama, I don't think CCF was trying to be mean. You're doing this the right way, talk it out until you get there.
I've been doing the spec thread for several years (mostly as a lurker ) and you've just about always been on the ball with the correct responses.
Plus, I really like reading your ideas.

[Post New]by Pirate_Pete on Nov 9, 12 7:13 AM
dogmama wrote:

I am wondering if "Protect your digits" is the correct answer. Maybe Hondo will let us know later.

I think it has to be, since it's the only solution provided by a straightforward reverse alphabet (A=Z = Z-A) cifer. It's almost inconceivable that a random character substitution would also produce a (more or less ) sensible phrase from a Z-A decode... er... if you see what I mean

playzmuzic
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by playzmuzic on Nov 9, 12 7:24 AM
Saw Hondo´s list now. Well done fishies!!
So my speculations were wrong. As every year.
Think l should give my MCF badge back.

Then they'd have to take mine too, and a lot of other peoples... they can't afford to take out well over half the staff.

But if they ever have a music clue, you guys will need me.

susanszy
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by susanszy on Nov 9, 12 7:25 AM
crazycatfishlady, thank you for the compilation!!

Purplerabbit, nice job on assembling the cube, and ty for posting pics of it!

(Hope the little one feels better soon!)

weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Nov 9, 12 7:25 AM
Me again..

Was anew looking for Talon and found a description of the book l found earlier on wiki.

"Plot summary - Talon of the Silver Hawk by Raymond E. Feist

Evil has come to a distant land high among the snow-capped mountains of Midkemia, as an exterminating army wearing the colors of the Duke of Olasko razes village after village, slaughtering men, women, and children without mercy. And when the carnage is done, only one survivor remains: a young boy named Kiele. A youth no longer, there is now but one road for him to travel: the path of vengeance. And he will not be alone. Under the tutelage of the rescuers who discovered him, Kiele will be molded into a sure and pitiless weapon. And he will accept the destiny that has been chosen for him . . . as Talon of the Silver Hawk.
But the prey he so earnestly stalks is hunting him as well. And Talon must swear allegiance to a shadowy cause that already binds his mysterious benefactors - or his mission, his honor, and his life will be lost forever."

See some relation? There is a Silver Hawk and also l know of Hawk Eagles. lf Talon is a relation to Eagle, maybe Talon is a relation to hawk too and further the game character.
l know it looks far fetched, but somehow makes sense for me.

[Post New]by bows123456 on Nov 9, 12 7:46 AM
Jack ( The Shining ) Talon...good name?

kristis86
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by kristis86 on Nov 9, 12 7:52 AM
bows123456 wrote:Jack ( The Shining ) Talon...good name?

Jack Talon has a nice ring to it. Plus I love all things Stephen King!

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 9, 12 7:57 AM

Why Jack?

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 9, 12 7:58 AM
Morning all I'm back. Purple, I'm sorry to hear that your baby is ill. I hope he get's better soon. As for the theory about the ghost T.V. show that is part of Shadow Lake maybe the medium and MD do have to work on their own. I mean we don't quite know what is the reason behind the MD was sent for. Maybe most of the cast mysteriously disappeared and the medium and MD have to find them. Just throwing out my on this train of thought. Will be posting my latest countdown song very soon.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 9, 12 7:59 AM
crazycatfishlady - Awsome blossom!! I'm going to c/p your posts into Word straight away so I can keep track!

Everyone: Don't forget the bottom of Hondo's post:

"Now, these aren't the only ones who have been on the right track (there's simply not enough room to list everyone!)"

I've been tracking all our clues & theories & I can tell ya - every single one of us has contributed! Most clues have been multi-layered - one fish solves part, another fish swims along and adds to that solution, and so on & we eventually get the answer as a team!!!

And we bounce theories off of each other so fast the Harlem Globe Trotters couldn't keep up!!

Poor Hondo had 135 pages to go through (that's...what...2700 posts??) in order to give us some hint of which posts would be helpful in putting all our pieces together - he's right - there was no way to list everyone who contibuted!!

We are Team Trip P & tried but true - "There is no "i" in team...but there is a "we" in tWEam!!! So...

Tweam Trip P it is!!!

So all around - and take a deep breath and enjoy the morning quiet - 'cause we may get hit with another storm of clues any minute now!! Woot!!!

Edited on 11/09/2012 at 8:00:30 AM PST

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 9, 12 8:04 AM
O.K. everyone here is today's countdown song. I hope you all like it.

Thirteen days remain
Waiting is such a pain
But through sleet, snow and rain
We'll continue down the lane
Thirteen days remain

Thirteen days to clear clue muck
We are going to need a lot of luck
Picman and Hondo are more mischievous than Puck
And they love to see us get stuck
Which really sucks
With thirteen days I need charms for luck

sunfish09
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,595 Posts

[Post New]by sunfish09 on Nov 9, 12 8:06 AM
Hello Everyone Purple I hope your Baby feels better soon

Weissvonnix I've been thinking the same thing .Why is MD there ?? I don't think t MD wants an extra gig being on TV. Did something happen to the ghost patrol? and Medium is asking for our help to save them??

Edited on 11/09/2012 at 8:08:13 AM PST

[Post New]by bows123456 on Nov 9, 12 8:06 AM
Purplerabbit wrote:

Why Jack?

Just something that's been stuck in my head since last night....while i was trying to catch up on the spec thread.

Kristi, I too love Stephen King...but you know that don't you.

weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Nov 9, 12 8:07 AM
The Shining! One of the main characters is Danny. The son of Jack Torrance.
Danny´s nick name is "doc"!!!

Edited on 11/09/2012 at 8:08:58 AM PST

susanszy
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by susanszy on Nov 9, 12 8:09 AM
If 'Protect Your Digits' is correct, what are some reasons we'd need to do that?

Ghosts that bite?
Some icky substance that we need to pick through?
Protection from the cold?
Protection from heat?

Edited on 11/09/2012 at 8:10:15 AM PST

[Post New]by bows123456 on Nov 9, 12 8:10 AM
weissvonnix wrote:The Shining! One of the main characters is Danny. The son of Jack Torrance.
Danny´s nick name is "doc"!!!

Go to: