OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Apr 22, 18 5:31 AM
I am totally new to this game, but have been playing GD since it started but I thought I would have a look out of interest to see what this one is all about. I downloaded it a few days ago on my ipad. Now this might seem like a stupid question, as I cannot find the latest page on the appropriate thread as there are so many ghost pages at the end, so I am posting on this one, but is this game an online only game? It seems that I absolutely must be connected to wifi in order to simply play the game, is that correct? It must be as every time I try to play it, whilst not connected, it comes up with zilch, zip, nada, nothing. If its online only, its going to cut me out as I don't have wifi all the time.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 22, 18 3:12 PM
Yes, you must have an internet connection to play MC. Whether wifi, landline, or cellular, you MUST be connected.
Most of my issues with the game are due to (lack of) connection issues. It's just part of the journey - sometimes it will be more difficult for you than other times.
The best advice I can give, after 3 years of struggling with this issue, is find the place where you have the strongest signal & do all your Castle activities there.
And make sure you don't have anything running in the background that could be stealing bandwidth. Check your other apps in settings. If it doesn't NEED internet access to function, don't let it have it!
Happy searching!

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Apr 22, 18 6:07 PM
thanks for answering my question Desertdruid, I appreciate you taking time to let me know. I just don't think I will bother going any further with it as the wifi is a pain to have to be connected all the time and it also constantly drains the battery which is a nuisance. I played around on it for a short time though.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 23, 18 2:13 PM
Hello f_Molly, OOo_jules_oOO, and Desertdruid,

Thank you for taking the time to discuss issues you have experienced while playing. As Desertdruid has suggested, the game Midnight Castle requires a strong, constant Internet connection to be played. Players seeing connectivity issues may be helped with those suggestions to check other background apps or programs to see if they may be unintentionally interfering, as well as the suggested steps in our following article regarding this issue:

Connection issues

Generally, the above are able to help in most scenarios where there appears to be a weak or problematic connection. However, players are also requested to contact our Support Team should they continue to see trouble. Telling our Reps what you've tried to resolve the issue, as well as discussing how the device is connected can help our teams better understand what might be happening so they can follow up.

f_Molly, I am sorry to hear there appears to have been a loss of diamonds. In this case, I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with your Friend Code and details about this issue, including how many diamonds were approximately lost, when they appeared to be missing, and what was occurring during or before the moment those diamonds appear to have gone missing. This will help the teams behind the game investigate if necessary, and also allow our teams to better assist with what is occurring.

Thank you all for your patience and time. If there are any further questions, concerns, or feedback, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Apr 23, 18 7:36 PM
Thanks for the help, just checked back to see if any other replies to my original question. I have now deleted the game as I simply couldn't be bothered having to be always connected to wifi, its too much of a hassle on the ipad. OK for those who don't have issues though.

Go to: