Gifting after update

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

Gifting after update

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 11, 14 4:35 AM
Has anyone received any gifts since the update? I usually have 3 or 4 gifts in the morning after shutting my game down for the night....today I have none. In fact, I have not received any gifts since the update at all. This is my game that I have limited the number of friends I have....and I chose players that actually do send gifts every day. Wondering if this is happening to anyone else?

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

Re:Gifting after update

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Mar 11, 14 5:21 AM
I have sent and received on one of my games awalkinglady, haven't sent as yet on this one but have received; my third I haven't even been into today!

antiquer
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,386 Posts

[Post New]by antiquer on Mar 11, 14 5:22 AM
Just received a gift when I logged on . ( I had taken down my wish list and just added a couple of items)

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 11, 14 5:39 AM
cynththemoler wrote:I have sent and received on one of my games awalkinglady, haven't sent as yet on this one but have received; my third I haven't even been into today!

Seems you are one of the few lucky ones....you are able to get into three games?? I haven't been able to access my original game since January and was locked out of my second game yesterday. Although I can still play my 3rd game right now, I expect that to change and be locked out of it at any minute now.

Given the extreme mess that they have made of this game, I will NEVER play another game that Elephant Games has anything to do with....when seeing their name, I will run for the hills as fast as I possibly can!!!

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Mar 11, 14 5:40 AM
I have received many gifts since the update and even got one this morning from someone who has never returned the favor before. That gesture brightened my day

I too only have a few friends but even then you only get to send 5 a day so some people get left out until the next day

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 11, 14 5:43 AM
Just seems odd since these players have been gifting to me every day since I was able to give/receive gifts.

Also have about 10 crafting items that are locked. Thinking it might have something to do with what level I am on but I'm at the end of level 16.....never saw this before either.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Mar 11, 14 5:53 AM
Is it possible that it's people whom were locked out that are having gifting problems?

It's my second game at level 11 that is not having an issue. I can't get back into my level 18 game yet so I can't check it out for you.

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Mar 11, 14 5:58 AM
awalkinglady wrote:
cynththemoler wrote:I have sent and received on one of my games awalkinglady, haven't sent as yet on this one but have received; my third I haven't even been into today!

Seems you are one of the few lucky ones....you are able to get into three games?? I haven't been able to access my original game since January and was locked out of my second game yesterday. Although I can still play my 3rd game right now, I expect that to change and be locked out of it at any minute now.

Given the extreme mess that they have made of this game, I will NEVER play another game that Elephant Games has anything to do with....when seeing their name, I will run for the hills as fast as I possibly can!!!

Two of the games I haven't gone very far with though awalkinglady; after I was locked out of my 2nd game at level 17 (my first game is gone forever) I did more HOS than quests and then when I saw about this update I deliberately didn't do anymore questing until this was over. I still cannot get into the one I was locked out from, that is the one I think I got a lot of eggs in - before I realised what we can do with them I gifted a couple!!! This sure is a game where luck plays a big part isn't it? My games are all very different.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 11, 14 6:35 AM
This is really annoying to me! Having had no problems with giving/receiving gifts before the update and now I don't seem to be able to get any gifts. Since this is now going to be the primary method of gaining pet food, I think it stinks! Just played through all 16 of the HOS scenes and received nothing extra but those airship items and one green mark! And I can't even test out whether there is a problem with my game in terms of receiving gifts because I can't gain access to my other game thanks to this ridiculous updating they are supposedly doing manually! The only other theory that makes sense is that all 20 of the people who usually send me gifts regularly are locked out of the game.

If I were you, cynththemoler, I would consider myself lucky that you can actually play two of your games regardless of what level you are on.

In my opinion, they are successfully ruining a game that was previously alot of fun to play! I feel very sorry for new players. If I had known that I would encounter these kind of issues, I never would have started playing this game.

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Mar 11, 14 6:54 AM
awalkinglady pm me your friend code (is that what it's called? I forget!) and I will send you some food.

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on Mar 11, 14 8:24 AM
awalkinglady wrote:Given the extreme mess that they have made of this game, I will NEVER play another game that Elephant Games has anything to do with....when seeing their name, I will run for the hills as fast as I possibly can!!!

Maybe you have to change your name in arunninglady?

devil8duck
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by devil8duck on Mar 11, 14 9:01 AM
Just FYI, if you send out the airship with the new airship items, you will receive pet food and marks as a reward.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 11, 14 9:50 AM
Duncan....Good idea....I'll be arunninglady running as fast and far away from any Elephant Games products in the future! Worst developer ever!

I did in fact send out the airship....and guess what....it returned an ordinary mark (gee, I only have hundreds of them) and a pig pet food....worthless to me since I've never even seen a pig egg!!

edited to add....on a positive note, I have finally begun getting gifts again. Now would like to know why I have so many crafting items that are locked. Anyone else getting this in their game since the update?

Edited on 03/11/2014 at 9:52:10 AM PST

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Mar 11, 14 1:17 PM

One of your games? Meaning you play different computers or found a way to play more than one game per same computer? I so want to start a new game...
As for gifts, I also sent and received since update so, sorry.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 11, 14 1:21 PM
You can start a new game by adding another user account on your computer. Then log in with that user, go to BFG Games Manager and voila...a second game!

Edited on 03/11/2014 at 1:22:05 PM PST

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Mar 11, 14 1:24 PM
efi24 wrote:

One of your games? Meaning you play different computers or found a way to play more than one game per same computer? I so want to start a new game...

You can do as awalkinglady says but do set the new user account as administrator, I do happen to have other computers as well.

Sherriesim
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Sherriesim on Mar 11, 14 1:40 PM
I'm getting a glitch where when I send gifts to some people (not all) I don't get cards back and it allows me to send multiple gifts (up to 5) to the same person. The person does not move to the back of my list with a thank you, but when I send each gift my daily gift allowance still drops by 1, and I can carry on sending to them to the same person until my allowance is used. I don't know if they are getting these gifts or not and reading here that some people aren't getting gifts makes me wonder if they are the one of the ones affected? It seems to affect different people on my list each day, and the cards come correctly for the others.

If these people are not getting the gifts it needs fixing, as there's no way of finding out if you will get a card back until you have wasted the gift, and people are getting upset thinking no one has gifted them

Gifting is now getting about as reliable as our Christmas postal service.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Mar 11, 14 1:46 PM
cynththemoler wrote:
efi24 wrote:

You can do as awalkinglady says but do set the new user account as administrator, I do happen to have other computers as well.

Hey, thank you both! I'll try that... But why do I need to make it administrator?

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Mar 11, 14 2:04 PM
It won't play if you don't; I don't know the actual reason.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Mar 11, 14 2:21 PM
cynththemoler wrote:It won't play if you don't; I don't know the actual reason.

Well, I'll definitely try that. Tried it ones with ART but it just gave me my saved cloud lol hope this works! Thanks again!

Oh and awakinglady, if I'll manage to so I'll be sure to send you a friend's request and gift you asap! Oh I'll also try gifting you after midnight tonight from my current user.

Go to: