Post your TECH ISSUES for Mind Snares: Alice's Journey here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Mar 11, 14 12:33 AM
A thread for you to post any tech issues for this game!

Edited on 03/11/2014 at 9:01:39 AM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Mind Snares: Alice's Journey here

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 11, 14 9:01 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by kazaskud on Mar 11, 14 3:11 PM
I purchased the game and after installation and starting game play, I have a black screen. I can see the diary, menu, hint button and inventory but nothing else. I have re-installed but to no avail. I was up to giving the old woman water when I decided to purchase.

[Post New]by krisje2111 on Mar 11, 14 3:33 PM
I finished the enitre game, but when i finished chapter 1,2,3 it did not give me the achievements for finishing these chapters. I also played a HOS without misclicking but the achievement for this was not given.

grts from Belgium

bestmommat
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by bestmommat on Mar 13, 14 1:02 PM
I also played a HOS without mis-clicking but the achievement for this was not given.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Mar 14, 14 8:32 AM
not sure if this is a tech issue or not. I have the sword, the lady in the tree is gone. I clicked where the portal used to be and went back into the 4th "world". Now I have the sword and cannot do anything. I cannot get back to the tree and place the sword in the stone. I'm stuck and the hint does not help me at all. anyone else have this problem?

ivorybow
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by ivorybow on Mar 14, 14 1:43 PM
kazaskud wrote:I purchased the game and after installation and starting game play, I have a black screen. I can see the diary, menu, hint button and inventory but nothing else. I have re-installed but to no avail. I was up to giving the old woman water when I decided to purchase.

I am experiencing this same problem, except I can only see my cursor, which I can move around. The music plays. I was well into Chapter 2 when this started and now when i start the game, I am back at the beginning of Ch. 2. The cave in happens and then the screen turns black.

MissGoodie
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by MissGoodie on Mar 15, 14 5:35 AM
I have the same problems as some of you out there do; I didn´t get the achievement for finishing the first chapter (without any mistakes) (I haven't done the rest yet, but I'm asuming I won't get them either) or the achievment for "the no mis-clicks" HOP...

Not that it means that I can't play the game, but it's one of the things like to (try to) do; get every singel achievment in every game and now it's ruined, even though i actually achieved it. Hmph!

grammakk
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by grammakk on Mar 15, 14 7:22 PM
I got the sword and can't go anywhere tried exiting game and going back in nothing happening

sullysdragons
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by sullysdragons on Mar 16, 14 12:22 PM
grammakk wrote:I got the sword and can't go anywhere tried exiting game and going back in nothing happening

Same problem here. The hint button does nothing. I've been to each area and run my mouse over the entire scene(s). Nothing. I can't go back and I can't do anything. It would be nice to get an answer if this is a tech problem or we are missing something?

grammakk
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by grammakk on Mar 17, 14 11:42 AM
i sure do miss live chat. this problem would have been resolved 2 days ago..hey big fish we're waiting.by the time we get an answer we'll lose interest in the game..

sweetz007
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by sweetz007 on Mar 17, 14 7:21 PM
i also had trouble getting achievements that should have been given (completing the chapters, misclicking) . any word on why the game is not giving the achievements?

grammakk
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by grammakk on Mar 18, 14 12:49 PM
go to customer service report what happened. make sure you tell them if you played the demo and what happens.. they gave some release by allowing me to keep the game and try in another computer(which I don't have) or a new profile which I may do down the road but lost interest in the game now. sure do miss live chat..got a complimentary game so they are aware there is an issue. sooo wanted to see the ending. thanks customer service for not thinking we're imagining things.

Petsitterkathy
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by Petsitterkathy on Mar 19, 14 5:59 AM
I am at end of game , but keep going in circles between 3 rooms. The hint no longer works. I think I made a wrong turn and now can't get to he correct place to continue

grammakk
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by grammakk on Mar 19, 14 6:02 PM
i was told to try the game over with a new profile, I don't like doing that but really wanted to see the end. it worked. I skipped the dialogue and the puzzles to get to it faster but you do get to the end. don't understand why that worked now, but thought it might help you guys out there.

[Post New]by celexachic on Mar 19, 14 8:34 PM
I got out with my sword with no problem and placed it in the stone. I decided to make sure I missed nothing before moving on and saw an arrow to the right. When I clicked on it I ended up back in the shadow world with no way out. This is the first game I've ever had a problem with through BigFishGames. PC

Edited on 03/19/2014 at 8:36:42 PM PST

[Post New]by the3rdparty on Apr 19, 14 4:50 PM
I have the same problem with the sword - I have it but nowhere to go with it and nothing works including the hint button - in objectives I still need to complete the last totem. There is a bug but the funny part is the first time I played the game I do not remember this problem - Now I am playing it for the second time and seeing this at what seems to be the end or final chapter of the game.

I guess I will contact customer service to enquire about an update or fix for the bug.

[Post New]by wpbmommy1 on Apr 20, 14 4:46 PM
I'm also with the sword, stuck in the shadow world. OMG this is so frustrating. What can I do?

[Post New]by myownhero on May 5, 14 11:24 AM
After I go through the maze the screen goes black and the words "Help us and we will repay you" appear at the bottom of the screen. It is frozen there with no sound. I have uninstalled and re-installed to no avail.

hidnseekr
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by hidnseekr on Jun 13, 14 8:58 PM
The achievements, it did not give me 10 that I should have. Several times the word "glove" was used for a cup. Allot of words in HOG's were wrong.
Come on dev's. These cost money. Lastly, there were not very many puzzles in this game either.

PS. Tech says there was an update to game in May. I just got this in June!! Checked for updates also, none.

Edited on 06/13/2014 at 8:59:14 PM PST

Go to: